User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ESFj

Default Am I an ESFP or an ENFP?

How would I know which one I am? I read both of them and I'm having trouble deciding. My percentages are in my signature.
    E - 79% I - 21%
    S - 53% N - 47%
    T - 32% F - 68%
    J - 32% P - 68%

ESFP

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by KarenParker View Post
    How would I know which one I am? I read both of them and I'm having trouble deciding. My percentages are in my signature.
    I think you might be an ENFP, actually. Though ESFP is still likely.

Well, there are several ways to decide. My favorite would be to compare Ne and Se first:

Extraverted Sensing occurs when we become aware of what is in the physical world in rich detail. We may be drawn to act on what we experience to get an immediate result. We notice relevant facts and occurrences in a sea of data and experiences, learning all the facts we can about the immediate context or area of focus and what goes on in that context. An active seeking of more and more input to get the whole picture may occur until all sources of input have been exhausted or something else captures our attention. Extraverted Sensing is operating when we freely follow exciting physical impulses or instincts as they come up and enjoy the thrill of action in the present moment. A oneness with the physical world and a total absorption may exist as we move, touch, and sense what is around us. The process involves instantly reading cues to see how far we can go in a situation and still get the impact we want or respond to the situation with presence.
    Extraverted iNtuiting involves noticing hidden meanings and interpreting them, often entertaining a wealth of possible interpretations from just one idea or interpreting what someoneís behavior really means. It also involves seeing things ďas if,Ē with various possible representations of reality. Using this process, we can juggle many different ideas, thoughts, beliefs, and meanings in our mind at once with the possibility that they are all true. This is like weaving themes and threads together. We donít know the weave until a thought thread appears or is drawn out in the interaction of thoughts, often brought in from other contexts. Thus a strategy or concept often emerges from the here-and-now interactions, not appearing as a whole beforehand. Using this process we can really appreciate brainstorming and trust what emerges, enjoying imaginative play with scenarios and combining possibilities, using a kind of cross-contextual thinking. Extraverted iNtuiting also can involve catalyzing people and extemporaneously shaping situations, spreading an atmosphere of change through emergent leadership.
    So, which of these do you relate more to?

Also, how do you view life? Do you look more at details or patterns?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ESFj

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    So, which of these do you relate more to?

Also, how do you view life? Do you look more at details or patterns?
    Boy. It's really difficult for me to judge which one sounds more like me because I would need them both to be explained with concrete examples. But I definitely use my imagination constantly and find hidden meaning in things. I really live for the moment though. I am always thinking to myself, "Really enjoy this moment right now."

I view life as something where you have live every good feeling to it's fullest and really savor it. And I also feel like we could die at any moment so we need to not play it safe and do the things that fulfill us the most no matter what the cost.

I think I see patterns in things without even thinking about it. When I tell a story or respond to a post on here I am sure to respond to everything fully.

OK here is why I think I might be an N. I am always thinking about the future. I have random thoughts. I am easily inspired and I'm always getting ideas for creative things like movies and plays and stories and music. I am always using my imagination to entertain myself and playing out fantasies and things like that. I get excited about the future more than the here and now. I like to come up with ideas that have never been done before. I like things like perfectly consistent ideologies. I love to fantasize about the future. For example, my future house and how I would raise my children and future vacations. Sometimes I can best describe something in a really abstract way like I'll tell someone, "you're a piece of seaweed on the ocean floor" and that is honestly the best way I can describe to them what I think of them. I do think it's boring when other people talk that way though. At every job I ever worked I felt like my co-workers were stupid because they never looked at the big picture of the business in the entire world and would get hung up on stupid things like a procedure for wiping down our computer screens. I think they always thought I was a weirdo for NOT giving a crap about that kind of stuff and rarely abiding by it. Lastly, I'm a very intuitive person. I know what other people are feeling and what their deepest motives are even if I've just met them.
    E - 79% I - 21%
    S - 53% N - 47%
    T - 32% F - 68%
    J - 32% P - 68%

ESFP

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Boy. It's really difficult for me to judge which one sounds more like me because I would need them both to be explained with concrete examples. But I definitely use my imagination constantly and find hidden meaning in things. I really live for the moment though. I am always thinking to myself, "Really enjoy this moment right now."

I view life as something where you have live every good feeling to it's fullest and really savor it. And I also feel like we could die at any moment so we need to not play it safe and do the things that fulfill us the most no matter what the cost.

I think I see patterns in things without even thinking about it. When I tell a story or respond to a post on here I am sure to respond to everything fully.
    Hmm... that could either be your weaker Ni coming into play, or evidence of Ne.

Okay, well, I'll try. Let me see...

Let's take a cola can.

Se: This is a Diet Dr. Pepper can, silvery and maroon colored. There's a little smudge near the top of the rim. It's empty. There's no fog on the surface and it isn't cold to the touch, so it's been empty for while.

Ne: This is a soda can. I could recycle it, throw it away (which would be bad for the environment), build a tower of soda cans using the other 11 cans on the table out of it for fun, or perform various experiments on it to see what weight/temperature it can hold up to.

I didn't mean to make Ne sound like more fun than Se, but I think I did.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Se is about the taste and feel of the can of Dr. Pepper. Like the satisfying sound and feel of crushing that aluminum can under your shoe. Ne is about the things you can do with the can other than recycling or tossing it in the trash. Does that balance out the fun factor?
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    Se is about the taste and feel of the can of Dr. Pepper. Like the satisfying sound and feel of crushing that aluminum can under your shoe. Ne is about the things you can do with the can other than recycling or tossing it in the trash. Does that balance out the fun factor?
    Ah, yes. That makes sense.

That's probably closer to it.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ESFj

Hmmm... well if we're talking beverages, I'm probably leaning more toward the sensor thing. Even if it's not fun! haha! I had a beer with a friend the other night and I didn't try to do anything with the bottle but I do remember thinking that I liked drinks in glass bottles. God, maybe it is more boring to be a sensor...
    E - 79% I - 21%
    S - 53% N - 47%
    T - 32% F - 68%
    J - 32% P - 68%

ESFP

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Hmmm... well if we're talking beverages, I'm probably leaning more toward the sensor thing. Even if it's not fun! haha! I had a beer with a friend the other night and I didn't try to do anything with the bottle but I do remember thinking that I liked drinks in glass bottles. God, maybe it is more boring to be a sensor...
    Probably just more boring when it comes to empty beverage containers.

And don't worry, I would do the same thing most of the time. I just contemplate such things internally (Ni) rather than acting on them.

Beverages in glass bottles are the best. I liked finding Coca-Cola in them at one store, and the old Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks from when I was a kid were really good too.

Usually I end up settling for aluminum cans, though (which are decent, but not as good as glass). Plastic bottles are my least favorite containers to drink out of, but they're so common now.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

When going for a drive, which do you tend to think about more:
    1. Worrying about which direction to take after the next direction you take
    2. Not really worrying at all and just deciding when you get there

You'll probably have a bit of both, but you'll find that you might have a slight preference for one or the other. atm, I'd say you might be an ENFP.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

ENFPs are much more prone to childish naivete and spacy daydreaming. They're more zany, off the wall, etc. They have a sense of the theatrical that ESFPs don't, and they typically spend more time analyzing the in-depth implications of Fi and its multi-faceted ethics.

Much like INFP vs. ISFP, the ENFPs are more prone to taking things too personally, though either type can do this. ESFPs are better with body language and directly reading the physical energy of those around them, while responding to their needs through practical, often physically tangible means. ENFPs are more likely to theorize about broad, idealistic social change and neglect the practical needs of their loved ones when they get too caught up in "saving the world" or whatever pet project has struck their interest lately.

ESFPs stick more to their own business. They don't see a lot of reason to try and save the world--just focus on your life and your loved ones and do the right thing when the time comes--it's that simple.

ESFPs are also typically much better at working with their hands and things they can directly experience and learn by doing. While neither type is too big on following traditional methods, ENFP will usually at least consider the established theoretical method in the process of inventing his own, while ESFP regards the instruction manual as an absolute last resort.

ESFPs are a little more driven toward tangible action. They are comparatively weak in brainstorming sessions where a lot of new generalized concepts are being created--their strength comes in the practical implication of the ENFP's pie-in-the-sky grand schemes. ESFPs also cannot conceptualize as many simultaneous perspectives--too much abstraction without a clear practical use and they start to lose interest.

Both types love to talk and socialize, but ESFPs talk more about real events and people and what activities are going on in their lives at the moment...ENFPs are much more willing to wander off into some random area of discussion, making meta-jokes and layering meaning upon meaning, just to toy around with the possibilities.

If either of them can stop drinking/screwing/being merry long enough to actually get anything productive done, that is.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?