• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help me type some people?

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
#1: She's the best storyteller I know, and I idolized her somewhat in the past for her great sense of distilling and communicating humor and direct style. Journalism major (and a fairly good fiction writer too!) . She's very good at socializing with people even though she doesn't realize it; she thinks she is too blunt to get along with people long term. Very wry and self-depreciating.

Most bold person I know (but that is because I am very timid and know lots of timid people). I really admire her ability to do what she's interested in doing- signing up for internships, joining writing contests, becoming a rower, etc. She gets what she wants cause she puts her all into it.

What does annoy me is that she's sort of a drama queen. She's obsessed somewhat with being "normal" or with making her life story and everything that happens to her into a dramatic/comedic cliche- fitting it into the mold of archetypical situations she's seen in books/ on TV. Which is all well and entertaining, but sometimes I really resent being jerked around by the exaggerated emotional displays (when I can't tell if she even really *cares*). I can't really see make her see how great she is without having to try so hard.

As for her obsession with "fitting in"/"standing out", she even got a nose job to my great surprise! She says she feels a lot of social anxiety. (Used to be OCD.) Very uncomfortable with displays of affection (hugs, etc).

wolfy

awsm
Lets try the process of elimination.
E*FP?

E and P what do you think?

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
#2: He's the most caring person I know. Sometimes I even wonder if it's genuine- it seems like it would be a lot of work to care about so many people. But you tell people appreciate it because he has friends everywhere. He listens like you're the only person in the world.

Sort of jaded about life overall when he talks about it.

Really believes/wants to believe in true love. I think that's what he wants most in life (but who doesn't). He openly says he really desires to become a dad one day.

He's kind of aloof. Talks about his own (probably painful) personal experiences in this sort of "shit happens" sort of way while being incredibly vague about the details. Talks about dumb impulsive stuff he does sometimes too (stealing things, other dumb group male-bonding stuff); he doesn't seem to think much about it though. His fewer-words approach really tries me sometimes, and I've had to learn to just let things lie and trust in the implied content of a conversation (and voice inflection/body language) rather than go back and try and ask about every single thing.

Very indepedent and has been capable of taking care of himself financially from a young age. Seems to have a hard time with knowing his own limits of stress though and gets very very sick from not watching out for his health more.

Big anime fan, plays video games, loves Korean movies (both sappy romantic and crazy actiony).

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Lets try the process of elimination.
E*FP?

E and P what do you think?

I think she's definitely an E. While she's a little neurotic and analyzing, overall she's really great at reacting and has said that she's primarily interested in the *doing* of the world (the external).

P? She's very perceptive and can be very scathing- and I guess that's how she *describes* things so well. I don't know how to decifer that from the fact that she seems to have a nebulous "master plan" on how and where to end up in the world, though (even if the specifics change often) and is pretty driven.

F? I'd say she's socially astute. She's very capable of playing the social game, but she tends to be clever iconoclast instead and expresses exactly what she thinks/feels about a situation. Kind of snarky. She's probably not an Fe type as I never see her taking care of other people and their emotions. (She does frequently say I'm "tactless", but that probably is true. She appears to be entertained/delighted by my "tactlessness"/lack-of-social-finesse rather than appalled, however.)

Additional side info: She's very proud of her Trivial Pursuit skills. And she should be. We compete to test our pop culture knowledge sometimes (overall she's got me beat, but sometimes I get the luck of the draw).

wolfy

awsm
*STP because of the Fe and the way it's expressed.

Maybe...

INTPatricia

MBTI Type
intj
#1: She's the best storyteller I know, and I idolized her somewhat in the past for her great sense of distilling and communicating humor and direct style. Journalism major (and a fairly good fiction writer too!) . She's very good at socializing with people even though she doesn't realize it; she thinks she is too blunt to get along with people long term. Very wry and self-depreciating.

Most bold person I know (but that is because I am very timid and know lots of timid people). I really admire her ability to do what she's interested in doing- signing up for internships, joining writing contests, becoming a rower, etc. She gets what she wants cause she puts her all into it.

What does annoy me is that she's sort of a drama queen. She's obsessed somewhat with being "normal" or with making her life story and everything that happens to her into a dramatic/comedic cliche- fitting it into the mold of archetypical situations she's seen in books/ on TV. Which is all well and entertaining, but sometimes I really resent being jerked around by the exaggerated emotional displays (when I can't tell if she even really *cares*). I can't really see make her see how great she is without having to try so hard.

As for her obsession with "fitting in"/"standing out", she even got a nose job to my great surprise! She says she feels a lot of social anxiety. (Used to be OCD.) Very uncomfortable with displays of affection (hugs, etc).

Does she do drama when she is drinking or straight? Sounds ENTP to me.

INTPatricia

MBTI Type
intj
#2: He's the most caring person I know. Sometimes I even wonder if it's genuine- it seems like it would be a lot of work to care about so many people. But you tell people appreciate it because he has friends everywhere. He listens like you're the only person in the world.

Sort of jaded about life overall when he talks about it.

Really believes/wants to believe in true love. I think that's what he wants most in life (but who doesn't). He openly says he really desires to become a dad one day.

He's kind of aloof. Talks about his own (probably painful) personal experiences in this sort of "shit happens" sort of way while being incredibly vague about the details. Talks about dumb impulsive stuff he does sometimes too (stealing things, other dumb group male-bonding stuff); he doesn't seem to think much about it though. His fewer-words approach really tries me sometimes, and I've had to learn to just let things lie and trust in the implied content of a conversation (and voice inflection/body language) rather than go back and try and ask about every single thing.

Very indepedent and has been capable of taking care of himself financially from a young age. Seems to have a hard time with knowing his own limits of stress though and gets very very sick from not watching out for his health more.

Big anime fan, plays video games, loves Korean movies (both sappy romantic and crazy actiony).

isfp?

D

Dali

#1 Thought it was ENTP at first but after you posted further, it seems like ENTP is more likely.
#2 ISFP

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Does she do drama when she is drinking or straight? Sounds ENTP to me.

Hmm. I think it's more obvious when she's drinking, but isn't everyone? But it's present when she's completely sober.

*STP because of the Fe and the way it's expressed.

Maybe...

#1 Thought it was ENTP at first but after you posted further, it seems like ENTP is more likely.

I guess the general consensis is ExTP, leaning towards ENTP. Yeah, now that you mention it wolfy, I do sort of see the Fe in my description.

Thanks for answering you guys. It's nice to have people to bounce ideas off of.

I guess the I and F is obvious, but what makes you guys think Fi(and Se) over Fe? Is there a general way to tell, you think?