• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type my parents

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Okay, so you guys have done the annoying task of typing me (which I will likely change in the future ;)), so now it's time to see how you analyze my parents!

Father-
He's very handy around the house. He fixes sinks, toilets, attempts to fix our cars, etc. I've never seen him cry and he doesn't seem like the emotional type to me. He appears to bottle up his emotions until they explode. If he's angry, he is either very quiet and cleaning the house (helps him calm down?) or yelling at everyone. I think he has a very traditional view of how men and women should act. He usually jokes around by teasing someone. Something he's really interested in is guitars. Sometimes he'll just sit there playing it for hours. He also plays the piano a little, although he has never had formal lessons for either. He is a pack rat, much like his own father. He doesn't like to be told what to do and believes that his way is best, unless proven otherwise. I never liked asking him for homework help because if you ask him a simple question, he will give you a complicated one that often doesn't answer the original question. So I guess he likes to explain things. He talks all the time and it's usually complaints about people at work or whatever. Sometimes I think he talks too much. But in public, he's really not that talkative. He talks more around people he knows better.

I'm thinking I_T_. I almost want to say ISTJ, but I don't really think we have the same personality.

Mother-
Hum... where do I start? She is very sociable, but often needs time alone after a party or a lot of socializing, so she's definitely introverted. She loves children. Adults, she can tire of, but give her a baby to hold and she'll want to hold it forever. Her love of children is part of what I think makes her the best mom ever. :D She also likes taking care of elderly people. She's never really made any rules in the household. Things run smoothly with mutual respect. We've also never had a specific time for dinner, as I know many families do. We always eat whenever my mom decided to cook or whenever we went to a restaurant. She has little patience for long explanations and people who talk to much. She's never been materialistic, but she'd love a big home. Something she likes to do is go online and look at all of the big houses for sale in Florida. I know she'd really love to live in one of those.

I can give more information if you need it. :)

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
Sorry to hear about the annoying you part. As soon as I read up on your dad I would definitely say ISTJ

Your mom seems ISFx, I can't say the last part for the unset house routine. As I am like that also. Guess it depends on if she likes to make goals and lists, also if she finds more satisfaction in finishing things than in starting them. Sometimes I also tend to not finish things if I don't have the time or have mastered the know how. So it is just a preference and not in actual doing.

Now tell me who is annoying you and I will bop them on the head?

/DG/

No, I meant that I was being annoying. :alttongue:

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
Well, I am against bopping you on the head. Your just too sweet.

/DG/

Your mom seems ISFx, I can't say the last part for the unset house routine. As I am like that also. Guess it depends on if she likes to make goals and lists, also if she finds more satisfaction in finishing things than in starting them. Sometimes I also tend to not finish things if I don't have the time or have mastered the know how. So it is just a preference and not in actual doing.
I'm really not sure what she prefers to do. Her Fe makes me want to say ISFJ, but she is not at all organized or neat. But none of the J's in my family are organized or neat. Heh. She also has great appreciation for aesthetic beauty like trees in the fall, fireworks, houses, etc. That's Se working, right?

Well, I am against bopping you on the head. Your just too sweet.
I don't mind a good bop. :tongue:

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISTJ and ISFJ, Your mother sounds just like mine, who I had a hard time typing as an ESFJ (I was pretty sure of E and F). Your dad's traditionality and cleaning tendency suggest SJ, the T is kind of because of the lack of F, and the I is supported by the lack of F (and just about a given).

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Would you mind explaining how you came to those conclusions? Just curious. :)

Yeah, I thought I posted a reply yesterday but I guess I typed it out but didn't post it. Anyway:

Your father:
- handy around the house, fixing appliances and things : ISTP-like.
- never seen him cry and he doesn't seem like the emotional type to me : T.
- I think he has a very traditional view of how men and women should act : ISTJ-like.
- In public, he's really not that talkative. He talks more around people he knows better. : Introvert.

So we have ISTP and ISTJ qualities.

Your mother:
- She is very sociable, but often needs time alone after a party or a lot of socializing, so she's definitely introverted : Introvert.
- She loves children. Adults, she can tire of, but give her a baby to hold and she'll want to hold it forever : F.
- She also likes taking care of elderly people. : F.
- She's never really made any rules in the household. Things run smoothly with mutual respect. We've also never had a specific time for dinner, as I know many families do. We always eat whenever my mom decided to cook or whenever we went to a restaurant. : P.

So I got I, F, and P. She doesn't sound INFP to me, so I would say ISFP.

/DG/

Cool. Just wanted to see your thought process. :)