User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: ISFP or INFP?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Isn't MBTI about how you think, not how you act? If he acts like an ISFP, but thinks like an INFP that would make him and INFP?
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    Isn't MBTI about how you think, not how you act? If he acts like an ISFP, but thinks like an INFP that would make him and INFP?
    Well I cannot know for sure how he thinks. I can only go by what he says and does.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

that's true, but I remember reading somewhere in this thread that he acts like an ISFP and thinks like an INFP...

Well, according to socionics, your auxiliary function is your creative function. His art seems to be less grounded by reality, wouldn't an Se user draw what they see and observe in the real world?
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    that's true, but I remember reading somewhere in this thread that he acts like an ISFP and thinks like an INFP...

Well, according to socionics, your auxiliary function is your creative function. His art seems to be less grounded by reality, wouldn't an Se user draw what they see and observe in the real world?
    Well, I would say he speaks like an INFP.

A Se person would be more likely to draw realistically, as I pointed out. That's why I put his drawing style in favor of Ne.

However, I've also thought about how his characters show their personality. It's very literal. If a character likes music, then he has a boombox or something (whereas, when I draw, I may draw people realistically, but they are maybe symbolizing a concept as opposed to creating a character). So even though he draws cartoons, he could definitely still be Se.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Here's why I think he could have auxiliary Ne:
    - Is a cartoonist / illustrator and creates original characters straight from his imagination. When he shows you his drawings, he will also tell you about a full back story & personality he has created for them, even though it's just a drawing for a t-shirt.
    - Has the INFP verbal diarrhea. Like, what the hell is he talking about 90% of the time? His speech is not linear at all and it's hard to connect the dots to figure out what he's getting at.
    -Very, very, very odd sense of humor that makes zero sense to most people. My ISFJ mom gets a kick out of it, but I don't think she is laughing with him, just at him. Scary to say, I can make sense of him more than my mom....

Here's why I think he could have auxiliary Se:
    - Not intellectually inclined like most INFPs seem to be. Does not read much, and when he does, he reads biographies, self help books, and historical non-fiction. Has little interest in theory or the abstract.

These are the things that I think strongly reflect Se or Ne. There are more Ne than Se. I therefore tentatively say INFP. The Se one could be just explained by him being male.

Well, I would say he speaks like an INFP.
    Speaking style would be the closest you get to watching him think.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Argh! Just when I thought I was coming close to a conclusion. Maybe I can get him to take a test....I see him falling asleep in the middle of it or asking my mom to do it for him

Argh! Just when I thought I was coming close to a conclusion. Maybe I can get him to take a test....I see him falling asleep in the middle of it or asking my mom to do it for him
    Yeah, I'm not helping by changing my mind. What does your gut say?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Well I originally thought ISFP, but then I had a bit of an "aha!" moment and decided he was an INFP. I suppose my gut says INFP then.

The thing that makes me think Ne the most is building the characters worlds in his head.
    This is anecdotal but I do that kind of thing, but I get bits of information here and there pop in my mind and have to pull them out to sort through and make something of them. I can't do it all in my head. I need to build a framework outside of myself to hang everything off.

There always needs to be a feedback loop with the external world in some way.