User Tag List

View Poll Results: Could I be xsFj?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, you are an isFj.

0 0%
  • Yes, you are an esFj.

2 11.76%
  • Damn it, I've told you once, I've told you a million times, you're eNFp!!!

12 70.59%
  • You're some other type.

1 5.88%
  • I don't really know.

2 11.76%
First 12345 Last

Thread: ISFJ/ESFJ?

MBTI
    I

"Damn it, I've told you once, I've told you a million times, you're eNFp!!!" has 8 votes, the other choices have 2 votes combined.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Thanks. But you're supposed to total the scores for each temperament, leaving off the 1's and 2's (only 3-5 count).
    I actually started to do it for you, but just didn't have time. (Especially with all the .5's)
    Okay, I'll calculate it.

Choleric: 51
    Phlegmatic: 39
    Melancholy: 62
    Sanguine: 55
    Supine: 57.5
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Okay, I'll calculate it.

Choleric: 51
    Phlegmatic: 39
    Melancholy: 62
    Sanguine: 55
    Supine: 57.5
    But again, that is just my spontaneous feeling...
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Have you tried using interaction styles?
    Those are quite handy. ENFJs and ENFPs are in quite a different area to ISFJs.

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Have you tried using interaction styles?
    Those are quite handy. ENFJs and ENFPs are in quite a different area to ISFJs.
    Interaction styles? Ah I've found it - okay I'll let you know.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Lol. If you was an ESFJ, you would of pissed and moaned at first about how you are so not like an ESFJ then just got on with it and worried about the next problem you had to deal with.

MBTI
    xNFP

Chart-the-Course™ & In-Charge™
    Directive Communications - Give structure, direct (NO)

Behind-the-Scenes™ & Get-Things-Going™
    Informing Communications - Evoke, draw forth, seek input (YES)

In-Charge™ & Get-Things-Going™
    Initating Roles- External World, reach out, interact (YES)

Chart-the-Course™ & Behind-the-Scenses
    Responding Roles- Internal world, reflect, slow pace (NOT REALLY)

In-Charge™ & Behind-the-Scenes™
    Control - Focus on control over the outcome (SOMETIMES)

Chart-the-Course™ & Get-Things-Going™ have in common
    Movement - Focus on movement toward the goal (YES)

Hmm, for all the yes answers, Get-Things-Going seems to be the common factor, with some mixed results. Let's check out the individual descriptions now.

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Lol. If you was an ESFJ, you would of pissed and moaned at first about how you are so not like an ESFJ then just got on with it and worried about the next problem you had to deal with.
    Hahaha, well I'm searching for truth ~ I'm on a quest to find myself. I find that works better by getting lots of sources, lots of input and feedback (probably more objective than my own analysis) and placing all the bits into a mosaic and making a picture (that can be changed as necessary when new data comes in).

It's the damn J/P dichotomy. As a 50% J, you long to KNOW, GET IT and say Whewwwww that's done - I FINALLY KNOW WHO I AM.

As a 50% P you say, damn, you never know who you really are, and you need to keep testing and trying and doing this and that to find out just a little bit MORE because your info is never complete.

I'm so silly!

We'll be waiting for the results.
    Curious, don't you trust your own function analysis displayed there?

MBTI
    xNFP

Chart-the-Course™

The theme is having a course of action to follow. YES

People of this stylefocus on knowing what to do and keeping themselves, the group, or the project on track. YES, but usually JUST me.

They prefer to enter a situation having an idea of what is to happen. YES, a general idea is good.

They identify a process to accomplish a goal and have a somewhat contained tension as they work to create and monitor a plan. YES

The aim is not the plan itself, but to use it as a guide to move things along toward the goal. Well, yes, I suppose.

Their informed and deliberate decisions are based on analyzing, outlining, conceptualizing or foreseeing what needs to be done. Oh, that might not be so accurate - I have issues making decisions sometimes.

Behind-the-Scenes™

The theme is getting the best result possible. YES

People of this style focus on understanding and working with the process to create a positive outcome. YES

They see value in many contributions and consult outside inputs to make an informed decision. DEFINITELY

They aim to integrate various information sources and accommodate differing points of view. YES

They approach others with a quiet, calm style that may not show their strong convictions. UM, NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Producing, sustaining, defining, and clarifying are all ways they support a group's process. Well, not reallyyyy.

They typically have more patience than most with the time it takes to gain support through consensus for a project or to refine the result. HELLZ NO! I`m as impatient as a girl waiting to stop sitting on an ant hill filled with angry fire ants.

In-Charge™

The theme is getting things accomplished through people. YES

People of this style are focused on results, often taking action quickly. UM, Not always, no. Yes with teaching

They often have a driving energy with an intention to lead a group to the goal. Um, not lead the group - go there myself. Unless teaching. Then yes

They make decisions quickly to keep themselves and others on task, on target, and on time. No, but I make decisions that WORK and still keep myself on task, target and time.

They hate wasting time and having to back track. YES

Mentoring, executing actions, supervising, and mobilizing resources are all ways they get things accomplished. YES with mentoring, supervising; no with executing and mobilizing.

They notice right away what is not working in a situation and become painfully aware of what needs to be fixed, healed, or corrected. SOMETIMES

Get-Things-Going™

The theme is persuading and involving others. YES involving; NO persuading

They thrive in facilitator or catalyst roles and aim to inspire others to move to action, facilitating the process. YES DEFINITELY

Their focus is on interaction, often with an expressive style. YES

They Get-Things-Going™ with upbeat energy, enthusiasm, or excitement, which can be contagious. YES DEFINITELY

Exploring options and possibilities, making preparations, discovering new ideas, and sharing insights are all ways they get people moving along. YES DEFINITELY

They want decisions to be participative and enthusiastic, with everyone involved and engaged. TOTALLY

Well, there you have it folks, looks like I'm a Get-Things-Going kind of gal with some moderate Take-Charge, Stick-to-it-iveness, and Charting Shit.