User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: Type my pal!

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by KarenParker View Post
    He likes to play guitar and fix electrical equipment. He has worked the same job for 3 years as a drafter. He is quiet and shy but when he laughs it is the happiest laugh in the world and it's a real boost for your self esteem. Sometimes he can be grumpy. I think he bottles things up. In the past he has exploded at people. I'm not sure if he still does but he used to hold grudges against people. He's in a band and seems to have a lot of friends but he certainly isn't an energetic or overly talkative person.

Is that enough information?
    I read this and immediately think ISTP. He sounds like the classic ISTP to me.

MBTI
    I

ISFJ imo. But more information is needed.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    More information would be helpful, but I doubt that an ISFJ would act like that. The electrician thing seems like a clear sign of Ti/Se, although Si might be comfortable with it, it's more likely ISTP.
    5 3 9

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Holding grudges says Fi to me.
    That would be SO MUCH MORE FeSi/SiFe than any form of Fi.

+1
    Last edited by Dali; 07-05-2009 at 05:03 AM.

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    More information would be helpful, but I doubt that an ISFJ would act like that. The electrician thing seems like a clear sign of Ti/Se, although Si might be comfortable with it, it's more likely ISTP.
    ISTPs are not the only ones who can fix things, and if the decision was based off that, it's a wrong decision. The overall description sounds more ISFJ but like I said, there's not enough info.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mo View Post
    That would be SO MUCH MORE FeSi/SiFe than any form of Fi.
    I couldn't find blackcat's direct quote , but anyway, any introvert can hold a grudge, ISFJs are particularly known for it. The thing I don't see, is the Fe, but that could change upon new information.

ISTPs are not the only ones who can fix things, and if the decision was based off that, it's a wrong decision. The overall description sounds more ISFJ but like I said, there's not enough info.
    It's not about the ability to fix things, Its a preference for the tangible mechanical kind of things, most people have a pretty clear idea of what an electrician will be dealing with when they decide to become one, I'm willing to be that an Fe user would not find it appealing. Se has a preference for things that they can see and touch, for example, the guitar. If this person was an ISFJ, the information given would be very different. Where are you getting the ISFJ impression from? Is it the grudge holding? The OP is an ESFP, they are not the kind of type to hold grudges at all, that point may have stuck out very well.
    5 3 9

your resident asshole

Well, based off the information he sounds introverted. And like King-Of-Despair said, he seems like a big Se user. This would make him either ISFP or ISTP. I really don't see how he could be ISFJ.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ESFj

Wow, you guys are so awesome.

Ok, I just hung out with him yesterday. I'll try to give more information. I'm not really sure what would be helpful but I'll just throw out everything. So he's a self-described "workaholic" and has had the same job for 5 years. Not 3 as I previously said. He built himself a studio recently. He tells VERY clever jokes. Nothing really seems to bother him. He is constantly playing guitar. He doesn't start projects and never finish them. (So that screams J to me) had an IKEA coffee table and without telling me, he went in my room and built it (in like, 10 minutes!) and brought it out to me as a surprise! (What a great guy!) He's very interested in how musical equipment works technically. He's a major audiophile! He has a ridiculously large collection of audio equipment. My best friend who is an INFJ likes him and he is SO SWEET to her. Never demanding anything. Just enjoying her company. He often tells her to just relax and not think so hard about things. He took her on a romantic picnic for one of their dates and he brought all of these foods he remembered her liking when they were friends YEARS ago. He also has been sending her sweet text messages and for their second date he took her to a concert and she made him dinner. He got along extremely well with my ISFJ boyfriend. They bonded over a love of all things guitar and rock related. I know that ISFJs are very drawn to other SFJs so I thought maybe they got along so well because they're both ISFJs? I'm just not totally convinced he's ISFJ though. ISFJs have this temperament where they are constantly bending over backwards trying to accommodate to you and this guy doesn't have that anxiety ISFJs do about that sort of thing. But he is still really considerate. He seems really balanced and healthy these days. Not the angry quiet guy I seemed to remember.

Ok that's all I can think of but if someone gives me specifics they think would be important to finding out what type he is, I will be able to tell you. Just ask me.
    E - 79% I - 21%
    S - 53% N - 47%
    T - 32% F - 68%
    J - 32% P - 68%

ESFP

your resident asshole

He's a major audiophile!
    Haha! I just had to add that I love this word.

So you said that you remembered him being sort of unhealthy? Wanting to know how things work and a love of music makes me think ISTP, but a workaholic? I dunno, now I'm confused. Maybe he is really ESTJ (ISTP's shadow), but he doesn't sound very ESTJ from the description. :/

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Wow, you guys are so awesome.

Ok, I just hung out with him yesterday. I'll try to give more information. I'm not really sure what would be helpful but I'll just throw out everything. So he's a self-described "workaholic" and has had the same job for 5 years. Not 3 as I previously said. He built himself a studio recently. He tells VERY clever jokes. Nothing really seems to bother him. He is constantly playing guitar. He doesn't start projects and never finish them. (So that screams J to me) had an IKEA coffee table and without telling me, he went in my room and built it (in like, 10 minutes!) and brought it out to me as a surprise! (What a great guy!) He's very interested in how musical equipment works technically. He's a major audiophile! He has a ridiculously large collection of audio equipment. My best friend who is an INFJ likes him and he is SO SWEET to her. Never demanding anything. Just enjoying her company. He often tells her to just relax and not think so hard about things. He took her on a romantic picnic for one of their dates and he brought all of these foods he remembered her liking when they were friends YEARS ago. He also has been sending her sweet text messages and for their second date he took her to a concert and she made him dinner. He got along extremely well with my ISFJ boyfriend. They bonded over a love of all things guitar and rock related. I know that ISFJs are very drawn to other SFJs so I thought maybe they got along so well because they're both ISFJs? I'm just not totally convinced he's ISFJ though. ISFJs have this temperament where they are constantly bending over backwards trying to accommodate to you and this guy doesn't have that anxiety ISFJs do about that sort of thing. But he is still really considerate. He seems really balanced and healthy these days. Not the angry quiet guy I seemed to remember.

Ok that's all I can think of but if someone gives me specifics they think would be important to finding out what type he is, I will be able to tell you. Just ask me.
    ISFJ. That bolded part seems incredibly Si to me, and the caring for INFJ wimmin I've seen first hand. The workaholism fits ISFJ much better than it does ISTP. I could be wrong though, The clever jokes could hint at ISTP depending on what the jokes were like, and ISTPs are capable of being caring and considerate... but most probably not on that level.

I'm curious now, how did people decide ISFJ from the first lot of info?
    5 3 9