First 23456 Last

Thread: Random thought

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

I don't know, you don't really remind me of any of the INTPs here, but you do seem more "logic" focused than most INFJs here as well. And by "logic focused" I mean focused on talking about being logical. Most of the INFJs here don't seem to have a preoccupation with such things.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    You're arguing with the assumption that I'm INFJ and trying to prove INTP wrong. You should do the opposite and compare the two arguments.

What if I'm just an INTP with a heavily nurture-based Fe response?
    Actually, I'm merely randomly pulling arguments in support of my "groundless" Ni pattern analysis.

This was what I've observed in people. Dominant functions cannot be turned off. Auxiliary functions can be suppressed but they're usually float about subconsciously. Tertiary usage is learned. You can be well practiced so that it becomes more or less "muscle memory" but it'll never be as quick as auxiliary. (That's assuming you haven't undergone childhood trauma etc that prevented you from developing your auxiliary.)

In your case,

Dominant- Ni (INFJ) or Ti (INTP)
    too difficult to judge, you use both simultaneously.

Auxiliary- Fe (INFJ) or Ne (INTP)
    Personally, I haven't seen Ne in your posts at all. It's all Ni Ti with your logic.

An exercise for you...
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tml#post579745

A good indicator of Ni vs Ne in my humble opinion.

Tertiary- Ti (INFJ) or Si (INTP)
    Plenty of Ti... not sure about Si. How's your memory? What sort of comments do you get from people when you're asked to reiterate to somebody about what happened at an event?

Inferior- Se (INFJ) or Fe (INTP)
    Not very useful in this case I don't think. Do you get sudden urges to do something crazy (or fantasize about it)? I dunno extreme sports, global trekking what not... Or are you more likely to not know that you were angry at somebody until you recognize your actions and tone of voice suggested you were upset?

Shadow auxiliary- Fi (INFJ) or Ni (INTP)
    My little pet theory about types under stress. Which function seem to plague you more?

Fi... tendency to sit and mope. Questioning self about who you are. Unable to find internal standards... feeling "not good enough".

Ni... uhhhh I'm not sure what that's suppose to be like. Probably paranoia? Mistrust of other people's intent or capabilities? *scratches head* Not something Ni dominants are overly familiar with...
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Internally by 1247849283749872397847619868976x.
    That suggests Ji dominance, and by extension probably Pe auxiliary.

Given your apparent Ti enthusiasm, yeah, I'm going with INTP.

You never quite seemed to give the INFJ vibe to me, but I didn't have enough data to say anything.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Do you think you are more internally or externally organized?
    INFJs are not often externally organized (in the sense of having all their clothes hung up, desk neat, etc) because they are focused on what's going on inside their head, not the outside world; inferior Se.

Evan, you seem INFJ to me. You have this focused intensity/tenacity that I see in certain INxJs. Even your intense focus on being logical says INxJ. Only an INFJ could have written your "A Rant About an INFJ" thread; you have typical INFJ issues. In addition to that I don't see any Ne in your posts.

MBTI
    ISFJ

I can't actually tell if my brother is INTP or INFJ either. Function order is all over the place.

I hear you on the Ti. I tested as INTP and ENTP quite a few times because it's still a difficult divide for me at times. Logical coherence VS values coherence. In the end, I can switch off my logic slightly more easily than I can my conscience. And that's how I knew.

MBTI
    INTP

INFJ is my guess. For your age, you have a much better understanding of what makes you and others tick.

Your writing style/posts/thoughts feel quite familiar to me, which is rare for me on TypoC. However, I don't think that's a good sign of you being INTP. I'm not on a particularly typical INTP path at the moment.

And as nightning says, you don't give off much of a Ne vibe (but then again, probably the same thing could be said about me).

