• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

This is it... ISFP or ISTJ

Which one?

• uncreative ISFP

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • disorganized ISTJ

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • pick this if you haven't showered :o

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Okay guys. Some people think I'm an SJ, some people think I'm an SP. It all comes down to this. A poll! All you have to do is simply vote for which you think best fits me. Here's something I wrote about myself on a different forum. To see what they thought of me there. I don't know if it'll help you guys out or not.

I guess I'll start with E vs. I...
On online tests I usually come out as being an introvert, but I started to wonder if that was actually true. I love being around people (except the ones I hate :/), but most social situations make me very uncomfortable. The key question that people ask me about this is if social activity drains or energizes me. Well, it most certainly does energize me if it's with the right people and I am being included in the interaction, which is very rare. I do not like being the center of attention and do not mind spending time alone. I never initiate conversations to those I do not know and those I do not know well, which is why I have few friends (if you'd really consider my friends to be my friends). I am also a very reserved person and I almost never share my personal problems with people. So I go online and talk to people on various forums or I talk to my family.

S vs. N:
I rarely come up as an intuitive on tests. I don't think I'll ever completely understand it. This is the only dichotomy that I'm sure of. I am a sensor.

T vs. F:
Another hard one. I believe I use Fi a lot, but I don't think I have before adolescence. I hate it when people share there emotions with me. It's not that I don't want to comfort them, it's just that I don't know how to respond. I feel extremely awkward hugging someone that I'm not blood related to. I'll listen if someone opens up to me and shares their problems, but I probably make them feel stupid afterwards. I don't really respond in a caring kind of way, even thought I want to. I'm also not a very mushy kind of person and I don't like it when other people are too sensitive. I just like to have fun. I can't really think of any thinking strengths I have. I guess I'm good at math and I like doing logic problems... do those count?

J vs. P:
Ooh boy. Here we go. When I was younger, I was never organized and I was very messy. At school, my teachers would frown at the sight of my desk. It would always look like a tornado ran through it. But at least it wasn't as bad as some kids who had old food in their desks or the ones who couldn't even close their desks. School has forced me to be organized... at least... in work habits. My bedroom that I'm sitting in right now has piles of old school papers, hangars, plastic bags, clothes, and other junk piled on top of each other. (I really should take care of that... sometime.) Now, I know that organization is only part of this. I like closure. I like some things to be planned. I like it when I know what is going to happen, but at the same time, I like to be spontaneous. I like to wake up one morning, get in the car, and go some place random. One thing is for sure, I don't like just sitting around doing nothing all day (unless I'm sick or really tired). But I don't know if I like my life to be planned or if I like it to be spontaneous. They both have great options. One thing I've noticed with this is that J types seem to think that I am a judger and P types seem to think that I'm a perceiver. I've never seen it a different way before.

Um there ya go... I think...

K... go 'head 'n' vote.

*edit* Oh, I'm a RLUEN on the SLOAN test, type 6 on an Enneagram test, a Phlegmatic Melancholy on the four temperaments test, a Supine Phleg/Mel on the five temperaments test, and I scored very low on the ridiculous Empathy Quotient and Emotional Intelligence tests.

Maxwell22290

MBTI Type
ISFP
I'd say you're definitely IS, which you seem to already know. I'm an ISFP, so I'm using myself as a basis of comparison and your paragraph on Feeling Vs. Thinking does not sound like me at all so I'd say probably T. As for J vs. P I have no idea. But given your options I'll go with ISTJ.

/DG/

I'd say you're definitely IS, which you seem to already know. I'm an ISFP, so I'm using myself as a basis of comparison and your paragraph on Feeling Vs. Thinking does not sound like me at all so I'd say probably T. As for J vs. P I have no idea. But given your options I'll go with ISTJ.

I don't think I've gotten type opinions from an ISFP before. Thanks.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
You mention your use of Fi and (indirectly) your lack of use of Fe, but what about the other functions, especially Se vs. Si?

Also, which of the satirical type prayers fits you better (i.e. nails a weakness of yours)?

ISTJ: Lord, help me to relax about insignificant details beginning tomorrow at 11:41.23 a.m. EST.

(...)

ISFP: Lord, help me to stand up for my rights (if you don't mind my asking).

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
You sound like an ISTJ. Because of culture, F is encouraged in females. (which is probably why you think you have a decent F) Generally, people develop their J side more as they age. Since you're still rather young, I wouldn't necessarily call your organizational patterns P.

/DG/

You mention your use of Fi and (indirectly) your lack of use of Fe, but what about the other functions, especially Se vs. Si?

Also, which of the satirical type prayers fits you better (i.e. nails a weakness of yours)?
Neither. I don't have a problem standing up for my rights when I need to and I don't worry about insignificant details. I do worry a lot, but it's worry of what others think of my when I'm in public around people that know me.

As for Si vs. Se? I'm not really sure which one I use more.

You sound like an ISTJ. Because of culture, F is encouraged in females. (which is probably why you think you have a decent F) Generally, people develop their J side more as they age. Since you're still rather young, I wouldn't necessarily call your organizational patterns P.
Well my Fe is terrible, but I think my Fi is decent. You're probably right about me not developing my J side enough yet. But you can't really tell now unless you have a time machine. :alttongue:

*edit* I think I was more of an ESTP when I was in elementary school. :/

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
From your description, it sounds a lot like me. ISTJ.

/DG/

It's interesting because with each forum I go to, they all interpret me differently. Over here I am ISTJ. Elsewhere, people think I am ENFP o_O, ISTP, and ISTP. Maybe I am inconsistent in describing myself. =/

/DG/

Hehe. Apparently I am an intuitive-tard.

Si - 21
Fi - 21
Se - 21
Fe - 18
Ti - 17
Te - 14
Ni - 14
Ne - 14

Intuition is always last for me on tests. =/ This test is inaccurate, but I just thought I'd share. :cheese:

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Hehe. Apparently I am an intuitive-tard.

Si - 21
Fi - 21
Se - 21
Fe - 18
Ti - 17
Te - 14
Ni - 14
Ne - 14

Intuition is always last for me on tests. =/ This test is inaccurate, but I just thought I'd share. :cheese:

Hmm... based on that I would even say you may be ISFJ. I would say since your T is pretty low, that you should narrow it down between ISFJ and ISFP.

/DG/

Nahh. That test shows inaccurate usage of my T, but it does show how close some of my functions are. That was the MMDI test. I only like it because it's in a format I understand. On most function tests I always find myself thinking, "Well, it depends on the situation that I'm in." On that test, I like that I understand it and can answer the questions.

And there's no way I'm an ISFJ. I do not use Fe that often and I dislike using it.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Haha alright. I gotta say that's a strange order of functions.

/DG/

Haha yeah. Do you know of any tests fitting the description I'm talking about? An accurate test that is easy to answer, but not obvious? Sounds like I have a tall order. :tongue:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And there's no way I'm an ISFJ. I do not use Fe that often and I dislike using it.

I am SO with you there. My Fe is pathetic because I don't really value it. Lol.

picture.php

But anyways on topic I'd just say you're an ISFP. You have Fi and Si at the top, then with Se coming close along. Your Te isn't that great according to this, but then again you were talking about the contexts of the questions for that. Your lack of Te and Ni should be natural for you at the age you're at, since your cognitive development of Ni and Te wouldn't happen until later in life.

I have known two girls since I was pretty young, they are sisters. We're very close. One is an iSTJ (very moderate I) and the other is an eSTJ (very moderate E). They are pretty similar, and you don't remind me of them. Maybe you can see how you relate to my description of the ISTJ-

ISTJ- In the time that I've known her I've known one thing for certain- she's very very bossy. Pretty demanding. She's crazy organized, when she gets stressed she will clean her room (it somehow helps the stress... that's an alien concept to me lol). She has the most insane memory, it's totally unreal to me how well she can remember EVERYTHING about a person and a situation. When she's doing work she totally zones out and doesn't care about anything else, for instance I was picking her up from her work so we could hang out and she said "Hi" to me and then totally ignored me the rest of the time until she finished about 30 minutes later. If I tried to talk to her she would say something like "hold on I'm vacuuming" or "hold on I have to clean the bathrooms" etc. She's very efficient too (at everything, not just her work). She isn't lazy when she has duties. Not at all. Her duties usually come first in her life, to her parents, to school etc.

But aside from all of this she is very devoted to her close friends... as if she makes her friends a "duty" for her to serve and fulfill. She doesn't usually offer sympathy, but offers solutions to your problems typically (unless it's something that's hurt one of her friends, then yeah she will offer sympathy by asking questions to get details about the situation). She is very very emotional, but doesn't let anyone know until you get closer to her (it's not obvious at all, I can't even read her). She's also fun loving, and when she's with friends she can get silly, make degrading jokes, etc. She always seems to have an action plan, something she'd like to do (hence "demanding"). "We should get an iced coffee" and if you don't then she will complain and ask you why until you go to get one or until you present a good reason to not. Lol.

/DG/

I am SO with you there. My Fe is pathetic because I don't really value it. Lol.
Well, I will admit, Fe is the reason that I don't slap annoying people. :cheese:

But anyways on topic I'd just say you're an ISFP. You have Fi and Si at the top, then with Se coming close along. Your Te isn't that great according to this, but then again you were talking about the contexts of the questions for that. Your lack of Te and Ni should be natural for you at the age you're at, since your cognitive development of Ni and Te wouldn't happen until later in life.
Hmm, I've never heard that before.

ISTJ- In the time that I've known her I've known one thing for certain- she's very very bossy. Pretty demanding. She's crazy organized.
I would say bossy and demanding would be that of an ESTJ or a confident ISTJ. I am not confident. :/ I try to be organized in my work habits, but sometimes I slip. I am not organized otherwise, which is (I think) typical of my age.

when she gets stressed she will clean her room (it somehow helps the stress... that's an alien concept to me lol).
That is SO weird. My dad does the EXACT same thing. I've been wondering whether or not he was ISTP, ISTJ, or even a possible IN__.

She has the most insane memory, it's totally unreal to me how well she can remember EVERYTHING about a person and a situation.
Ehh... I suppose I can remember things pretty well, but if I have to remember a bunch of things, I'll forget them.

When she's doing work she totally zones out and doesn't care about anything else....
Now this sounds like my brother. He's unable to multi-task with anything. :alttongue: He's an ESFJ, though, so I don't know if that really relates to type. Possibly an SJ thing.

She's very efficient too (at everything, not just her work). She isn't lazy when she has duties. Not at all. Her duties usually come first in her life, to her parents, to school etc.
I'm actually pretty lazy, but I don't think it relates to my type.

But aside from all of this she is very devoted to her close friends... as if she makes her friends a "duty" for her to serve and fulfill.
Haha! ISTJ - the duty fulfillers.

She doesn't usually offer sympathy, but offers solutions to your problems typically (unless it's something that's hurt one of her friends, then yeah she will offer sympathy by asking questions to get details about the situation).
I used to do this with my friends, but I don't any more. It gets a little too awkward for me.

She is very very emotional, but doesn't let anyone know until you get closer to her (it's not obvious at all, I can't even read her). She's also fun loving, and when she's with friends she can get silly, make degrading jokes, etc.
Heh. Sounds like me. Except I don't think anyone is close enough to me to know.

She always seems to have an action plan, something she'd like to do (hence "demanding"). "We should get an iced coffee" and if you don't then she will complain and ask you why until you go to get one or until you present a good reason to not. Lol.
Mmm... I can be like that sometimes. Most of the time I just want to do SOMETHING to get out of the house. I like doing things, having experiences, and all that stuff.

It doesn't sound a whole lot like me, but everyone is different. I met an ISFP online and they said that I don't really seem like an ISFP. Also... don't ISFP's typically like fashion? I was never into that sort of thing. And I've also heard that ISFP's like to stand out and be independent. I just want to fit in and have friends. I thought ISTJ vs. ISFP would be more simpler than it's turning into. :/

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It doesn't sound a whole lot like me, but everyone is different. I met an ISFP online and they said that I don't really seem like an ISFP. Also... don't ISFP's typically like fashion? I was never into that sort of thing. And I've also heard that ISFP's like to stand out and be independent. I just want to fit in and have friends. I thought ISTJ vs. ISFP would be more simpler than it's turning into. :/

Not all ISFPs care about fashion. Not really a type trait.

As for that other ISFP they were probably misinformed... Type can get pretty deep. I don't relate to many of the INFPs on here, not at all. But I still function like one.

Things to consider-

Enneagram- Your enneagram type can make you different from people of your type. Enneagram deals with motivations. Enneagram deals with motivations and such. I can't relate to enneagram 4 INFPs, myself being a 9w8. When I read their posts I'm like :huh:. You should also read into the instinctual variants. Here is a good site for the instincts- How the Enneagram Personality System Works and here is a site with some of the most simple type descriptions yet best ones I've seen- Type 6 Enneagram Type Description |9types.com I linked the 6 for you to start. People often get confused over their type because their enneagram isn't typical of their type, their motivations aren't typical for the type as a result. Keep in mind it's about motivations, MBTI is the tool, enneagram is how it's used.

Posts- Consider ISFP posts and ISTJ posts. Who do you relate to more?

/DG/

Thanks. I think I'll read up on those. I really don't know what my Enneagram type is. I said type 6 because I took one enneagram test and that's what I came up with. I took one on similarminds just now and it said I was a 5w4. I think I'd do better reading the descriptions to figure out my Enneagram type. I'll post back later after I read more about them. Thanks for the links.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Wait till you are older to decide?