User Tag List

First 12

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post

If you really want to know for sure, ask how he feels about your relationship. You'll see it clearly then.
    Could you elaborate on this part? Do NFs or Fs in general always have a good sense of the temperature of their relationships and how they feel about it? I know if you ever asked me that question my brain would be stunned and I'd have to get back to you. I could imagine myself saying "Uhh...well it's nice and we have fun."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Could you elaborate on this part? Do NFs or Fs in general always have a good sense of the temperature of their relationships and how they feel about it? I know if you ever asked me that question my brain would be stunned and I'd have to get back to you.
    They may have a good sense of how they feel about the relationship, but they may not be able to articulate it well. My brother just gets quiet and uncomfortable in those "let's talk about our relationship" discussions, according to his ENFJ girlfriend. If jenocyde meant in trying to spot Fe vs. Fi, I agree.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Could you elaborate on this part? Do NFs or Fs in general always have a good sense of the temperature of their relationships and how they feel about it? I know if you ever asked me that question my brain would be stunned and I'd have to get back to you. I could imagine myself saying "Uhh...well it's nice and we have fun."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    They may have a good sense of how they feel about the relationship, but they may not be able to articulate it well. My brother just gets quiet and uncomfortable in those "let's talk about our relationship" discussions, according to his ENFJ girlfriend. If jenocyde meant in trying to spot Fe vs. Fi, I agree.
    Mostly it was tongue in cheek but I meant more about his word choices. When people ask me what I feel about something, I generally say "I think..." rather than "I feel..." I don't use dramatic, emotionally charged words either. The question doesn't have to be about the relationship, but it should be about something that matters personally to him. The more in depth, the better, I think.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Mostly it was tongue in cheek but I meant more about his word choices. When people ask me what I feel about something, I generally say "I think..." rather than "I feel..." I don't use dramatic, emotionally charged words either. The question doesn't have to be about the relationship, but it should be about something that matters personally to him. The more in depth, the better, I think.
    I always use "I think" too. The "I feel" is reserved for special occasions/topics with special people. Same with the emotionally charged words.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

well...that may be true for lauren's brother but i was of the opinion we were pretty articulate when it came to our feelings on a subject we cared about and especially interpersonal relationships...it's what we do, right?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    well...that may be true for lauren's brother but i was of the opinion we were pretty articulate when it came to our feelings on a subject we cared about and especially interpersonal relationships...it's what we do, right?
    Lady X, tell me how you feel about TypeC? Do you love the friends you have here? Do you feel a sense of attachment to this place?

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    Hmm, I had always assumed that this was the case for feelers. Since I immediately can tell you what I think about a variety of topics or situations because I spend most of my mental activity thinking and developing those thoughts, I figured feelers generally spend a similar amount of time examining their feelings about ideas, people, relationships, and topics so therefore they'd more easily be able to express those feelings.

I could be way off though, lately I've been examining how much I have been projecting individual traits into typology frameworks for explanation, which I don't think they're capable of doing, so this may be one of those instances.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Lady X, tell me how you feel about TypeC? Do you love the friends you have here? Do you feel a sense of attachment to this place?

well i could go into bs mode if i had to i guess but my point was something you were passionate about....we get very wordy when we're in that mode. i just thought an enfp would likely feel pretty passionate about his/her relationship and tell you all about it if you asked.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison