• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFP/ISFP & T mixture?

Vika

MBTI Type
INFP
I feel like I'm both INFP and ISFP based on these two descriptions I found, they both describe me exactly:

myersbriggs.org said:
ISFP
Quiet, friendly, sensitive, and kind. Enjoy the present moment, what’s going on around them. Like to have their own space and to work within their own time frame. Loyal and committed to their values and to people who are important to them. Dislike disagreements and conflicts, do not force their opinions or values on others.

INFP
Idealistic, loyal to their values and to people who are important to them. Want an external life that is congruent with their values. Curious, quick to see possibilities, can be catalysts for implementing ideas. Seek to understand people and to help them fulfill their potential. Adaptable, flexible, and accepting unless a value is threatened.

I mean, even in the detailed descriptions of Sensing and Intuition I find that I have a combination of both, and often have internal conflict because of this... is this normal? I'm confused now.

I other one I'm confused with is Thinking, I'll usually start off "Thinking" and end up going with "feeling" in just about any situation... so I'm aware of the logic, the pros and cons, but I choose to ignore them? Does that make me an F?

heart

heart on fire
Which do you tend to trust more, the flashes inspiration or what your senses are telling you right now?

How comfortable are you dwelling on the nature of good and evil? Do you yearn to understand the dual nature of good and evil as deeply as possible?

Vika

MBTI Type
INFP
I'll typically ignore what my senses are telling me and go with the most powerful emotion I feel in that moment

I'm very comfortable with dwelling on nature of good and evil, and I do enjoy trying to understand the two, but more so evil, I have a fascination with trying to understand the type of people society might label as "evil"

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do you prefer conversations relevant to the present, that are practical and literal, which cover the topic in a linear manner; or, do you prefer conversations about more abstract things, ideas, concepts, possibilities, and philosophical analysis of the past and future?

The key word is prefer. We all partake in each, and intuitives often yield to sensors's preferences in conversation, but if you had to choose, which sounds more interesting? Which would make you get bored more quickly?

Vika

MBTI Type
INFP
Yeah I think I am INFP I do prefer "more abstract things, ideas, concepts, possibilities, and philosophical analysis of the past and future"

and from the 4 descriptions posted above, INFP is what I relate to, and in the Functional Analysis part says INFP utilize some of the SJ and T, from what I understood

Vika

MBTI Type
INFP
ok this is annoying, I took another test and I got INFJ instead of INTP

HollyGolightly

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Don't pay too much attention to the tests...just use them as a rough indicator. And don't go on just the descriptions. I did that and then I was confused as to whether I was an ISFJ or an INFJ. Have a look at the functions, it can help :)

Sensing :tend to be more concrete than abstract. They focus their attention on the details rather than the big picture, and on immediate realities rather than future possibilities .

Intuition:tend to be more abstract than concrete. They focus their attention on the big picture rather than the details, and on future possibilities rather than immediate realities

Thinking: tend to rely on objective criteria rather than personal values. When making decisions, they generally give more weight to logic than to social considerations

Feeling:tend to value personal considerations above objective criteria. When making decisions, they often give more weight to social implications than to logic.

INFP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
ISFP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Have a look at the cognitive functions also.

Note that you use both sensing and intuition, it's just that one side is more dominant so you have a preference for that one (from the sounds of it, it seems that you have a preference for intuition). The same goes for thinking and feeling. During difficult decisions your thinking and feelings sides will be conflicting...but you will usually end up using the one you have a stronger preference for.