Thread: clueless xNxP

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILI

Default clueless xNxP

Lurked here for months, finally getting around to posting. Being completely clueless when it comes to myself, I'm questioning my type. INFP, INTP, and ENTP descriptions all have parts I identify with. The only things I am sure of are my N and P. I am extremely shy so I think that messes with the E/I dynamic. I can't really distinguish between my F/T, they seem too related to me. I test as an INFP a vast majority of the time, and INTP at other times. My intuition runs rampant, and I often find myself lost in a seemingly endless sea of possibilities. I get lost in my own head, often not being able to find the keys that are already in my pocket. I'm quick witted and feel that I have a poisoned tongue. In arguments I always seem to find the weakest point and expose it. If I am an INFP I think I'm one of those hopelessly jaded ones who traded their idealism for cynicism long ago.
    Cognitive Process
    Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
    extraverted Sensing (Se)*
    **************************(24.6)
    average use
    introverted Sensing (Si)*
    *********************(19.3)
    limited use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne)*
    ************************************************(4 6.9)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni)*
    ***********************************************(45 .8)
    excellent use
    extraverted Thinking (Te)*
    **************(12.3)
    unused
    introverted Thinking (Ti)*
    ***************************(25.7)
    average use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe)*
    ***************************(25.8)
    average use
    introverted Feeling (Fi)*
    *****************************************(39.8)
    excellent use

This was taken several months ago on a late night while avoiding working on a paper that was due the next day. I took it again (forgot to save the results) and things were basically the same. Ne ended up somewhere around 54, Te was 31, Fi/Fe/Te dropped a bit.

Stuff of note about myself: In college I study cognitive science. I have a strong interest in philosophy, particularly existentialism. Socrates, Kierkegaard, Nietzsche, and Camus are my favorite philosophers. My grades are entirely linked to my mood at the time. I lie all the time to people if I know I can get away with it. Not on things that really matter, just the little things to make life less mundane. I read a book, Chaotic Cognition, and strongly identified with the theories it presented. Chaos generally is something that appeals to me. Doing tasks in a regimented, structured fashion gets to me. Neil Gaiman's Sandman was the most moving thing I have ever read. I don't see myself as a people person, yet I am soft hearted. I'm quiet and reserved most of the time, and have great difficulty conveying exactly what is on my mind. I procrastinate until the last possible minute. I do term papers on the day they are due because I can't find any inspiration to do them otherwise. It always seem to work out in the end. I'm a vegetarian not because I believe killing animals is wrong, but because the thought of eating flesh disgusts me. I often find myself rebelling against authority, particularly systems that seem pointless. I have a terrible memory for details. Enneagram seems to always have 4 and 5 about even. I see myself as a 5w4. I think I'm beginning to ramble now. Thanks for reading this convoluted mess.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I'm no expert, but from the looks of it you seem to be on the INFP side of the scale.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by valentine View Post
    Lurked here for months, finally getting around to posting. Being completely clueless when it comes to myself, I'm questioning my type. INFP, INTP, and ENTP descriptions all have parts I identify with. The only things I am sure of are my N and P. I am extremely shy so I think that messes with the E/I dynamic. I can't really distinguish between my F/T, they seem too related to me. I test as an INFP a vast majority of the time, and INTP at other times. My intuition runs rampant, and I often find myself lost in a seemingly endless sea of possibilities. I get lost in my own head, often not being able to find the keys that are already in my pocket. I'm quick witted and feel that I have a poisoned tongue. In arguments I always seem to find the weakest point and expose it. If I am an INFP I think I'm one of those hopelessly jaded ones who traded their idealism for cynicism long ago.
    Cognitive Process
    Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
    extraverted Sensing (Se)*
    **************************(24.6)
    average use
    introverted Sensing (Si)*
    *********************(19.3)
    limited use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne)*
    ************************************************(4 6.9)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni)*
    ***********************************************(45 .8)
    excellent use
    extraverted Thinking (Te)*
    **************(12.3)
    unused
    introverted Thinking (Ti)*
    ***************************(25.7)
    average use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe)*
    ***************************(25.8)
    average use
    introverted Feeling (Fi)*
    *****************************************(39.8)
    excellent use

This was taken several months ago on a late night while avoiding working on a paper that was due the next day. I took it again (forgot to save the results) and things were basically the same. Ne ended up somewhere around 54, Te was 31, Fi/Fe/Te dropped a bit.