Other reason for saying INFJ: gut feel.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    Auxiliary- Fe (INFJ) or Ne (INTP)
    Personally, I haven't seen Ne in your posts at all. It's all Ni Ti with your logic.
    Any examples?
    Help me out, because Ni is my weakest function; still trying to fully understand it, and I sometimes have trouble picking it out in people's writing. Some people ooze with future premonitions and such, and a general style of language that seems to come with it. I just have not noticed this in Evan (and I imagine a lot of other NJ's who have not turned up the volume on the "visionary" aspect of the process). With Evan, it looked like all Ti, with some sort of abstract focus, but I associated it with Ne.
    Ni... uhhhh I'm not sure what that's suppose to be like. Probably paranoia? Mistrust of other people's intent or capabilities? *scratches head* Not something Ni dominants are overly familiar with...
    In 6th place "critical parent", it is supposed to be putting dampers on plans for the future with negative thoughts about how things will turn out. Elfinchilde had also added that coupled with the 7th place Se, you interpret things in a way that gives "no schrift to self". I can testify to these things.
    But it can also give profound wisdom. So the question for Evan is does it play this role, or is it more "heroic", and his default mode of perception? Is Ne a "good parent", or is it "oppositional"?
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Any examples?
    Help me out, because Ni is my weakest function; still trying to fully understand it, and I sometimes have trouble picking it out in people's writing. Some people ooze with future premonitions and such, and a general style of language that seems to come with it. I just have not noticed this in Evan (and I imagine a lot of other NJ's who have not turned up the volume on the "visionary" aspect of the process). With Evan, it looked like all Ti, with some sort of abstract focus, but I associated it with Ne.
    The division between Ni and Ne are pretty blurry for me since I use both... or rather I think I use Ni but it comes across as Ne to Ne users.

I think the major thing in separating the two is the speed of connection and depth. For most part Ne tend to work faster than Ni. If you have to wait and let the problem sink in before you get an answer, then it's likely Ni. The second is the process of making associations. Ni thinking is centered on a point of origin. There's a heavy tendency to link new associations back to the mass of previous ones. If you look at the free association sample on that thread you'll find that in general INXJs link all the words together symbolically into a whole. Not just A->B->C->D, but A->B->C->A&D->D&B. Association also tend to connect the "internal properties", alternate meanings etc with other things. Whereas Ne would rather throw the object into a new environment... examine the what if scenario under different constraints, but the object remains the object.

e.g. Apple -> tree of life -> Apple peel -> spiral continuum -> snake -> spiral staircase -> Roman church.

It'll be pretty difficult for Ne to associate an apple with the roman church short of an attempt to deface or start a protest by tossing fruits.

In 6th place "critical parent", it is supposed to be putting dampers on plans for the future with negative thoughts about how things will turn out. Elfinchilde had also added that coupled with the 7th place Se, you interpret things in a way that gives "no schrift to self". I can testify to these things.
    But it can also give profound wisdom. So the question for Evan is does it play this role, or is it more "heroic", and his default mode of perception? Is Ne a "good parent", or is it "oppositional"?
    *sits and waits for Evan's answer. I think that'll be enlightening.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

After some thought, I'm gonna go by INTP now, and I think my enneagram type is 9 not 5.

Ne as a Ti slave I think looks like Ni for me.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Evan, you seem INFJ to me. You have this focused intensity/tenacity that I see in certain INxJs. Even your intense focus on being logical says INxJ. Only an INFJ could have written your "A Rant About an INFJ" thread; you have typical INFJ issues. In addition to that I don't see any Ne in your posts.
    +1.

Ne as a Ti slave I think looks like Ni for me.

Any INTPs you'd compare yourself to on this score?

Empathy doesn't necessarily make me an F...
    I'd say it's the other way around: Extraordinary logic-consciousness doesn't necessarily make you a T.

But then again, I'm probably just trippin.

I think you were more on the money back when you identified with toonia in this post:

you've basically described me. i'm extremely uncomfortable letting my emotions show (and they really don't show), and i'm pretty apathetic to any large-scale issues. i use Ti and Ni as coping mechanisms to deal with deep emotional wounds. i'm totally into logic and philosophy -- intellectualization is my #1 defense strategy, etc. but my connections to people are all about empathy. i can empathize on a small scale, but can't handle big groups very easily. pretty much every sentence in your paragraph describes me

but i have no doubt i'm INFJ with strong Ti. empathy is totally an Fe thing, and intellectualization is totally a Ti thing (Ni too).