Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Your typing skills are marvellous mon coeur
    Merci, monsieur. Je pense...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    I consistently test ISTJ, trying to be as honest as I can on any given test (including one like 10 minutes ago). I've tested a dozen times and it's always ISTJ.

*I dislike conformity. It bothers me.
    *I hate stupid rules
    *I'm irritated by people who follow and enforce stupid rules and that think everyone should be/act a certain way
    *I can be pretty lazy and un-dutiful. If I can't see a direct, positive result in completing a given task, I probably won't do it or I'll slack at it - meaning, I don't preoccupy myself with work and busyness just for the sake of being busy.
    *I'm not a clean-freak... But I'm not a pig.
    *I'm not overly concerned about upholding traditions or at least to the 'T', in fact, a lot of the time, I think it's a little cheesy.
    *I don't use spreadsheets, or a day-timer, or really notes at all for that matter.

What am I? Just a fucked up ISTJ?
    Maybe you're not an ISTJ after all. When you first came here, you thought you were INFJ, and I told you that you probably weren't. Maybe you didn't have to go all the way to ISTJ... should have just stopped at INTJ?

Anyway... I agree with most of what you said, though I'm obviously not an SJ. Only ones I disagree with are the bolded ones. For instance, I don't dislike conformity unless it's pushed on people in some way. Otherwise, it's just one choice out of several valid ones.

Also, I'll do any task I don't have a serious moral problem with, given to me by someone above me, even if it doesn't make much sense to me. Though I don't usually go around looking for something to keep me busy if it isn't assigned to me, and will relax at that point.

I occasionally use spreadsheets when working out something like paying bills or putting together a project that costs money, but not that often. I tried taking notes, but usually the act of writing them down helped more than going over them later, and I usually had a good enough memory that the notes weren't needed anyway.

I don't use day planners, but then again, I've never had enough on my plate in a single week or month to actually justify bothering with that level of organization. My life has been simple enough that I haven't had to worry about it.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Judging from your buddydom I would give you the istj tag aswell beat. Thats what I know personally about them, besides any in-detail analysis by super-psychologists (no, I didnt mean you Aethian, I never )
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

SJs obsessing over conformity is such a myth.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Maybe you're not an ISTJ after all. When you first came here, you thought you were INFJ, and I told you that you probably weren't. Maybe you didn't have to go all the way to ISTJ... should have just stopped at INTJ?
    I never thought I was INFJ, nor INTJ. I've been here as an ISTJ from the get-go. Maybe you have me confused with someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    SJs obsessing over conformity is such a myth.
    Word up.

Entropie - Dude, I want to go out drinking with you someday. Maybe we can catch a ship and hunt Sea monsters too...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I never thought I was INFJ, nor INTJ. I've been here as an ISTJ from the get-go. Maybe you have me confused with someone else?
    No...

Me first post. I'm from the bay area, CA but am living in NC now because I'm in the military. I'm a male and I'll be 21 in several weeks.

According to the little test here: MBTI Personality Test: Understanding Your MBTI or Myers Briggs Personality Type... I'm a INFJ, and reading a few descriptions for that type it seems to be true. Are there any better/more accurate online tests I can take?

But anyways,
    Did you write that post? Or did the user account change hands at some point after the introduction was written?

What ever happened to SJs having good memories, anyway? It seems like I have to remind them of stuff half the time.

your resident asshole

Haha. Perhaps he could be INTJ then. However, I think many ISTJ's can relate to the OP.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    No...

Did you write that post? Or did the user account change hands at some point after the introduction was written?

What ever happened to SJs having good memories, anyway? It seems like I have to remind them of stuff half the time.
    Oh my goodness, touche. Even seeing that, I have no recollection of making that, or ever having tested INFJ at any point. I'm actually confused right now... What's with the hostile undertones I'm sensing though, Athenian? Am I doing something wrong in my probing of this?

Can you link me to the thread where you took that quote from, please? Looking at the link in that quote, it's one of those read the descriptions and choose your letter type deals. Aren't we SJs notorious for lacking self-awareness? Maybe that's how I botched that one up so badly in the beginning...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I think most ISTJ's wouldn't agree with stupid rules. Or think they are conforming to things or doing things because they have to.

your resident asshole

Can you link me to the thread where you took that quote from, please?
    Here: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...html#post64638