• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ISFJ/ESFJ?

Could I be xsFj?

• Yes, you are an isFj.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, you are an esFj.

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Damn it, I've told you once, I've told you a million times, you're eNFp!!!

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • You're some other type.

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I don't really know.

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Okay, my husband mentioned the fact that HE thought I was more ISFJ or ESFJ. Someone else on the forum has thought this as well. Considering what you know about me (and of course, that's limited, sure - but some of you have interacted with me on Vent and such) do you think XsFj is possible?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In ventrilo we've discussed this. Your memory is really really bad (this not SJ). We talked about your Te growing as you matured, etc. We talked about many many things that justified you being ENFP. Yeah.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, you're NF, and every time you question your type you just come across as more NF. ;)

You show me an SFJ who has spent this much time pondering their personality type, and I'll show you they're not SFJ. :D

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, you're right...I remember (really, I'm not an ungrateful idiot or something!!!). It's just that when my husband and someone else said that, it got me thinking about the fact that I might not be objective or rational enough to observe myself correctly, you know? And if that's the case I might be misrepresenting myself to myself because I don't want to see something, and I would like to avoid that situation.

I mean you even said you thought you might be ISFP or something, even though we're all pretty sure you're N, right?

:hug: I just want to discover my real self, you know? And I want to be sure that I'm taking the right steps to achieve that goal. Thanks for your help.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, you're NF, and every time you question your type you just come across as more NF. ;)

You show me an SFJ who has spent this much time pondering their personality type, and I'll show you they're not SFJ. :D

Hahahaha! Oh man, I know I must be a royal PITA bread with all these questions and thoughts and "Oh, I could be this," and "This person said I could be that!"

Why can't I just be satisfied and get on with it??? LOL I just want to be so sure that I keep questioning everything, and I think that's bad sometimes!

Thanks for being so patient with me!

Snow Turtle

*interacts more with LL on Vent*

If you are still trying to figure this all out. Did they actually give reasoning behind their assessment, and what do you personally think of it?

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*interacts more with LL on Vent*

If you are still trying to figure this all out. Did they actually give reasoning behind their assessment, and what do you personally think of it?

Well, I was quite surprised, to be honest, but not negatively. I'm open to other points of view. Although some people get almost offended when someone insists they are SJ, I'm not. Actually some of the smartest people I know are SJs...definitely very bright, capable people who get far.

I think the reason people think I'm SFJ is because I work like 12 hours a day, and I take my work and commitments very seriously. Because I deal with a lot of people, I think that has strengthened my Fe more than it should be (although it does not always show online/on vent). I have a reputation for being very dependable and reliable and very perfectionistic, which gives people the impression that I am an SJ....My creative abilities work within a defined structure, which further makes this idea applicable.

In addition, my working space is often very orderly, and I don't/can't tolerate mess and disorder there for long periods of time.

When I study for exams and the like, I'm often a very hard worker who can retain large amounts of information, giving the impression that I am a strong Si user, I think. However, when I have to remember little everyday things, like where I put stuff or bring in this little thing or that little thing for a group, I forget. However, I can remember random things most people do not, giving the impression that I'm a brilliant Si user....

The fact that I have a combined supine/melancholy attitude gives people the idea that I'm not NF, I think....

Furthermore, I am often by myself or with my husband or small groups when I have spare time, which makes people think I am a loner or not very social, which couldn't be further from the truth. It's just that I have so little free time that I like to spend what I have with the people I care about the most or just have some time to myself to regroup.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd stick with ENFP.

If you do have to change, you act more extraverted than introverted -- your presentation here on the forums is not introverted and is not typical ISFJ.

Just to note: There's a bias in western culture for women to develop SFJ or Enneagram Two behaviors. It's not uncommon for women to get confused about their type and mistake themselves as one of these.

I think the reason people think I'm SFJ is because I work like 12 hours a day, and I take my work and commitments very seriously. Because I deal with a lot of people, I think that has strengthened my Fe more than it should be (although it does not always show online/on vent). I have a reputation for being very dependable and reliable and very perfectionistic, which gives people the impression that I am an SJ....My creative abilities work within a defined structure, which further makes this idea applicable.

In addition, my working space is often very orderly, and I don't/can't tolerate mess and disorder there for long periods of time.

When I study for exams and the like, I'm often a very hard worker who can retain large amounts of information, giving the impression that I am a strong Si user, I think. However, when I have to remember little everyday things, like where I put stuff or bring in this little thing or that little thing for a group, I forget. However, I can remember random things most people do not, giving the impression that I'm a brilliant Si user....

The fact that I have a combined supine/melancholy attitude gives people the idea that I'm not NF, I think....

Don't neglect the ability of xNFP to develop strong aspects of Te in regards to work they care about or goals they are pursuing. When I think of NFPs in their 30's or older, I see a lot of them becoming able to do this.

G

garbage

Hahahaha! Oh man, I know I must be a royal PITA bread with all these questions and thoughts and "Oh, I could be this," and "This person said I could be that!"

Why can't I just be satisfied and get on with it??? LOL I just want to be so sure that I keep questioning everything, and I think that's bad sometimes!

Thanks for being so patient with me!

This is probably one of the most ENFP posts you've ever made, for what it's worth

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No way you're a sensor. You're definitely an intuitive.

Interesting. What makes you think so, just out of curiosity?

I'd stick with ENFP.

If you do have to change, you act more extraverted than introverted -- your presentation here on the forums is not introverted and is not typical ISFJ.

Just to note: There's a bias in western culture for women to develop SFJ or Enneagram Two behaviors. It's not uncommon for women to get confused about their type and mistake themselves as one of these.

Don't neglect the ability of xNFP to develop strong aspects of Te in regards to work they care about or goals they are pursuing. When I think of NFPs in their 30's or older, I see a lot of them becoming able to do this.

Hmm, that could very well be - good point. Thanks Jennifer! :)

This is probably one of the most ENFP posts you've ever made, for what it's worth

Hmm, really? Would you mind telling me what the other posts sounded like? More SJ? Or SP or NT? Just curious...

G

garbage

Hmm, really? Would you mind telling me what the other posts sounded like? More SJ? Or SP or NT? Just curious...

Most of your posts, not just the ones in this thread, seem to sound like ones I'd make. Seriously. A lot of them have that analytical, introspective, and personal flavor to them. Kind of a "personal and feely but being analytical about it" vibe.

That's not to say that, because your one post sounded ENFP, that this one didn't sound ENFP as well.. just, that one post really struck me as a product of Ne/Fi.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
IF you are anything other than ENFP, my vote would go to ENFJ. :yes:

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That was me who was suggesting that, everyone, but from what others have pointed out, plus our own discussion on the profile space, she probably is more N, from pondering this stuff so much. The Five temperament system we were discussing doesn't directly cover S/N, so I often forget or don't really pay attention to it in typing people, focusing primarily on the similar "S/N blind" Interaction Styles. (I've insisted Stevie Wonder was S, and now I'm starting to realize almost like "what was I thinking"?)

I suggested SJ because of the strong Melancholy, but that could either be current non-inborn behavior, or just inaccurate ("pick the traits out of the list" charts like the one on the Five Temperaments Test thread really aren't the best instruments), or perhaps a third area of personality called "Affection". It would make sense for that to be strongest, as it is the deepest area of our personality. So the full combination would be Sanguine-Supine-Melancholy (that order is not strength, but the three areas), and those first two temperaments would equate to ENFP (ENP-Sanguine; NF-Supine).

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
To me you and Kiwi are both ENFx. Some days you seem quite ENFP and some days you seem more ENFJ.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Most of your posts, not just the ones in this thread, seem to sound like ones I'd make. Seriously. A lot of them have that analytical, introspective, and personal flavor to them. Kind of a "personal and feely but being analytical about it" vibe.

That's not to say that, because your one post sounded ENFP, that this one didn't sound ENFP as well.. just, that one post really struck me as a product of Ne/Fi.

Yes, I would say that as well. In fact, in real life a student of mine who was interested in this stuff nearly fell on the floor when I said I was a feeler lol. She said, ummm I would have thought you were an eNtx...she was quite shocked...! I didn't know what to think?!

It comes from having 50/50 F/T and 50/50 J/P - it confuses the hell out of people I think...

IF you are anything other than ENFP, my vote would go to ENFJ. :yes:

:D Again, I think it's the 50/50 J/P and the average use of Ni, Ti, and Fe that can be confusing with the analysis.

That was me who was suggesting that, everyone, but from what others have pointed out, plus our own discussion on the profile space, she probably is more N, from pondering this stuff so much. The Five temperament system we were discussing doesn't directly cover S/N, so I often forget or don't really pay attention to it in typing people, focusing primarily on the similar "S/N blind" Interaction Styles. (I've insisted Stevie Wonder was S, and now I'm starting to realize almost like "what was I thinking"?)

I suggested SJ because of the strong Melancholy, but that could either be current non-inborn behavior, or just inaccurate ("pick the traits out of the list" charts like the one on the Five Temperaments Test thread really aren't the best instruments), or perhaps a third area of personality called "Affection". It would make sense for that to be strongest, as it is the deepest area of our personality. So the full combination would be Sanguine-Supine-Melancholy (that order is not strength, but the three areas), and those first two temperaments would equate to ENFP (ENP-Sanguine; NF-Supine).

One thing is clear - I am in no way Choleric or Phlegmatic...My sanguine was almost the same as my supine and my melancholy was quite high, maybe because of the whole balanced S/N and P/J story....

Also, I glanced at it and probably made a preliminary assessment, to be honest...I have not even taken the test - just seemed like MSS was most appropriate...

To me you and Kiwi are both ENFx. Some days you seem quite ENFP and some days you seem more ENFJ.

Yes, it is quite confusing....

When I am not sure about something I ask as many different questions as possible to explore all possibilities, which can be annoying as all hell to some people. It's not dismissing anyone's ideas - it's gathering ideas to get a different picture.

Since Eric's ideas were so different than everyone else's, they caught my attention even more...

Maybe I wish I were melancholic - um, does that make sense? Perhaps I shall do this differently and write the traits that I relate to in each category! YES; exactly....I'm going to go do that now, perhaps that will enlighten us.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Five Temperaments Test

Allowing myself only 1-3 seconds to muse (not to over-think - I do that a lot!)

1 not at all like me, 2 a little like me, 3 sometimes like me, 4 often like me, 5 almost always like me

Choleric:

Optimistic: 3.5
Goal oriented: 5
Self-confident: 3.5
Activist: (Um politically or what???) 2.5?
Domineering: 1.5
Aggressive: 3
Leadership ability: 3.5
Tenacious: 4.5
Strong willed: 5
Hot tempered: 3.5
Insensitive: 1
Unsympathetic: 1
Determined: 4.5
Decisive: 2.5 usually, 3.5 when in attack mode = 3
Sarcastic: 3.5, 5 when pissed off = 4
Practical: 2.5
Outgoing: 3
Self-sufficient: 4.5

Phlegmatic:

Very quiet: (hahahahaha) 1
Pessimistic: 2.5
Introvert: 2.5
Not aggressive: 3
Indecisive: 3.5
Slow and lazy: 1.5 (only when sick or really tired)
Easy going: 1.5 at work, 3.5 in free time = 2.5
Calm & cool: 2.5
Efficient: 3.5
Dependable: 4.5
Witty, dry humor: 3
Teases: 5 :devil: (muhaha)
Selfish: 1.5
Orderly habits: 3.5
Stingy: 1.5
Stubborn: 5 (aww, it's awful)
Spectator in life: 3 (but also act!)
Works well under pressure: 5

Melancholy:

Deep feeling: 5
Sensitive: 4.5
Self-centered: 2.5
Easily offended: 4.5
Faithful friend: 3.5 (but I'm bad at keeping in touch!)
Self-sacrificing: 3
Likes behind the scenes: 2.5
Suspicious: 3
Introspective: 3.5
Perfectionist: 5
Harbors resentment: 3
Creative: 4.5
Moody: 3.5
Critical: 2.5 when normal, 4.5 when stressed = 3
Indecisive: 5 (GAH)
Pessimistic: 3
Idealistic: 5
Introvert: 3

Sanguine:

Emotional: 4.5 except during analysis: 3 = 3.5
Difficulty keeping resolutions: 3.5
Compassionate: 4-5 except with felons and assholes then 1.5 = 3
Impractical: 4.5
Easily discouraged: 3.5
Undisciplined: 3
Weak willed: 1.5 when goal is there, 4.5 when there isn't = 3
Talkative: 3.5, sometimes 5 = 4
Enjoyable: hope so! 3.5
Friendly: 3.5, sometimes 5 = 4
Restless: 3.5, sometimes 5 = 4
Difficulty concentrating: goal: 2.5, no goal: 4.5 = 3
Lives in present: 3
Egotistical: 2.5
Impulsive: 3.5
Difficulty keeping appointments: 1.5 unless someone else is in greater need then 4.5 = 3
Optimistic: 2.5
Outgoing: 3

Supine:

Reserved: 1.5
Gentle: 3
Difficulty saying no: 3.5
Suppressing feelings: 3.5
Caring: 3.5
Reactionary: 4.5
Relationship focused: 3.5
Dependable: 5
Diligent: 5
Harbors anger: 3.5
Indecisive: 4.5
Service oriented: 3.5
Weak willed: goal: 1.5, no goal 4.5 = 3
Loves tasks: for my goal: 4.5, not for my goal 1.5 = 3
Manipulative: 1.5
Insecure: 2.5
Loyal: 5
Giving: 3.5

Hope this helps, Eric! :)

Last edited:

hommefatal

I like thinking you're an ENFJ.
You're not a sensor because you don't act like one.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I like thinking you're an ENFJ.
You're not a sensor because you don't act like one.

:D You like thinking I'm an ENFJ? Well, then, please feel free to!

Sometimes I wondered that, too, as well as eNtp until I looked at cognitive functions and pretty much figured out that probably wasn't the case.

Luckily though my Te and Fe are pretty strong, so it counterbalances my natural flakiness and other weird characteristics. :D

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Five Temperaments Test
Hope this helps, Eric! :)
Thanks. But you're supposed to total the scores for each temperament, leaving off the 1's and 2's (only 3-5 count).
I actually started to do it for you, but just didn't have time. (Especially with all the .5's)