User Tag List

View Poll Results: Could I be xsFj?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, you are an isFj.

0 0%
  • Yes, you are an esFj.

2 11.76%
  • Damn it, I've told you once, I've told you a million times, you're eNFp!!!

12 70.59%
  • You're some other type.

1 5.88%
  • I don't really know.

2 11.76%
First 1234 Last

Thread: ISFJ/ESFJ?

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by hommefatal View Post
    No way you're a sensor. You're definitely an intuitive.
    Interesting. What makes you think so, just out of curiosity?

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I'd stick with ENFP.

If you do have to change, you act more extraverted than introverted -- your presentation here on the forums is not introverted and is not typical ISFJ.

Just to note: There's a bias in western culture for women to develop SFJ or Enneagram Two behaviors. It's not uncommon for women to get confused about their type and mistake themselves as one of these.

Don't neglect the ability of xNFP to develop strong aspects of Te in regards to work they care about or goals they are pursuing. When I think of NFPs in their 30's or older, I see a lot of them becoming able to do this.
    Hmm, that could very well be - good point. Thanks Jennifer!

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    This is probably one of the most ENFP posts you've ever made, for what it's worth
    Hmm, really? Would you mind telling me what the other posts sounded like? More SJ? Or SP or NT? Just curious...
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Hmm, really? Would you mind telling me what the other posts sounded like? More SJ? Or SP or NT? Just curious...
    Most of your posts, not just the ones in this thread, seem to sound like ones I'd make. Seriously. A lot of them have that analytical, introspective, and personal flavor to them. Kind of a "personal and feely but being analytical about it" vibe.

That's not to say that, because your one post sounded ENFP, that this one didn't sound ENFP as well.. just, that one post really struck me as a product of Ne/Fi.

MBTI
    ISTJ

IF you are anything other than ENFP, my vote would go to ENFJ.
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

The fact that I have a combined supine/melancholy attitude gives people the idea that I'm not NF, I think....
    That was me who was suggesting that, everyone, but from what others have pointed out, plus our own discussion on the profile space, she probably is more N, from pondering this stuff so much. The Five temperament system we were discussing doesn't directly cover S/N, so I often forget or don't really pay attention to it in typing people, focusing primarily on the similar "S/N blind" Interaction Styles. (I've insisted Stevie Wonder was S, and now I'm starting to realize almost like "what was I thinking"?)

I suggested SJ because of the strong Melancholy, but that could either be current non-inborn behavior, or just inaccurate ("pick the traits out of the list" charts like the one on the Five Temperaments Test thread really aren't the best instruments), or perhaps a third area of personality called "Affection". It would make sense for that to be strongest, as it is the deepest area of our personality. So the full combination would be Sanguine-Supine-Melancholy (that order is not strength, but the three areas), and those first two temperaments would equate to ENFP (ENP-Sanguine; NF-Supine).
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

To me you and Kiwi are both ENFx. Some days you seem quite ENFP and some days you seem more ENFJ.

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    Most of your posts, not just the ones in this thread, seem to sound like ones I'd make. Seriously. A lot of them have that analytical, introspective, and personal flavor to them. Kind of a "personal and feely but being analytical about it" vibe.

That's not to say that, because your one post sounded ENFP, that this one didn't sound ENFP as well.. just, that one post really struck me as a product of Ne/Fi.
    Yes, I would say that as well. In fact, in real life a student of mine who was interested in this stuff nearly fell on the floor when I said I was a feeler lol. She said, ummm I would have thought you were an eNtx...she was quite shocked...! I didn't know what to think?!

It comes from having 50/50 F/T and 50/50 J/P - it confuses the hell out of people I think...

Quote Originally Posted by d@v3 View Post
    IF you are anything other than ENFP, my vote would go to ENFJ.
    Again, I think it's the 50/50 J/P and the average use of Ni, Ti, and Fe that can be confusing with the analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    That was me who was suggesting that, everyone, but from what others have pointed out, plus our own discussion on the profile space, she probably is more N, from pondering this stuff so much. The Five temperament system we were discussing doesn't directly cover S/N, so I often forget or don't really pay attention to it in typing people, focusing primarily on the similar "S/N blind" Interaction Styles. (I've insisted Stevie Wonder was S, and now I'm starting to realize almost like "what was I thinking"?)

I suggested SJ because of the strong Melancholy, but that could either be current non-inborn behavior, or just inaccurate ("pick the traits out of the list" charts like the one on the Five Temperaments Test thread really aren't the best instruments), or perhaps a third area of personality called "Affection". It would make sense for that to be strongest, as it is the deepest area of our personality. So the full combination would be Sanguine-Supine-Melancholy (that order is not strength, but the three areas), and those first two temperaments would equate to ENFP (ENP-Sanguine; NF-Supine).
    One thing is clear - I am in no way Choleric or Phlegmatic...My sanguine was almost the same as my supine and my melancholy was quite high, maybe because of the whole balanced S/N and P/J story....

Also, I glanced at it and probably made a preliminary assessment, to be honest...I have not even taken the test - just seemed like MSS was most appropriate...

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    To me you and Kiwi are both ENFx. Some days you seem quite ENFP and some days you seem more ENFJ.
    Yes, it is quite confusing....

When I am not sure about something I ask as many different questions as possible to explore all possibilities, which can be annoying as all hell to some people. It's not dismissing anyone's ideas - it's gathering ideas to get a different picture.

Since Eric's ideas were so different than everyone else's, they caught my attention even more...

Maybe I wish I were melancholic - um, does that make sense? Perhaps I shall do this differently and write the traits that I relate to in each category! YES; exactly....I'm going to go do that now, perhaps that will enlighten us.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    xNFP

Five Temperaments Test

Allowing myself only 1-3 seconds to muse (not to over-think - I do that a lot!)

1 not at all like me, 2 a little like me, 3 sometimes like me, 4 often like me, 5 almost always like me

Choleric:

Optimistic: 3.5
    Goal oriented: 5
    Self-confident: 3.5
    Activist: (Um politically or what???) 2.5?
    Domineering: 1.5
    Aggressive: 3
    Leadership ability: 3.5
    Tenacious: 4.5
    Strong willed: 5
    Hot tempered: 3.5
    Insensitive: 1
    Unsympathetic: 1
    Determined: 4.5
    Decisive: 2.5 usually, 3.5 when in attack mode = 3
    Sarcastic: 3.5, 5 when pissed off = 4
    Practical: 2.5
    Outgoing: 3
    Self-sufficient: 4.5

Phlegmatic:

Very quiet: (hahahahaha) 1
    Pessimistic: 2.5
    Introvert: 2.5
    Not aggressive: 3
    Indecisive: 3.5
    Slow and lazy: 1.5 (only when sick or really tired)
    Easy going: 1.5 at work, 3.5 in free time = 2.5
    Calm & cool: 2.5
    Efficient: 3.5
    Dependable: 4.5
    Witty, dry humor: 3
    Teases: 5 (muhaha)
    Selfish: 1.5
    Orderly habits: 3.5
    Stingy: 1.5
    Stubborn: 5 (aww, it's awful)
    Spectator in life: 3 (but also act!)
    Works well under pressure: 5

Melancholy:

Deep feeling: 5
    Sensitive: 4.5
    Self-centered: 2.5
    Easily offended: 4.5
    Faithful friend: 3.5 (but I'm bad at keeping in touch!)
    Self-sacrificing: 3
    Likes behind the scenes: 2.5
    Suspicious: 3
    Introspective: 3.5
    Perfectionist: 5
    Harbors resentment: 3
    Creative: 4.5
    Moody: 3.5
    Critical: 2.5 when normal, 4.5 when stressed = 3
    Indecisive: 5 (GAH)
    Pessimistic: 3
    Idealistic: 5
    Introvert: 3

Sanguine:

Emotional: 4.5 except during analysis: 3 = 3.5
    Difficulty keeping resolutions: 3.5
    Compassionate: 4-5 except with felons and assholes then 1.5 = 3
    Impractical: 4.5
    Easily discouraged: 3.5
    Undisciplined: 3
    Weak willed: 1.5 when goal is there, 4.5 when there isn't = 3
    Talkative: 3.5, sometimes 5 = 4
    Enjoyable: hope so! 3.5
    Friendly: 3.5, sometimes 5 = 4
    Restless: 3.5, sometimes 5 = 4
    Difficulty concentrating: goal: 2.5, no goal: 4.5 = 3
    Lives in present: 3
    Egotistical: 2.5
    Impulsive: 3.5
    Difficulty keeping appointments: 1.5 unless someone else is in greater need then 4.5 = 3
    Optimistic: 2.5
    Outgoing: 3

Supine:

Reserved: 1.5
    Gentle: 3
    Difficulty saying no: 3.5
    Suppressing feelings: 3.5
    Caring: 3.5
    Reactionary: 4.5
    Relationship focused: 3.5
    Dependable: 5
    Diligent: 5
    Harbors anger: 3.5
    Indecisive: 4.5
    Service oriented: 3.5
    Weak willed: goal: 1.5, no goal 4.5 = 3
    Loves tasks: for my goal: 4.5, not for my goal 1.5 = 3
    Manipulative: 1.5
    Insecure: 2.5
    Loyal: 5
    Giving: 3.5

Hope this helps, Eric!
    Last edited by Little Linguist; 07-03-2009 at 12:00 AM.

I like thinking you're an ENFJ.
    You're not a sensor because you don't act like one.

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by hommefatal View Post
    I like thinking you're an ENFJ.
    You're not a sensor because you don't act like one.
    You like thinking I'm an ENFJ? Well, then, please feel free to!

Sometimes I wondered that, too, as well as eNtp until I looked at cognitive functions and pretty much figured out that probably wasn't the case.

Luckily though my Te and Fe are pretty strong, so it counterbalances my natural flakiness and other weird characteristics.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Five Temperaments Test
    Hope this helps, Eric!
    Thanks. But you're supposed to total the scores for each temperament, leaving off the 1's and 2's (only 3-5 count).
    I actually started to do it for you, but just didn't have time. (Especially with all the .5's)
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas