• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Argh...ENTP or ENFP?

Synthetic Darkness

I'd hate to be one of those people who constantly whine about how their unsure about their type but whatever just bear with me.

When I first got into MBTI about a year ago I was tested as a lot of types ENTP, ENFP, INTP, ESTP and even ENTJ but I was pretty sure I was an ENTP based on the descriptions, now I started to get a few friends into the MBTI one of them is an INFJ and she likes to think of herself as the ultimate people reader *cue eyerolling here* she does read most people well but I mean come on 15 year olds aren't very complex, she seems utterly convinced that I'm more F than T and that I'm pretty balanced overall...but personally I don't think its so.

I'm very awkward when it does come to feelings, my relationships never last because my partners always end up complaining about my aloof-ness. I can be really cold and calculating but I hide that, I've realized that society would accept a much warmer person and so I show a much more pleasant demeanor.

I can be passionate about things, I was on the debating team in my school and on the first day we were put into two groups one group was the hot head debaters and the other group were the more calm, aloof debaters and I was put into the former.

When it comes to people...I do believe that I read people very...very well, I know which of my friends I can be more brutally honest too and I know which ones I'd have to sugarcoat things to (although, I do end up being brutally honest to those ones most of time regardless).

I do manipulate people a lot, it's not as if I have a moral conscience because I do, I just kind of ignore it some of the time. Once in the 7th grade I became disenchanted with a friend who wouldn't stop with the constant drama and fighting with the more popular cliques in my middle school, so I watched her on facebook, gathered which one of her "best friends" would be the first to turn on her and which ones would defend her no matter what, I kept every single MSN conversation we had and highlighted the ones where she trashed people and proceeded to created a fake facebook account in her name, the account was so believable that within 3 days the entire school was upset with her. Of course she knew it was a fake and so I needed to blame it on someone and who better than that popular girl she was fighting with just a few weeks prior? Now before I know it the two girls (neither of which I was fond of) got into such a huge fight that all the girls in our grade were forced to meet with the vice principal, and then I decided that the whole thing just needed to end, I told the vice principal some bullshit story about how I could track down the IP addresses and she let me go home early and track them down. Of course I couldn't do that so I went over to my old piczo website which does allow you to view the IP addresses of anyone who visited your site, so I take a few IPs from there, and shockingly they fit the internet providers that the girl (the one who was being framed) used, she used Bell for about half the year up until 2 days after the fake facebook account surfaced and then switched over to Rogers and so I used a IP address that used Bell and an IP address that used Rogers. The girl ended up with an in school suspension and I was happy with my revenge. Even to this day she still believes that she was framed by the popular girl.

So based on what I just wrote...do you think that I'm more F or T? And yes I realize that the whole 7th grade fiasco was very immature and ridiculous but hey I was a pissed off 12 year old, I just used it as an example of how intricate my plans were even at that age.

Last edited:

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
do manipulate people a lot, it's not as if I have a moral conscience because I do, I just kind of ignore it some of the time. Once in the 7th grade I became disenchanted with a friend who wouldn't stop with the constant drama and fighting with the more popular cliques in my middle school, so I watched her on facebook, gathered which one of her "best friends" would be the first to turn on her and which ones would defend her no matter what, I kept every single MSN conversation we had and highlighted the ones where she trashed people and proceeded to created a fake facebook account in her name, the account was so believable that within 3 days the entire school was upset with her. Of course she knew it was a fake and so I needed to blame it on someone and who better than that popular girl she was fighting with just a few weeks prior? Now before I know it the two girls (neither of which I was fond of) got into such a huge fight that all the girls in our grade were forced to meet with the vice principal, and then I decided that the whole thing just needed to end, I told the vice principal some bullshit story about how I could track down the IP addresses and she let me go home early and track them down. Of course I couldn't do that so I went over to my old piczo website which does allow you to view the IP addresses of anyone who visited your site, so I take a few IPs from there, and shockingly they fit the internet providers that the girl (the one who was being framed) used, she used Bell for about half the year up until 2 days after the fake facebook account surfaced and then switched over to Rogers and so I used a IP address that used Bell and an IP address that used Rogers. The girl ended up with an in school suspension and I was happy with my revenge. Even to this day she still believes that she was framed by the popular girl.

Wow. I don't think enfps are that evil, but that is just my opinion......

I think your t or F would be more evident as you matured.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I got ENTP from that, although I don't have a really good argument for it. Just about all the ENTPs seem to write like you just have when they make these type me threads too, they can't help but tell stories. I typed a rather obvious ENTP as some kind of F just a while ago, and realize how wrong that was, I think ENTPs just come across as feelers quite often, it probably has something to do with The Ti and Fe being where they are, and also being hidden somewhat by the dominant Ne.

Last edited:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No, you guys are just so damned expressive and like using grand statements with a lot of mimicry. Of course, so do we, but then we are genuinly F :alttongue:

Synthetic Darkness

Well thanks, I didn't mean to tell a story but I had no idea how to express myself properly. I really just needed this as proof for my friend :D so she would stop attempting to psychoanalyze me.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
hahah, try misguiding the hell out of her, start sharing things that aren't necessarily true and mixing them in with things that are true to make it seem more plausible. hmmm... I just realized there's no point in doing that... it's just really amusing :D. And stories are cool man, amuse us!!!

Synthetic Darkness

And thus stop questioning your type. ;)

But I'd also lose her friendship which I value a lot despite how much she annoys me :D

@hommefatal and onewithsoul

I'd say typing teenagers well at least immature ones almost always leads to you typing them as an E__P that's just my experience I've seen the kids I go to school with and no I will not say the majority of them were deep and complex but some of them could be I'm just saying the majority aren't.