First 12

Thread: clueless xNxP

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILI

I question that infp is right, because it seems that Ne is the most dominate function I have in the way that I experience things. My mind almost never stops jumping around. I seldom do things in conventional ways. I tend to see patterns in basically everything. I notice I don't see myself as an extrovert, and don't score even close to being one on most tests, yet those are the only ones with dominate Ne. infp might be close, but I'm not much of a harmonizer. I do have seemingly impossible standards that people don't live up to though. I tend to think that people on a whole are selfish and only out for themselves. I detest organizations that try to control people. I don't see how man could ever try to justify his control over his/her fellow man. Elected officials offend me, I don't think that anyone is qualified to make decisions for me. I tend to be quite nihilistic as a whole.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by valentine View Post
    I question that infp is right, because it seems that Ne is the most dominate function I have in the way that I experience things. My mind almost never stops jumping around. I seldom do things in conventional ways. I tend to see patterns in basically everything. I notice I don't see myself as an extrovert, and don't score even close to being one on most tests, yet those are the only ones with dominate Ne. infp might be close, but I'm not much of a harmonizer. I do have seemingly impossible standards that people don't live up to though. I tend to think that people on a whole are selfish and only out for themselves. I detest organizations that try to control people. I don't see how man could ever try to justify his control over his/her fellow man. Elected officials offend me, I don't think that anyone is qualified to make decisions for me. I tend to be quite nihilistic as a whole.

Much of that sounds INFP-ish. We're not all sunshine and bunnies. INFPs often have a cynical side from their idealistic notions being so far from reality. Harmonizing can mean we're trying to bring our ideals into the current world which may offend our lofty standards. In that sense, we have power to make the world a better place.

You could very well be ENFP though, if you feel that Ne is your dominant function. Maybe you're a shy ENFP. Social anxiety and introversion are often confused.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILI

Thanks, everyone, for the help. It is helping me sift through my thoughts a bit. infp might be right after all, I just don't agree with a few things. The whole ESTJ shadow for instance, and the happy cheery part (which everyone says is exaggerated). What resonated the most to me was turning into a staunch defender if a principle was violated. I tend to act completely arrogant when on the attack or lashing out, as a way of making sure that my view is well known. That doesn't seem to fit in. Does anyone have a link to a better profile? I'm no Mr.Rodgers.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Why do say that?
    It was based on a whim I think... I was quite tired at the time .
    I reviewed the answers, and realized that they all line up with INFP. I just thought it seemed really INTP like, and I should keep in mind that I haven't really confirmed any INFPs IRL... ... how F of me... The answers are actually very INFP, they weren't very straight answers though.

I think INFPs can see their Ne much more clearly than their Fi, it's probably hard to tell which is dominant given that Ne stands out so well. I doubt the extroversion from the previous answers, but it certainly is possible. It'd be good to try to be rid of social anxiety anyway, so it probably wouldn't hurt to practice it a little
    5 3 9

Lurked here for months, finally getting around to posting. Being completely clueless when it comes to myself, I'm questioning my type. INFP, INTP, and ENTP descriptions all have parts I identify with. The only things I am sure of are my N and P. I am extremely shy so I think that messes with the E/I dynamic. I can't really distinguish between my F/T, they seem too related to me. I test as an INFP a vast majority of the time, and INTP at other times. My intuition runs rampant, and I often find myself lost in a seemingly endless sea of possibilities. I get lost in my own head, often not being able to find the keys that are already in my pocket. [B]I'm quick witted and feel that I have a poisoned tongue. In arguments I always seem to find the weakest point and expose it]. If I am an INFP I think I'm one of those hopelessly jaded ones who traded their idealism for cynicism long ago.
    This was taken several months ago on a late night while avoiding working on a paper that was due the next day. I took it again (forgot to save the results) and things were basically the same. Ne ended up somewhere around 54, Te was 31, Fi/Fe/Te dropped a bit.

Stuff of note about myself: In college I study cognitive science. I have a strong interest in philosophy, particularly existentialism. Socrates, Kierkegaard, Nietzsche, and Camus are my favorite philosophers. My grades are entirely linked to my mood at the time. I lie[B] all the time to people if I know I can get away with it. Not on things that really matter, just the little things to make life less mundane.[/B] I read a book, Chaotic Cognition, and strongly identified with the theories it presented. Chaos generally is something that appeals to me. Doing tasks in a regimented, structured fashion gets to me. Neil Gaiman's Sandman was the most moving thing I have ever read. I don't see myself as a people person, yet I am soft hearted. I'm quiet and reserved most of the time, and have great difficulty conveying exactly what is on my mind. I procrastinate until the last possible minute. I do term papers on the day they are due because I can't find any inspiration to do them otherwise. It always seem to work out in the end. I'm a vegetarian not because I believe killing animals is wrong, but because the thought of eating flesh disgusts me. I [B]often find myself rebelling against authority, particularly systems that seem pointless. I have a terrible memory for details.[/B] Enneagram seems to always have 4 and 5 about even. I see myself as a 5w4. I think I'm beginning to ramble now. Thanks for reading this convoluted mess.
    ENTP

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILI

After reflecting, I think that I am a infp. I just play dress up as a entp when stressed/bored.