User Tag List

First 345

Results 41 to 50 of 50

  1. #41
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I missed this! Funnily enough, when reading this thread and seeing you say that INTPs tend to correct linguistics a lot I thought to myself "Eh, I don't know about that, I may notice things but I tend to not make it a point to say anything..." only to find you use me as an example And funnily enough, when you described how it's done...I couldn't help but agree with you.

    I don't even remember this happening btw.
    Hahaha, it was funny. It was so natural to you, like breathing. I agree with BlackCat. And because my Ne is so natural to me, I kept thinking "what if I say this or that, what is going to happen? what if...?"

    Because I'm also an NT, I understood what you were doing and why, I always notice those things, too. But I'm wondering if that's why other types tend to think of INTPs as smug or arrogant because of their need to correct.

  2. #42
    Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    ENTPs have unconscious Ne and conscious Ti, INTPs have unconscious Ti and conscious Ne. Of course the Ti in ENTPs and Ne in INTPs will be somewhat unconscious, but it will really get going once the person tries to activate it within themselves.

    And if you're an INTP, took a function test and got more Ne that doesn't mean Ne>Ti. That means that you didn't agree with the stereotypical way that Ti was said to be used in the test, and your Ti is still unconscious with Ne conscious.

    And if you think you're an ambivert or that you're an "XNTP" then you're just getting a bad definition of E/I. You have to keep in mind that extroverts are more outwardly focused/expressed than introverts, who are inwardly focused/expressed. This is why Ne being unconscious in ENTPs makes sense and Ti being unconscious in INTPs makes sense.
    What system are you using? I was under the impression TiNeSiFe/NeTiFeSi were all conscious for INTP and ENTPs. The unconscious ones are the inverse.



  3. #43
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Think it's natural to correct people on what you are knowledgable about. Some do it to help, others because they feel misinformation is a bane in this world. It's not just INTPs that do this, but they are the ones that tend to be focussed on the whole language precision use to assimilate knowledge better. And yes, it can come off as smug and arrogant. But so can anyone else who's talking about their field of expertise and cannot stand others getting even the smallest detail wrong.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  4. #44
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    What system are you using? I was under the impression TiNeSiFe/NeTiFeSi were all conscious for INTP and ENTPs. The unconscious ones are the inverse.
    My own made up one.

    But really, the dominant function is pretty much unconscious with use... it's your bread and butter. You automatically do it. That's what I meant. The 2ndary is less of an auto response to things and is also a slave to your dominant. And other stuff that you already know.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  5. #45
    garbage
    Guest

    Default

    Just yesterday, a friend of mine told me that my relationship with my ISFP worked because we're "both so introverted. Seriously, I'm not sure how two people as introverted as you are actually FIND each other!"

    So, yeah.. this isn't the first time I've heard something like this. I know that I can give off an introverted vibe because I'm often detached and analytical. And there are threads abound on ENxPs being "introverted extroverts."

  6. #46
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Think it's natural to correct people on what you are knowledgable about. Some do it to help, others because they feel misinformation is a bane in this world. It's not just INTPs that do this, but they are the ones that tend to be focussed on the whole language precision use to assimilate knowledge better. And yes, it can come off as smug and arrogant. But so can anyone else who's talking about their field of expertise and cannot stand others getting even the smallest detail wrong.
    I don't necessarily believe it's natural. For me, I notice the same things that Jock noticed, but I was content to just know that I know. I didn't need to correct. I correct on things that will be detrimental not to correct. Like obvious flaws in facts. But simple things like this seem unimportant to me, and I don't think grammar is the Jock's driving force. It was just a reflex.

    Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    So, yeah.. this isn't the first time I've heard something like this. I know that I can give off an introverted vibe because I'm often detached and analytical. And there are threads abound on ENxPs being "introverted extroverts."
    That's because our extroverted dominant function is still a perceiving function. Followed up with an introverted function.

  7. #47
    Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,193

    Default

    GF just texted me back, after I asked her if I had a habit of doing it a lot.

    "All the time, but I ignore you when you bring it to my attention, since when you don't do it you get all fidgety."




  8. #48
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    LOL, Jock

    Jeno: I think you'll probably find yourself doing the same thing when it's on a subject that matters to you, that you consider important enough not to let little details slide on
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  9. #49
    garbage
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    That's because our extroverted dominant function is still a perceiving function. Followed up with an introverted function.
    Makes perfect sense.

    That, and Ne isn't really "based in reality" like Se is, so it's as if we're off in our own worlds anyway. So our two main functions completely abstract information about the world around us and dissect it internally.

  10. #50
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    GF just texted me back, after I asked her if I had a habit of doing it a lot.

    "All the time, but I ignore you when you bring it to my attention, since when you don't do it you get all fidgety."

    You certainly fidgeted. Hahahaha... It was funny. There was one time you were putting food in your mouth and you stopped cold, mentally debating what you should do first: correct me or take the bite that was an inch away from your lips.

    You corrected me first, btw.

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    LOL, Jock

    Jeno: I think you'll probably find yourself doing the same thing when it's on a subject that matters to you, that you consider important enough not to let little details slide on
    Yeah, that's what I said. I don't do it for every little thing, like INTPs can.

Similar Threads

  1. ENTP or INTP? The Eternal Dilemma
    By Emperor Enigma in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 04-01-2014, 12:42 AM
  2. More Type Confusion... ENTP or INTP?? *bangs head against computer*
    By The_World_As_Will in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-27-2011, 08:59 PM
  3. ENTP or INTP? Or something else?
    By pseudoku in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-25-2010, 09:03 AM
  4. ENTP or INTP
    By Ajax in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06-19-2010, 09:23 PM
  5. [NT] ENTP or INTP...hmmmmmmmmmmm
    By SUPER in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 02-18-2010, 07:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO