1 11.11%
  • disorganized ISTJ

4 44.44%
  • pick this if you haven't showered :o

4 44.44%
123 Last

your resident asshole

Default This is it... ISFP or ISTJ

Okay guys. Some people think I'm an SJ, some people think I'm an SP. It all comes down to this. A poll! All you have to do is simply vote for which you think best fits me. Here's something I wrote about myself on a different forum. To see what they thought of me there. I don't know if it'll help you guys out or not.

I guess I'll start with E vs. I...
    On online tests I usually come out as being an introvert, but I started to wonder if that was actually true. I love being around people (except the ones I hate :/), but most social situations make me very uncomfortable. The key question that people ask me about this is if social activity drains or energizes me. Well, it most certainly does energize me if it's with the right people and I am being included in the interaction, which is very rare. I do not like being the center of attention and do not mind spending time alone. I never initiate conversations to those I do not know and those I do not know well, which is why I have few friends (if you'd really consider my friends to be my friends). I am also a very reserved person and I almost never share my personal problems with people. So I go online and talk to people on various forums or I talk to my family.

S vs. N:
    I rarely come up as an intuitive on tests. I don't think I'll ever completely understand it. This is the only dichotomy that I'm sure of. I am a sensor.

T vs. F:
    Another hard one. I believe I use Fi a lot, but I don't think I have before adolescence. I hate it when people share there emotions with me. It's not that I don't want to comfort them, it's just that I don't know how to respond. I feel extremely awkward hugging someone that I'm not blood related to. I'll listen if someone opens up to me and shares their problems, but I probably make them feel stupid afterwards. I don't really respond in a caring kind of way, even thought I want to. I'm also not a very mushy kind of person and I don't like it when other people are too sensitive. I just like to have fun. I can't really think of any thinking strengths I have. I guess I'm good at math and I like doing logic problems... do those count?

J vs. P:
    Ooh boy. Here we go. When I was younger, I was never organized and I was very messy. At school, my teachers would frown at the sight of my desk. It would always look like a tornado ran through it. But at least it wasn't as bad as some kids who had old food in their desks or the ones who couldn't even close their desks. School has forced me to be organized... at least... in work habits. My bedroom that I'm sitting in right now has piles of old school papers, hangars, plastic bags, clothes, and other junk piled on top of each other. (I really should take care of that... sometime.) Now, I know that organization is only part of this. I like closure. I like some things to be planned. I like it when I know what is going to happen, but at the same time, I like to be spontaneous. I like to wake up one morning, get in the car, and go some place random. One thing is for sure, I don't like just sitting around doing nothing all day (unless I'm sick or really tired). But I don't know if I like my life to be planned or if I like it to be spontaneous. They both have great options. One thing I've noticed with this is that J types seem to think that I am a judger and P types seem to think that I'm a perceiver. I've never seen it a different way before.

Um there ya go... I think...
    K... go 'head 'n' vote.

*edit* Oh, I'm a RLUEN on the SLOAN test, type 6 on an Enneagram test, a Phlegmatic Melancholy on the four temperaments test, a Supine Phleg/Mel on the five temperaments test, and I scored very low on the ridiculous Empathy Quotient and Emotional Intelligence tests.

MBTI
    ISFP

I'd say you're definitely IS, which you seem to already know. I'm an ISFP, so I'm using myself as a basis of comparison and your paragraph on Feeling Vs. Thinking does not sound like me at all so I'd say probably T. As for J vs. P I have no idea. But given your options I'll go with ISTJ.
    ~Erinn

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell22290 View Post
    I'd say you're definitely IS, which you seem to already know. I'm an ISFP, so I'm using myself as a basis of comparison and your paragraph on Feeling Vs. Thinking does not sound like me at all so I'd say probably T. As for J vs. P I have no idea. But given your options I'll go with ISTJ.
    I don't think I've gotten type opinions from an ISFP before. Thanks.

MBTI
    INTJ

You mention your use of Fi and (indirectly) your lack of use of Fe, but what about the other functions, especially Se vs. Si?

Also, which of the satirical type prayers fits you better (i.e. nails a weakness of yours)?

ISTJ: Lord, help me to relax about insignificant details beginning tomorrow at 11:41.23 a.m. EST.

(...)

ISFP: Lord, help me to stand up for my rights (if you don't mind my asking).

MBTI
    xxxx

You sound like an ISTJ. Because of culture, F is encouraged in females. (which is probably why you think you have a decent F) Generally, people develop their J side more as they age. Since you're still rather young, I wouldn't necessarily call your organizational patterns P.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    ISFP

You're welcome.
    ~Erinn

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    You mention your use of Fi and (indirectly) your lack of use of Fe, but what about the other functions, especially Se vs. Si?

Also, which of the satirical type prayers fits you better (i.e. nails a weakness of yours)?
    Neither. I don't have a problem standing up for my rights when I need to and I don't worry about insignificant details. I do worry a lot, but it's worry of what others think of my when I'm in public around people that know me.

As for Si vs. Se? I'm not really sure which one I use more.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    You sound like an ISTJ. Because of culture, F is encouraged in females. (which is probably why you think you have a decent F) Generally, people develop their J side more as they age. Since you're still rather young, I wouldn't necessarily call your organizational patterns P.
    Well my Fe is terrible, but I think my Fi is decent. You're probably right about me not developing my J side enough yet. But you can't really tell now unless you have a time machine.

*edit* I think I was more of an ESTP when I was in elementary school. :/

MBTI
    I

From your description, it sounds a lot like me. ISTJ.

your resident asshole

It's interesting because with each forum I go to, they all interpret me differently. Over here I am ISTJ. Elsewhere, people think I am ENFP o.O, ISTP, and ISTP. Maybe I am inconsistent in describing myself. =/

your resident asshole

Hehe. Apparently I am an intuitive-tard.

Si - 21
    Fi - 21
    Se - 21
    Fe - 18
    Ti - 17
    Te - 14
    Ni - 14
    Ne - 14

Intuition is always last for me on tests. =/ This test is inaccurate, but I just thought I'd share.