• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I an ENTP or an ENFP?

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
ENTP, duh. I could have told you that!

Classic one, in fact. I see a fair amount of Fe in your posts, which is non-existent in ENFP women's posts. Having feelings and compassion doesn't make you F...just human.

I like you.

:wubbie:

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
i listen to only those i respect or value the opinions of too....which could possibly be more people than an entp person?? i have no idea...maybe our grading system is different?? idk.

I don't respect many people, but I'm civil to almost everyone.

I listen to everyone's opinion, because people aren't always wrong just because they're often wrong and they aren't always right just because they're often right. I pick and choose what seems valid.

If someone has a habit of saying useful things, I do give their opinion extra weight.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENTP. Overwhelmingly so.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
What makes you sure you're an F? What's the biggest sign?

"Live and let live". My values. "I'll never do that...it's a matter of principle." Often about not stepping on anyone's toes when unwarranted by my conscience and also, always defending my convictions over right or wrong without fear of the consequences. Empathy too. Putting myself in other people's shoes and realizing how I would feel/react if the same thing happened to me.

I don't know if that is a good explanation but that's what I got right now :p

sy's fi is way noticable...and imo very cool. :smile:

Why thanks. Cup of tea? :)

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This looks like more of a consensus than an argument, I would concede that you seem very ENTP, but that's not quite enough, I think you need some kind of proof, all you've really said is that you don't know and that you do seem like an ENTP... that doesn't mean much, and you'll probably question your type again and again until you find something more solid to base it on. I might have a look at your other what's my type threads and grab some info from them... *walks away muttering like a mad man*

PS: *has a top hat on*

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
This looks like more of a consensus than an argument, I would concede that you seem very ENTP, but that's not quite enough, I think you need some kind of proof, all you've really said is that you don't know and that you do seem like an ENTP... that doesn't mean much, and you'll probably question your type again and again until you find something more solid to base it on. I might have a look at your other what's my type threads and grab some info from them... *walks away muttering like a mad man*

PS: *has a top hat on*

You're right. Now I'm confused again. Am I actually an ENFP? :doh: How do I know for sure? Maybe I have Fi and don't know it!

PS: *stealing top hat*

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
You're certainly Ne but that doesn't probably help you much. :laugh:

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
screw the types...what sealed it for me was looking at temperaments...NT vs NF

sometime actions for both look the same but motivations behind the actions are VERY different

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You're right. Now I'm confused again. Am I actually an ENFP? :doh: How do I know for sure? Maybe I have Fi and don't know it!

PS: *stealing top hat*

This is what I put in someone else's type me thread:

I've tackled this one before, I thought I was an F until I realized what it really means to be an F. After you've done something (almost anything), in that split moment after, what are you thinking about? -hang on, introverts think and then act - Well, scan your thoughts just before you go to action. If you consider how you feel about whatever it is you're facing, then you're an F. If you try to figure out how it works or functions, you're a T. The auxillary Ne then comes in and relates the data you've taken in to either a system of beliefs, or a system of logic.

oh, and you need to assess what you think of first. If you have any sort of balance, you'll likely exibit some kind of F thoughts after you've gone through T (or vice verse).

Modify that for an Extrovert, what do you use to make decisions, what do you think right after you've acted? (after you've acted, you think about it, and then adjust your choice.)

Also, ENTPs can be nice people, it definitely isn't beyond them, they aren't assholes by nature or anything stupid like that (it's just that they can be). An ENFP will strive to be authentic, so do you ever find yourself considering that doing something like taking ecstasy for example, isn't who you are?

*pulls out detonator and presses the button* what a waste of a good hat...

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
This is what I put in someone else's type me thread:

Modify that for an Extrovert, what do you use to make decisions, what do you think right after you've acted? (after you've acted, you think about it, and then adjust your choice.)

Also, ENTPs can be nice people, it definitely isn't beyond them, they aren't assholes by nature or anything stupid like that (it's just that they can be). An ENFP will strive to be authentic, so do you ever find yourself considering that doing something like taking ecstasy for example, isn't who you are? ...

I act first, think second, so ... hmmm ... I think about consequences, probably. Like ... what will happen as a result of the action I just took?

Is that T or F?

But I keep reading stuff about ENFPs wanting things to be authentic. But I like that too. I don't want or need bullshit. Is the difference how we define bullshit?

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
And I'm not sure if I'm an ENTP or an ENFP. Previously, I wasn't sure if I was an INTJ or an ENTP. Everybody told me I'm an ENTP because the thread rapidly disintegrated into mayhem.

Dude, wtf???? such betrayal! et tu Brute?
(and we never cause mayhem!!! :steam:)

But to be fair, I think its a cultural thing thats happening here, I do absolutely not get along with the superficial nature of american ladies and therefore to be honest with you, you are entp.

American girls don't like you bitter, weicheier German boys either, so no love lost.

But I keep reading stuff about ENFPs wanting things to be authentic. But I like that too. I don't want or need bullshit. Is the difference how we define bullshit?

Give me a break, girl. Do you think that I don't want to be authentic or that I don't give a shit about people? I am always true to myself, no matter who I offend. I don't wish to offend people, but if I have to choose between truth and harmony, I will always pick the truth. But I try to make the truth as harmonious as possible, although it doesn't always appear to people how hard I try. Even my "nice" is harsher than most people's "mean" sometimes. They should really see my "mean" :whistling:... Either way, no one can be all brain and no heart, or vice versa.

Like Economica said, you probably have a higher Ne than Ti, and possibly a high Fe. But you still seem to use Ti more comfortably than Fi.

laughingebony

MBTI Type
INTP
According to Kiersey, the NF is motivated by self-actualiztion. The NF's ultimate goal is to discover his (gender neutral) self and be true to that self in everything he does. The NT is motivated by "power." Not power over people, necessarily, but rather a deep understanding of the universe (and everything in it) and the ability to utilize that understanding to produce a desired outcome.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I act first, think second, so ... hmmm ... I think about consequences, probably. Like ... what will happen as a result of the action I just took?

Is that T or F?

Consequences=> Possibilities => Ne. Which really isn't telling you anything you don't know (but is very interesting). What are you thinking after you've thought of the consequences? I think working out how you think doesn't quite come easy, you have to be aware of the thoughts, and analyze them objectively.

Alright, do you ever have moments in which you just suddenly decide that you shouldn't do something, like drink, because it is simply wrong?

stigmatica

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
ENTP, but you suck so much, I would rather type you enfp to get rid of you. But to be fair, I think its a cultural thing thats happening here, I do absolutely not get along with the superficial nature of american ladies and therefore to be honest with you, you are entp.

Your organisational abilities tend to leave room for much options and your feelings are pretty not much enlightened, yet

Me thinks you watch way too much TV

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Me thinks you watch way too much TV

Too much MTV, it seems. America is a vast country with so many different ethnicities and cultures. To lump all of us together like that is utterly foolish - or comical - you can never tell with the Germans. (and yes, I reserve the right to lump them together.)