User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Random thought

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

If you're INTP I'll eat my hat. Since I don't want to do that, I'm thoroughly convinced you're INFJ. I base this on the numerous Vent chats you participated in when you got on there. If you're not a feeler, then I need to change my type to ENTP.

Having a love for logic doesn't make you a T. It means you like logical conclusions. But what you think is logical may not be the same as thinking like a T. I can elaborate on that as well if you'd like.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

I'd say INTP
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

I'd say INTP is as good a guess as any.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    If you're INTP I'll eat my hat. Since I don't want to do that, I'm thoroughly convinced you're INFJ. I base this on the numerous Vent chats you participated in when you got on there. If you're not a feeler, then I need to change my type to ENTP.

Having a love for logic doesn't make you a T. It means you like logical conclusions. But what you think is logical may not be the same as thinking like a T. I can elaborate on that as well if you'd like.
    The reason I started this whole line of thought is that I have a roommate that i couldn't figure out for a long time: I knew he was either INFJ or INTP. After a while, I began to realize that maybe this site has skewed my view on INTPs, since they for some reason have a tendency to exaggerate their T-ish qualities and neglect to mention anything that could be interpreted as F.

Anyway, it's clear to me now that my roommate is INTP, and he and I agree that I probably use Ti more often than he does (I probably use Fe more, too).

Truth is, all the INTPs I know talk about right and wrong fairly often; they're pretty damn important concepts .

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    The reason I started this whole line of thought is that I have a roommate that i couldn't figure out for a long time: I knew he was either INFJ or INTP. After a while, I began to realize that maybe this site has skewed my view on INTPs, since they for some reason have a tendency to exaggerate their T-ish qualities and neglect to mention anything that could be interpreted as F.

Anyway, it's clear to me now that my roommate is INTP, and he and I agree that I probably use Ti more often than he does (I probably use Fe more, too).

Truth is, all the INTPs I know talk about right and wrong fairly often; they're pretty damn important concepts .
    First paragraph says Ne
    Second paragraph is Ti.
    third is Si.
    INTP

if you go through this thread and read your responses and the OP, you will see these three functions more than a starbucks.
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Another thing is I'm dating this INFJ, and she seems completely insane and illogical to me. Not that I'm using perfect reasoning here, but it's at least an inductive hint.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Another thing is I'm dating this INFJ, and she seems completely insane and illogical to me. Not that I'm using perfect reasoning here, but it's at least an inductive hint.
    Si post
    I N V I C T U S

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

*chuckles* Bad experiences with other Fe users does not exempt you for the category.

It seems to me that INFJs come in two flavours... Scrap that, 3 flavours.

InFJ <- very heavy on Fe (ladypinkington is a good example)
    INFj <- I don't mean socionics, light distant affection (Toonia)
    INfJ <- The confusing Ti varient that looks half like INTP, but the J-ness makes the casual acquaintance think you're INTJ.

Can't being a Ti dom make Ne look more like Ni, just because Ti is so focused on the internal standard?

It's just that I use Ti more than anyone else I know except other INTPs (of which I know 3, I realized), and even compared with them I seem pretty obsessed with logic.
    You can also say Ni Ti looks awfully like Ne... You're better off digging deeper down to see which is your automatic response rather than the learned response.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    *chuckles* Bad experiences with other Fe users does not exempt you for the category.

It seems to me that INFJs come in two flavours... Scrap that, 3 flavours.

InFJ <- very heavy on Fe (ladypinkington is a good example)
    INFj <- I don't mean socionics, light distant affection (Toonia)
    INfJ <- The confusing Ti varient that looks half like INTP, but the J-ness makes the casual acquaintance think you're INTJ.

You can also say Ni Ti looks awfully like Ne... You're better off digging deeper down to see which is your automatic response rather than the learned response.
    You're arguing with the assumption that I'm INFJ and trying to prove INTP wrong. You should do the opposite and compare the two arguments.

What if I'm just an INTP with a heavily nurture-based Fe response?

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Well there's a spectrum within every single type, so within INFJ, obviously some will be far more illogical than others.

I've written this before on here, but I have 3 INFJ friends, and we're all rather different. One's more 'J', one's far more 'F', and compared to them, I could easily call myself INfj. (Edit: or, speaking in cognitive function terms, some INFJ's will lean more on Fe than others, some will use other functions they're not 'supposed' to use, etc...but I don't think I'm saying anything you don't already know)

So...there's that too. Variety within type, and numerous additional psychological factors.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