User Tag List

First 4567 Last

Thread: Random thought

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

It seems like everyone has this premise that anyone who thinks they're INFJ first can't be INTP. I understand why people would think that and I see why it seems unlikely, but what if I'm just the rare case that's actually right?

I've been thinking about this for like 2 weeks and it still seems like the best fit. I've also talked it over with all my friends IRL who know MBTI, etc.

Edit:

Maybe a possible explanation is that I felt validated being an F that could hang in logic with Ts. Maybe I just confirmation biased myself into thinking I was an exception among INFJs. I really think it makes more sense that I'm just an INTP with 6+ years of therapy -- I've trained myself to direct my thinking in a more F direction than most INTPs go in their early 20s.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    It seems like everyone has this premise that anyone who thinks they're INFJ first can't be INTP. I understand why people would think that and I see why it seems unlikely, but what if I'm just the rare case that's actually right?
    That is admittedly a rule of thumb for me, but in this case I'm going by what I know of you.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post

Maybe a possible explanation is that I felt validated being an F that could hang in logic with Ts. Maybe I just confirmation biased myself into thinking I was an exception among INFJs. I really think it makes more sense that I'm just an INTP with 6+ years of therapy -- I've trained myself to direct my thinking in a more F direction than most INTPs go in their early 20s.
    If you are consistently running your thoughts through a personal filter, and checking them against personal [F] criteria, then I would say that's an inclination towards more F use than T. But once again, I don't really know you that well.

INTPs do not have a monopoly on logic. Just because you love it and use it so much, doesn't really mean that's your type.

MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2

I would like to know what do INTP have the monopoly on?!. My daughter is INTP, I would love to have better interactions.
    Johari / Nohari

Enneagram 1w2/Lifepath 1/first zodiac sign Aries/first Chinese zodiac sign RAT/first born in my siblings of 3. Did I forget to mention first?

Independent Director

Quote Originally Posted by Eiddy View Post
    I would like to know what do INTP have the monopoly on?!. My daughter is INTP, I would love to have better interactions.
    Personal topics may make young INTPs uncomfortable. They can view virtually all situations as separate from themselves, and due to some projection, can assume the same for others. They can become perplexed when something they say has a personal effect on someone else. They tend to over-think, and under-do.

No type really has a monopoly on anything, it's just there's far more likelihood of certain traits or quirks being expressed. How old is your daughter?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Eiddy View Post
    Aloofness.

MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2

That I totally agree with, can't get her interested in anything (outside something she loves doing like reading books, writing, or baking).
    Johari / Nohari

Enneagram 1w2/Lifepath 1/first zodiac sign Aries/first Chinese zodiac sign RAT/first born in my siblings of 3. Did I forget to mention first?

Independent Director

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    If you are consistently running your thoughts through a personal filter, and checking them against personal [F] criteria, then I would say that's an inclination towards more F use than T. But once again, I don't really know you that well.
    What do you mean by "personal"? I know that word is often used for F, but the way you're describing it there would sound more like Fi. The real difference between F and T is whether the judgment being made is in terms of true/false (correct/incorrect), or good/bad.
    On the other hand, if by personal you mean "subjective" while that word is also used for F a lot, in the Jungian sense, it simply means an introverted function. So with Ti, you are running things through a personal or subjective filter.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    What do you mean by "personal"? I know that word is often used for F, but the way you're describing it there would sound more like Fi. The real difference between F and T is whether the judgment being made is in terms of true/false (correct/incorrect), or good/bad.
    On the other hand, if by personal you mean "subjective" while that word is also used for F a lot, in the Jungian sense, it simply means an introverted function. So with Ti, you are running things through a personal or subjective filter.
    I see the T vs. F divide as impersonal vs. personal. The Xi vs. Xe divide as subjective according to self vs. objective according to environment. I should have explained further that I was referencing Fe in terms of him "directing his thinking in more of an F direction" because he identifies being able to use Fe with greater proficiency than the majority of INTPs. If he finds himself projecting his thinking in an F direction, that sounds a lot to me as though he is comparing his thoughts against a personal [F] criteria with principles derived from the environment [Xe].

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

OK. But still, since he trained himself that way, it doesn't seem like a natural preference, but rather conscious development.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas