MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    Taken as objectively as I could:

Right now, I'm thinking I've previously mistaken a strong Ti for a strong Si.
    (Ti) makes sense of the world by apprehending it in terms of effects emerging from a cause, or a harmony of elements. For example, the way a beautifully made desk appears to emerge from a single idea. As an epistemological perspective, Ti leads one to trust only things that you understand first-hand for yourself, preferably through direct, hands-on interaction. You must see for yourself how a given thing or subject makes sense. Knowledge must emerge from the concrete reality itself, not from preconceived categories or criteria, and the search for knowledge must follow wherever logic and the subject matter lead, regardless of how people feel about it. As an ethical perspective, Ti leads you to do what is best for the system regardless of reward or gain or social conventions that define right and wrong behavior. For example, the sense of "natural law" that guides Clint Eastwood to do what needs doing in Old West towns regardless of the law.

(Si) tunes you in to the chaos, unpredictability, and unknowability of the concrete world, leading you to value whatever few signs you can find that have stable meaning. For example, the stripes of tabby cats might hold a particular meaning for you, and you might come to treasure that. As an epistemological perspective, Si leads you to view anything from outside a familiar context as dangerous and untrustworthy. You are in tune with the fact that nearly all possibilities lead to destruction. For example, if you're designing an airplane, nearly all combinations of the variables fail. Of the possible combinations of wingspan, wing placement, wing shape, fuselage shape, and so on, there is only a tiny subset that make an aerodynamically workable plane--and then only if you get a whole lot of other things just right, too. All of life is like that, only much more complicated. We live only in the small islands of the world that we've grown up with and are suited to us. And we can't possibly know why these small islands are relatively safe. As an ethical perspective, Si leads you to protect the integrity of the things and signs that we depend on. This usually takes the form of setting up barriers against the unpredictable. For example, saving for a rainy day (hardships come at unpredictable times) or inspecting buildings for fire safety (so people can trust that "being inside a building" is a sign of safety against the elements). Within these barriers, where all is trustworthy and familiar, we can survive and enjoy what is precious to us--for a while.

so do you think you're intp then? cuz of the Ti and Ne and Si?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    so do you think you're intp then? cuz of the Ti and Ne and Si?
    I believe I'm INTP because of the Ti and Ne, not because of the Si. Si is definitely the stomping grounds of the SJs, a group which the INTP theory would cause me to be fairly separate from.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

i had been having troubles typing my husband. but functions testing led me in the right direction. He's very Ti=Se pretty much, which is istp. i had no idea. but after reflecting with me on his childhood and how he was in his younger days, he was very much the stereotypical istp. so i think reflecting on how you were in childhood really helps diagnose your type (and i've read this too). but i also think he's not that stereotypically istp anymore. so even though his main functions are 'istp,' life has stepped in and made him almost more istj.....but i usually just say istx.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

I believe I'm INTP because of the Ti and Ne, not because of the Si. Si is definitely the stomping grounds of the SJs, a group which the INTP theory would cause me to be fairly separate from.
    well, in my functions of type book, Si is listed as intp's tertiary function.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    xxxx

i had been having troubles typing my husband. but functions testing led me in the right direction. He's very Ti=Se pretty much, which is istp. i had no idea. but after reflecting with me on his childhood and how he was in his younger days, he was very much the stereotypical istp. so i think reflecting on how you were in childhood really helps diagnose your type (and i've read this too). but i also think he's not that stereotypically istp anymore. so even though his main functions are 'istp,' life has stepped in and made him almost more istj.....but i usually just say istx.
    Reflecting back on my childhood is part of what led me to think that I could perhaps be an INTP. My parents joked about how I was an evil genius as child, trying to figure out how things worked and seeing how I could "use" them.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    xxxx

well, in my functions of type book, Si is listed as intp's tertiary function.
    It is, but making a ruling based on the tertiary function is a little... fuzzy. If Si was my weakest function, there might be a case. However, since it's roughly in the area it should be, I just leave it be and not use it as evidence.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

It is, but making a ruling based on the tertiary function is a little... fuzzy. If Si was my weakest function, there might be a case. However, since it's roughly in the area it should be, I just leave it be and not use it as evidence.
    yes, you sound intp to me.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    xxxx

yes, you sound intp to me.
    By my "debating" style?

MBTI
    LoLz

I knew you seemed too intellectual for an ISTJ.

MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    I knew you seemed too intellectual for an ISTJ.
    +1
    Johari / Nohari

Enneagram 1w2/Lifepath 1/first zodiac sign Aries/first Chinese zodiac sign RAT/first born in my siblings of 3. Did I forget to mention first?

Independent Director