User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Random thought

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Default Random thought

INTP?

I was thinking about it today and somehow I wasn't as sure of INFJ. I'm obsessed with logic; it pervades my entire existence. Maybe a Ti dom?

Empathy doesn't necessarily make me an F...

But then again, I'm probably just trippin.

MBTI
    xxxx

There comes a time in every man's life when he thinks he was two letters off and is, in fact, an INTP. For me, that time was yesterday.

Are you sure about being an INTP? The change from a dominant Ni to an auxiliary Ne should be a a little drastic.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Well I'm definitely a Ti user over a Te, so INTJ would be impossible.

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Well I'm definitely a Ti user over a Te, so INTJ would be impossible.
    And you're confident your Ti is stronger than your Fe?

EDIT: In retrospect, there are a few things I should have told you that would aid in your quest to find your type:

INFJs are S-tards. INTPs are F-tards. Since an INTP may not always have a strong S (It should be roughly as strong as the T in INFJs), it's not the best variable to go by. F, on the other hand, varies greatly between the two types. It is the primary judgment function for INFJs, but an INTP can usually qualify for "autistic" on an EQ test. Of course, the functions develop over time. Fe will develop in mid-life/late-life for an INTP, while it shows up in the teenage years(or possibly even earlier) for INFJs. If you're under 40 and have any decent manifestation of F (especially Fe), I'd rule out INTP as your possible type. (This, however, is not to prove that you are an INFJ. You still have the chance of being mistyped.)

And again, as I said, the Fe should develop in the teenage years for an INFJ. Reflecting back on your younger days and checking for the presence of Fe should be a fairly dead-in indicator.

As a last check, (READ: Check, only use to confirm your answer gathered previously) you can try to see if you fit into the "P for procrastination" category or "J for non-procrastination" category better. As another, albeit possibly unreliable check, you can search for the difference in iNtuition, seeing if you prefer the extroverted form (as INTPs do) or the introverted form (as INFJs do).
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    INTP?

I was thinking about it today and somehow I wasn't as sure of INFJ. I'm obsessed with logic; it pervades my entire existence. Maybe a Ti dom?

Empathy doesn't necessarily make me an F...

But then again, I'm probably just trippin.
    may I suggest that you take some tests to gauge your cognitive functions? It might help you decide.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

He's already taken the cognitive process tests, and from what I remember, Ti and Ni were the highest, and then I think Ne and Fe were next. So they were very ambiguous results, and why there was never 100% certainty.

I had mentioned before, that if INFJ, the tertiary Ti would "inflate" itself, to possibly appear dominant (hence, "obsession' with logic). Though he always genuinely seemed like a Ti dominant. A lot of INTP's had come up with strong Ni (I seem to be the only one for whom it is weakest).
    If INTP, then Si would be the inflated tertiary. For me it definitely is, though many other INTP's have it as weak. IIRC, it may have been weak for Evan as well. I've more recently been looking at Lenore Thomson's brain alternative theory. I know that this works for the first two processes. Their opposites will come up as "alternatives" when the preferred processes cannot solve a problem. I'm not sure if that works for the tertiary and inferior. If so, then Ni could be a left-brain alternative for Si.

So a lot of it depends on the person's experiences. Even Fe could develop sooner than expected. Even Fi might come up a lot as the right-brain alternative to the dom. Ti. So it looks like the best way Evan can sort this out is to compare the roles Ne and Ni actually play out in his life. Those two mark the biggest difference between INTP and INFJ. (Since it can sometimes be hard to determine whether T or F is preferred, especially when the inflated tertiary or anima are involved). Is Ne like a "good parent" function, or it is more "oppositional", and only backing up Ni. Is Ni heroic, or is it more like a critical parent that also gives wise discovery at times?

I also once suggested ISTP, though it is true that there is definite N over S. But you always did seem more genuinely T over F.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

Have you considered ENTP?

Actually, if you haven't already run every option into the ground, then don't consider ENTP .
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

INFJ, Evan.

Which is the unconscious response? Which reacts first? Fe or Ti?

Answer: Fe.

You're in the same boat I'm in.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    INFJ, Evan.

Which is the unconscious response? Which reacts first? Fe or Ti?

Answer: Fe.

You're in the same boat I'm in.
    I can taste the Ni coming off of that answer.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Can't being a Ti dom make Ne look more like Ni, just because Ti is so focused on the internal standard?

It's just that I use Ti more than anyone else I know except other INTPs (of which I know 3, I realized), and even compared with them I seem pretty obsessed with logic.

Developed Fe could easily just be a response to my environment. I was heavily influenced by predicting my mother's craziness, forcing me to come up with a consistent value system for how one should act so that I could figure out when I should accept what she was doing or not. Also, my first girlfriend was ENFJ, and her mode of thought completely changed the way I interacted from then on (plus, she died, so there was all this weird psychology regarding carrying on her role and understanding of people).

I rarely ever make value judgments in any conversation, I just argue for consistency, regardless of whether or not I think the viewpoint is "right".

Plus, every time I explain MBTI to anyone, they think I'm INTP, and when I try to say that I'm F they're more quick to dismiss the entire theory than to believe me.