User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I am to say that bilingual people tend to cope with mistakes themselves and are more understanding towards them as opposed to people knowing only one language and having it mastered perfectly.
    Ok
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I thought about that for a long time, but I truly fit every ENTP description I have ever read. And while I identify a lot with INTPs, the ones that know me in irl would never call me one of their own.

I am definitely withdrawn but the more people, the more energized I get when I force myself out of the house. Also, I am someone who flits around from topic to topic and subject to subject, instead of specializing in depth like most INTPs.

But maybe I have a distorted view. I don't know. I guess if any forum members that have met me irl happen to see this thread, they might be able to comment further? I don't know, I just feel like an ENTP.
    ENTPs and ENFPs seem to be more floating in the world of ideas, whereas INTPs are more focused and they tend a lot more to hold on to their ideas. ENTPs have a dominant perceiving function and Ti is their anchor and brings some closure. With INTPs it`s the other way round, their dominant judging function brings closure and they need their Ne to stay floating and open to new ideas.

So I would say ENTP fits you.

MBTI
    abcd

Quote Originally Posted by Delphyne View Post
    ENTPs and ENFPs seem to be more floating in the world of ideas, whereas INTPs are more focused and they tend a lot more to hold on to their ideas. ENTPs have a dominant perceiving function and Ti is their anchor and brings some closure. With INTPs it`s the other way round, their dominant judging function brings closure and they need their Ne to stay floating and open to new ideas.

I think it could be my case too. Thanks.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Delphyne View Post

Yes, I know I am an ENTP. But like I said my Ne and Ti are almost level, and I switch back and forth in my dominant usage of them. I guess I use Ti when I'm alone and Ne when I'm out? I don't know. Who knows how the mind really processes anyway...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Yes, I know I am an ENTP. But like I said my Ne and Ti are almost level, and I switch back and forth in my dominant usage of them. I guess I use Ti when I'm alone and Ne when I'm out? I don't know. Who knows how the mind really processes anyway...
    I've noticed that too, ENTPs are supposedly completely unemotional and serious when alone, and nuts when out and about (or something like that). I go pretty Ti when alone, letting my mind wander and analyze whatever comes up, often working out how things work without focusing much at all. Then when there are people around, I tangent all over the place, suddenly ask what a Howitzer is, or scream GOLF CLUBS! There are some social situations in which I go blank and quiet in though, I need to have some kind of control over a conversation before going nuts.

I'm starting to think that Fluffy Wolf might be one of us btw, all the INTPs I know exhibit that linguistic correction tendency. They are quite quick to pick up on incorrect tenses/pronunciations, I tell them I don't care...
    5 3 9

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post

I'm starting to think that Fluffy Wolf might be one of us btw, all the INTPs I know exhibit that linguistic correction tendency. They are quite quick to pick up on incorrect tenses/pronunciations, I tell them I don't care...
    I'm so glad you noticed that, too. It seems like it's their obsession. And meanwhile I sit there thinking, you are going to correct my grammar and you don't even know that your shirt is on inside out.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Nice ass, buddy
    Thanx man, Sexy skunks are also in fashion
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I'm so glad you noticed that, too. It seems like it's their obsession. And meanwhile I sit there thinking, you are going to correct my grammar and you don't even know that your shirt is on inside out.
    hahha, so that's why there are so many of them on the internet...
    5 3 9

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

It's the subtle way... I'm not trying to put anyone on blast, but I'm gonna. Fuck it. Ok, for instance, I was at a meetup with JocktheMotie and I had just come from speaking mandarin with a tennis partner. So at the meetup, it took me a little while to start thinking again in English. I butchered a few words and he casually corrected me. But in a subtle way. Like if I asked "can you help me with my xzy?", he would repeat it back to me like "oh, you need help with your xyz, sure, I can help you!" I don't think he even noticed it. It was so funny and adorable that I deliberately butchered at least 5 more words just to see, and I wasn't disappointed. This seems to be my experience with those of the INTP persuasion.

But yeah, those who speak multiple languages are usually more tolerant, as a whole.
    I missed this! Funnily enough, when reading this thread and seeing you say that INTPs tend to correct linguistics a lot I thought to myself "Eh, I don't know about that, I may notice things but I tend to not make it a point to say anything..." only to find you use me as an example And funnily enough, when you described how it's done...I couldn't help but agree with you.

I don't even remember this happening btw.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

ENTPs have unconscious Ne and conscious Ti, INTPs have unconscious Ti and conscious Ne. Of course the Ti in ENTPs and Ne in INTPs will be somewhat unconscious, but it will really get going once the person tries to activate it within themselves.

And if you're an INTP, took a function test and got more Ne that doesn't mean Ne>Ti. That means that you didn't agree with the stereotypical way that Ti was said to be used in the test, and your Ti is still unconscious with Ne conscious.

And if you think you're an ambivert or that you're an "XNTP" then you're just getting a bad definition of E/I. You have to keep in mind that extroverts are more outwardly focused/expressed than introverts, who are inwardly focused/expressed. This is why Ne being unconscious in ENTPs makes sense and Ti being unconscious in INTPs makes sense.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)