Stuff of note about myself: In college I study cognitive science. I have a strong interest in philosophy, particularly existentialism. Socrates, Kierkegaard, Nietzsche, and Camus are my favorite philosophers. My grades are entirely linked to my mood at the time. I lie all the time to people if I know I can get away with it. Not on things that really matter, just the little things to make life less mundane. I read a book, Chaotic Cognition, and strongly identified with the theories it presented. Chaos generally is something that appeals to me. Doing tasks in a regimented, structured fashion gets to me. Neil Gaiman's Sandman was the most moving thing I have ever read. I don't see myself as a people person, yet I am soft hearted. I'm quiet and reserved most of the time, and have great difficulty conveying exactly what is on my mind. I procrastinate until the last possible minute. I do term papers on the day they are due because I can't find any inspiration to do them otherwise. It always seem to work out in the end. I'm a vegetarian not because I believe killing animals is wrong, but because the thought of eating flesh disgusts me. I often find myself rebelling against authority, particularly systems that seem pointless. I have a terrible memory for details. Enneagram seems to always have 4 and 5 about even. I see myself as a 5w4. I think I'm beginning to ramble now. Thanks for reading this convoluted mess.
    ENFP

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I don't think you can be properly typed from the information you have provided. MBTI is based on how you think, more than how you seem to act (your actions are just byproducts of thought). You can still be roughly typed by your actions, but only you will know how you truly think. I also find cognitive functions test to be a pretty big waste of time, unless you can truly understand all of the questions, and have a wide array of self knowledge at your disposal, you won't conclude very much with it.

Quick Questions:
    Have you ever found yourself willingly teaching others, to improve them?
    If someone asks you to skip a lecture to be with them, do you do it?
    Have you ever just 'moved on' from a friendship, or do you stick by your friends?
    If you need to use the phone, and someone else needs to use the phone, what would you do?
    Do you feel that nobody loved/nurtured you enough when you were young?
    If I have an awesome level of 5, what would you consider your awesome level to be?
    How many people can you be your true self around?
    Do you ever find yourself barracking for the underdog?
    If a large group of party animals came into your house and started talking to you about your favourite topic, would you be agitated?
    When a child purposely keeps hitting you will a ball in public, would you yell at them?
    If I told you that you have the prettiest avatar that I've ever seen on the internet, how would you feel?
    Have you ever felt older than other people of your own age?
    5 3 9

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

ENFP
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILI

Thanks for the replies so far.

Only on rare occasions. I find that I am not the best teacher.
    Sure, lectures aren't that important anyway.
    Have you ever just 'moved on' from a friendship, or do you stick by your friends?
    I tend to stick by my friends.
    If you need to use the phone, and someone else needs to use the phone, what would you do?
    They could use it first, I'm patient.
    Nope, my childhood was pretty ideal.
    If I have an awesome level of 5, what would you consider your awesome level to be?
    In this case awesome would have to be defined, unless you were clearly lying about being awesome level 5, and I could tell. At that point I'd likely start to try and undermine you in some way. If I had to arbitrarily pick I'd go with 7. I like 7s

Once I get to know people I don't mind being my true self. Around most people I'm guarded.

Constantly.
    If a large group of party animals came into your house and started talking to you about your favourite topic, would you be agitated?
    If they did enough research to find out what my favorite topics were I don't think I'd mind it.
    When a child purposely keeps hitting you will a ball in public, would you yell at them?
    Not at all. If the child was being playful I'd go along with it. If they were just acting like a brat I'd toss the ball in the other direction and smile.
    If I told you that you have the prettiest avatar that I've ever seen on the internet, how would you feel?
    I'd be glad that someone else can appreciate 16-bit ninjas from obscure videogames.
    Always, but then again people always tell me I act like a kid.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by valentine View Post
    Thanks for the replies so far.

Only on rare occasions. I find that I am not the best teacher.
    Sure, lectures aren't that important anyway.
    I tend to stick by my friends.
    They could use it first, I'm patient.
    Nope, my childhood was pretty ideal.
    In this case awesome would have to be defined, unless you were clearly lying about being awesome level 5, and I could tell. At that point I'd likely start to try and undermine you in some way. If I had to arbitrarily pick I'd go with 7. I like 7s

Once I get to know people I don't mind being my true self. Around most people I'm guarded.

Constantly.
    If they did enough research to find out what my favorite topics were I don't think I'd mind it.
    Not at all. If the child was being playful I'd go along with it. If they were just acting like a brat I'd toss the ball in the other direction and smile.
    I'd be glad that someone else can appreciate 16-bit ninjas from obscure videogames.
    Always, but then again people always tell me I act like a kid.
    I'd say you're an INTP from those answers, well, at least you're definitely not an F, and I highly doubt ENFP. I think some of my questions needed adjustments though.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    I'd say you're an INTP from those answers, well, at least you're definitely not an F, and I highly doubt ENFP. I think some of my questions needed adjustments though.
    Why do say that?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

You might be confused over T/F because you're an enneagram 5w4, and 5w4 is a common INTP type. INFPs have it too. But that may make you lean more toward the T side when it comes to behavior (since enneagram is about behavior for the most part).

Personally I think you're an F. Look at your Fi scores! You're definitely INFP. Plus I get that vibe from you.

One thing to do is disprove that you're an INFP.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

INFPs often test INTP...I do also. Especially with your interests and being an enneagram 5, no surprise you test thinking sometimes. Many tests measure feeling according to Fe, not Fi.

Your posts in here say INFP to me, and you seem like a feeler.
    Just keep reading up info, comparing yourself to other types (outside of profiles, since a lot of INFP profiles make us seem "fluffy"), and go with your gut.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe