User Tag List

First 12

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    I'm a strong 4, and a 4 alone.

Fours draw from melancholy, and sad things, and being unique, like a sad non conformist. Somehow sounds like being emo, but it's not. If you're more opptimistic, cheery, dreamy, and a people lover and pleaser, I'd say you're a 9. If you're more artistic and depressive like a poet, and take pride in being an individual and relying on your heart for mostly everything than you're more of a 4.
    what wing of 4 are you?

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by MellowMarcello View Post
    Do you think emotions are your home base or not? 5s can be emotional...but their defense strategies like detachment are designed to protect them from their emotions. If you fear your emotions overwhelming you then you are a 5. 4s in contrast eat and breathe their emotions...they amplify their emotional states without inhibition.
    Well I guess that settles it. My emotions do often overwhelm me; which breeds feelings of anxiety as to why that it is, and a longing to keep them under proper control.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj

It seems like each time I take an Enneagram test I get a different answer. First 9w1, then 4w5, now 6w5. I can relate to all three almost equally. The descriptions of 4s do resonate with me more than the others, but after reading BlackCat's insights I'm wondering if that's just because some sources model 4 descriptions after INFJ and INFP profiles (since 4 is supposedly the most common Enneagram type for INFJs and INFPs).

I have struggled with minor anxiety issues (such as insomnia) throughout my life, so maybe I am a 6. But I'm not convinced, and it is frustrating to get a different answer each time I take the test. This definitely isn't as clear-cut as Myers-Briggs typing (in which I score INFJ consistently every time).

I checked out a thick book on Enneagram type from the library hoping to get a definitive answer; I read checklists of 20 questions for each type, and the book said that which ever one I respond yes to 15 or more questions to is my type. Well, I responded "yes" to 11-12 questions for 4, 5, 6, and 9. So now I'm more confused than ever. Sighhh.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mwv6r View Post
    It seems like each time I take an Enneagram test I get a different answer. First 9w1, then 4w5, now 6w5. I can relate to all three almost equally. The descriptions of 4s do resonate with me more than the others, but after reading BlackCat's insights I'm wondering if that's just because some sources model 4 descriptions after INFJ and INFP profiles (since 4 is supposedly the most common Enneagram type for INFJs and INFPs).

I have struggled with minor anxiety issues (such as insomnia) throughout my life, so maybe I am a 6. But I'm not convinced, and it is frustrating to get a different answer each time I take the test. This definitely isn't as clear-cut as Myers-Briggs typing (in which I score INFJ consistently every time).

I checked out a thick book on Enneagram type from the library hoping to get a definitive answer; I read checklists of 20 questions for each type, and the book said that which ever one I respond yes to 15 or more questions to is my type. Well, I responded "yes" to 11-12 questions for 4, 5, 6, and 9. So now I'm more confused than ever. Sighhh.
    Most enneagram tests are garbage. Riso and Hudson are good authors...the others not so much.

would say that in the majority of my interactions I'm a 9 -- I'm easygoing, dreamy, a people pleaser, accommodating, like and get along well with 99.9% of the people I meet (and that 0.1% really has to be an asshole to earn my ire), and constantly strive for harmony, becoming anxious if people around me are arguing. If two of my friends are in an argument with each other, I work quietly behind the scenes to try to ease them back onto better terms. And one of the most uncomfortable, anxiety-provoking feelings for me is when I worry that I've done or said the wrong thing in a social situation and unintentionally offended someone.
    This is all very 9 and not even close to 6.

MBTI
    INFP

To approach your type pattern it`s helpful to ask yourself what would happen if
    For example, what would happen if you would offend people?
    The enneagram isn`t so much about what you do but rather why you do it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

i've had to examine and re-examine enneagram definitions of 4s and 9s, too. i originally typed myself as a 9, but i think i'm actually a 4. i think i was raised to believe that 4's are silly, histrionic, selfish, not to be taken seriously. i thus concealed parts of myself from my parents (self-effacing sounds pretty 9, huh). i think i've always been insecure and a bit unsure of myself. acting like a 9 won me popularity when i wanted it, but i always wanted to be admired and liked for who i was, not how comfortable i made other people. i'm still pretty hesitant, and am a listening ear and crying shoulder in my circle of friends, but this comes out of being sensitive, which both 4 and 9 are supposed to be. i suppose being a 4 still sort of carries a stigma in my mind, because of how my parents (mother, especially) made them out to be. i also wonder if i'm "good enough" or "talented enough" to be a 4, if people perceive me as different in a positive light (much of my family thinks i'm an alien). i suppose a lot of this worry about living up to personal and societal expectations is 4ish as well..

and then there are wings. haven't investigated those too heavily, yet.

whew! you didn't have to hear all that. sorry if it's a bit incoherent, but mind and fingers are operating at slightly differing speeds..
    "Develop interest in life as you see it...the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls and interesting people. Forget yourself." -- H. Miller
    -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    Johari the good..
    Nohari.. the bad, and the ugly

I'm a FiNe SiTe to see!