User Tag List

heart on fire

Default Type this person please

Please type an ancestor of mine:

He was a daydreamer as a child, created stories to entertain his family. Interested in religion, philosophy, art, literature, history, economics.

As teenager, deep hurt over not being able to satisfy the expectations of those closest to him made him deeply cynical about life and people.

As an adult he was stubborn, quiet, laconic, could be a bit of a slob and was lazy when he could be but he always fulfilled the expectations that mattered most especially since he worked in a family business and the people he cared about most relied on his doing his job right.

Loyalty to family and a disgust for their dysfunctions created conflicts in his mind that kept him in mental limbo over whether to keep working for the family business or strike out on his own for most of his early adult years.

He was always sure he could make more logical, better decisions than those around him but no one respected him enough to listen, even people who relied and benefited heavily on his good judgment.

He allowed sentiment for one particular person who was very important to him, prevent him from being ruthless in business when it would have been to his advantage and to others. He was angry at himself over this and evidentually made a sudden and bold decision to push sentiment aside and do as his own inner guidence told him to.

At mid life he woke up and started taking life by horns. People around him were stunned. He believed in his own inspirations no matter what and prevailed where others failed. He provoked much bitterness and jealousy in some and others developed new respect for him.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I would say INFP.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    I

Definitely INFJ.

heart on fire

^ I am not so sure on the Fe. People described him as being "terse" and "rude" and unsmiling.

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    ^ I am not so sure on the Fe. People described him as being "terse" and "rude" and unsmiling.
    Oh in that case, I would say xNFP.