• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Musings on my type

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
...How good is your memory? Mine really sucks. I blame it on a lack of paying conscious attention to detail. Not sure whether there is a lack of memory associated with a lack of Si (though there are threads on the subject), but it might clue you in to the right direction.

As far as I know, Ne is a function that builds everything up from scratch every time you think about it (or at least, prefers to), Si users like to rely on what they know and use methods to do things, like... by the book style. The weakness of Ne is that you forget things quickly and easily, the strength is that you generally have more experience in processing data. This doesn't mean that you have no memory power, or that Si users aren't capable of working out things from scratch.

I knew you seemed too intellectual for an ISTJ. :)

That's funny... I know one who is a genius, I've always assumed that they were all rather intellectual. I even remember seeing some resource labeling them as the scientist type, along with INTJ. I'm not sure if you're talking about the same intellectual here though... maybe it has something to do with what I wrote just above...

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
That's funny... I know one who is a genius, I've always assumed that they were all rather intellectual. I even remember seeing some resource labeling them as the scientist type, along with INTJ. I'm not sure if you're talking about the same intellectual here though... maybe it has something to do with what I wrote just above...

It's hard to explain. He just analyzed things in a way that didn't seem ISTJish. I was wondering about him when I saw his posts. I thought maybe it was his age.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I knew you seemed too intellectual for an ISTJ. :)

+1

+2.

The ISTJ has more of a common sense intellectualism as opposed to creative intellectualism.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
Follow up:

I'm taking various other tests to see if everything matches up. Thoughts?

picture9osw.png

picture11djs.png

picture12.png

picture13u.png

picture14u.png

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Quite truthfully, you always struck me as more of an N from our interactions. I would never ask someone if they were wrong about how they typed themselves, unless I was very sure, but even your sense of humour seems way more intuitive. I would for sure say that you are a T. As for the other two letters, it is harder to tell. Online, Es and Is are a little hazier to me. I sort of think of you as more of an INTJ, but I may be wrong...

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
Quite truthfully, you always struck me as more of an N from our interactions. I would never ask someone if they were wrong about how they typed themselves, unless I was very sure, but even your sense of humour seems way more intuitive. I would for sure say that you are a T. As for the other two letters, it is harder to tell. Online, Es and Is are a little hazier to me. I sort of think of you as more of an INTJ, but I may be wrong...
It's good to see you know how potentially dangerous it can be when you inform someone that you think they've been mistyped.

From my life experiences, I've figured out by now that I'm an I. This has become especially apparent to me as of late; I expend energy in group situations and gain it in solitude.

In general, I've found that I behave more like an INTJ but have the function order of an INTP. Go figure.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
In any case, welcome to the N side!

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
The Ps might not have got around to it yet.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Usually an ST will answer you straight away, without beating around the bush and giving a cold unrelated response. It could be just asking you a question rubs you the wrong way. But with other ISTJ's our interactions usually go along a lot smoother.

I beg to differ. Getting a direct answer from an ISTP is like pulling teeth, imo.

But all that aside, OP sounds INTPish.