User Tag List

View Poll Results: Could I be xsFj?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, you are an isFj.

0 0%
  • Yes, you are an esFj.

2 11.76%
  • Damn it, I've told you once, I've told you a million times, you're eNFp!!!

12 70.59%
  • You're some other type.

1 5.88%
  • I don't really know.

2 11.76%
123 Last

Thread: ISFJ/ESFJ?

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Default ISFJ/ESFJ?

Okay, my husband mentioned the fact that HE thought I was more ISFJ or ESFJ. Someone else on the forum has thought this as well. Considering what you know about me (and of course, that's limited, sure - but some of you have interacted with me on Vent and such) do you think XsFj is possible?
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

In ventrilo we've discussed this. Your memory is really really bad (this not SJ). We talked about your Te growing as you matured, etc. We talked about many many things that justified you being ENFP. Yeah.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yeah, you're NF, and every time you question your type you just come across as more NF.

You show me an SFJ who has spent this much time pondering their personality type, and I'll show you they're not SFJ.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    xNFP

Yes, you're right...I remember (really, I'm not an ungrateful idiot or something!!!). It's just that when my husband and someone else said that, it got me thinking about the fact that I might not be objective or rational enough to observe myself correctly, you know? And if that's the case I might be misrepresenting myself to myself because I don't want to see something, and I would like to avoid that situation.

I mean you even said you thought you might be ISFP or something, even though we're all pretty sure you're N, right?

I just want to discover my real self, you know? And I want to be sure that I'm taking the right steps to achieve that goal. Thanks for your help.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Yeah, you're NF, and every time you question your type you just come across as more NF.

You show me an SFJ who has spent this much time pondering their personality type, and I'll show you they're not SFJ.
    Hahahaha! Oh man, I know I must be a royal PITA bread with all these questions and thoughts and "Oh, I could be this," and "This person said I could be that!"

Why can't I just be satisfied and get on with it??? LOL I just want to be so sure that I keep questioning everything, and I think that's bad sometimes!

Thanks for being so patient with me!

*interacts more with LL on Vent*

If you are still trying to figure this all out. Did they actually give reasoning behind their assessment, and what do you personally think of it?

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    *interacts more with LL on Vent*

If you are still trying to figure this all out. Did they actually give reasoning behind their assessment, and what do you personally think of it?
    Well, I was quite surprised, to be honest, but not negatively. I'm open to other points of view. Although some people get almost offended when someone insists they are SJ, I'm not. Actually some of the smartest people I know are SJs...definitely very bright, capable people who get far.

I think the reason people think I'm SFJ is because I work like 12 hours a day, and I take my work and commitments very seriously. Because I deal with a lot of people, I think that has strengthened my Fe more than it should be (although it does not always show online/on vent). I have a reputation for being very dependable and reliable and very perfectionistic, which gives people the impression that I am an SJ....My creative abilities work within a defined structure, which further makes this idea applicable.

In addition, my working space is often very orderly, and I don't/can't tolerate mess and disorder there for long periods of time.

When I study for exams and the like, I'm often a very hard worker who can retain large amounts of information, giving the impression that I am a strong Si user, I think. However, when I have to remember little everyday things, like where I put stuff or bring in this little thing or that little thing for a group, I forget. However, I can remember random things most people do not, giving the impression that I'm a brilliant Si user....

The fact that I have a combined supine/melancholy attitude gives people the idea that I'm not NF, I think....

Furthermore, I am often by myself or with my husband or small groups when I have spare time, which makes people think I am a loner or not very social, which couldn't be further from the truth. It's just that I have so little free time that I like to spend what I have with the people I care about the most or just have some time to myself to regroup.

No way you're a sensor. You're definitely an intuitive.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I'd stick with ENFP.

If you do have to change, you act more extraverted than introverted -- your presentation here on the forums is not introverted and is not typical ISFJ.

Just to note: There's a bias in western culture for women to develop SFJ or Enneagram Two behaviors. It's not uncommon for women to get confused about their type and mistake themselves as one of these.

I think the reason people think I'm SFJ is because I work like 12 hours a day, and I take my work and commitments very seriously. Because I deal with a lot of people, I think that has strengthened my Fe more than it should be (although it does not always show online/on vent). I have a reputation for being very dependable and reliable and very perfectionistic, which gives people the impression that I am an SJ....My creative abilities work within a defined structure, which further makes this idea applicable.

In addition, my working space is often very orderly, and I don't/can't tolerate mess and disorder there for long periods of time.

When I study for exams and the like, I'm often a very hard worker who can retain large amounts of information, giving the impression that I am a strong Si user, I think. However, when I have to remember little everyday things, like where I put stuff or bring in this little thing or that little thing for a group, I forget. However, I can remember random things most people do not, giving the impression that I'm a brilliant Si user....

The fact that I have a combined supine/melancholy attitude gives people the idea that I'm not NF, I think....
    Don't neglect the ability of xNFP to develop strong aspects of Te in regards to work they care about or goals they are pursuing. When I think of NFPs in their 30's or older, I see a lot of them becoming able to do this.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Hahahaha! Oh man, I know I must be a royal PITA bread with all these questions and thoughts and "Oh, I could be this," and "This person said I could be that!"

Why can't I just be satisfied and get on with it??? LOL I just want to be so sure that I keep questioning everything, and I think that's bad sometimes!

Thanks for being so patient with me!
    This is probably one of the most ENFP posts you've ever made, for what it's worth