User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: Type me.

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    938

    Default Type me.

    E-I
    I am overly talkative and dependent. But I spend most of the in front of the time computer though in company of forum members and stuff. When around strangers and everyone I don't trust completely I am extremely withdrawn and sometimes have a hard time replying to questions, especially if a quick answer is expected. I feel E suits my soul more but I constantly act like an I. I would describe it like that: I have to meet, and I usually meet one at a time. I am very likely to talk to people if I know something about them which is why I love social networks.

    S-N
    I generally have more fun using my intuition but I don't use it all the time. I enjoy fantasising and I have lots of ideas but when working with other people involved I act like an SP. I ask for tasks and then I do them. I usually give it to others later then. I'm occupied with the present rather than the future. I am much of a pragmatic, I think it's better to do something now rather than trusting forecasts. I dislike unrealistic thoughts like those you have to do in maths sometimes. I prefer thoughts I can emotionally relate to, be it realistic or not.

    T-F
    I am realistic and I don't care about morality. I do what I want to achieve something. I am objective and impartial, I try to avoid unnecessary beef. But I am also very empathetic and understanding. I think things are relative and you have to consider every opinion, especially the emotional ones. I live out my emotions excessively, and I am not interested in intellectual thoughts that I can't emotionally relate to. I prefer telling the truth to being tactful because I am never offended. I value justice but only if the conditions are acceptable. (Don't imprison thieves.)

    J-P
    I prepare myself emotionally rather than preparing what to say. I prefer things to be finished because I am still occupied with them if they aren't. This only holds true if I am responsible. Otherwise I couldn't care less. I am a perfectionist which is why I prefer to keep things open as long as possible while I value finished things as well because I can adapt to them. I prefer making lists rather than deciding what to do next. If I have stopped caring I easily finish something without it being really finished. I avoid obligations and stop things impulsively if I can't stand them anymore. I am more enthusiastic than serious. I rarely decide things. I rather think about the decision and don't decide if I don't feel totally sure about it.

    So maybe you could explain which functions correspond to what I've described.

  2. #2
    Ruler of the Stars Asterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,334

    Default

    I take it you're questioning your I versus E, right? I think you're probably not supremely Introverted, but it's still there. Introverts can be very talkative too, they just tend to be right more often I think - I'm not incredibly certain about this though.

    E versus I:
    Introverts think more before they talk, they take longer to answer things than extroverts. Extroverts just say whatever comes into their heads... and then realize that they've just made a dirty remark . I think there are multiple theories on this or something, but what I've gathered is this:
    Introvert: think, act, reflect
    extrovert: act, reflect, act

    There is also a thread titled ENFP vs INFP (or something like that), in this sub-forum slot that could help you sort it out.
    5 3 9

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    I take it you're questioning your I versus E, right? I think you're probably not supremely Introverted, but it's still there. Introverts can be very talkative too, they just tend to be right more often I think - I'm not incredibly certain about this though.

    E versus I:
    Introverts think more before they talk, they take longer to answer things than extroverts. Extroverts just say whatever comes into their heads... and then realize that they've just made a dirty remark . I think there are multiple theories on this or something, but what I've gathered is this:
    Introvert: think, act, reflect
    extrovert: act, reflect, act

    There is also a thread titled ENFP vs INFP (or something like that), in this sub-forum slot that could help you sort it out.
    I will look into that.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Chloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hommefatal View Post
    E-I
    I am overly talkative and dependent. But I spend most of the in front of the time computer though in company of forum members and stuff. When around strangers and everyone I don't trust completely I am extremely withdrawn and sometimes have a hard time replying to questions, especially if a quick answer is expected. I feel E suits my soul more but I constantly act like an I. I would describe it like that: I have to meet, and I usually meet one at a time. I am very likely to talk to people if I know something about them which is why I love social networks.

    I think you're an I...
    because of bolded..
    first bolded part is very unlikely for ENFPs, I think, I think all ENFPs are very talkative when first meet someone. I'm actually the loudest at first.


    second bolded part could suggest you are connecting over F, that's why it's easier to you if you know something about person....

    your "E suits your soul" may be just NF part who is sociable and is people-oriented, so... you maybe mixing that 2 up? extroversion and people-oriented needs.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    938

    Default

    My stress behaviour also varies. When feeling threatened I am normally like "I will kill you all" and when feeling busy I am normally like "Oh my god, everybody will hate me if I don't manage it".

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    I think you're an I...
    because of bolded..
    first bolded part is very unlikely for ENFPs, I think, I think all ENFPs are very talkative when first meet someone. I'm actually the loudest at first.


    second bolded part could suggest you are connecting over F, that's why it's easier to you if you know something about person....

    your "E suits your soul" may be just NF part who is sociable and is people-oriented, so... you maybe mixing that 2 up? extroversion and people-oriented needs.
    Yeah. I feel better when I act extrovertedly, I feel like I am not me if I act introvertedly. I used to be very extroverted when I was a bit younger but the most people I meet are very prejudiced. That's why I'm anxious.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    938

    Default

    I've taken the functions test again and it suggested ENFP with INFP and ESFP being an alternative. Definitely FP dominant.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Chloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,204

    Default

    I spoke to one "professional" (works with MBTI for 20 yrs), this is how she said to know if you're INFP or ENFP (OH, it's important to know your enneagram as well for this).

    1. do you like small talk with people you don't know, have no interest in topics? (do you get drained by small talk, ENFPs don't INFPs do. She says!)
    2. if you have something like ADD ENFP is much more likely, she said that then it's 100% ENFP. (this is in my case, ennea 3, am not sure about other enneagram types)

  9. #9
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Ouh, du bist ne harte Nuss, so weit wie ich das bisher gesehen hab. Ich glaube du hast andere Probleme als eine mbti Kappeshausen Persönlichkeit herauszufinden. Ich würd dich als entp oder enfp einschätzen aber wie gesagt, du solltest dich nicht in sone psychokacke flüchten, wenn es dir nicht gut geht. Man muss hier teilweise, speziell mit den Amerikanern sehr stark sein, denn wenn du gerade dein beispielweise enfp Kartenhaus aufgebaut hast, kommt ein Anderer und pustet es weg, indem er sagt du seist xyz.

    Vielleicht siehst du das Anders aber ich bin davon überzeugt, diese Seite braucht eine starke Persönlichkeit von Anfang an um mit ihr klarzukommen.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Ouh, du bist ne harte Nuss, so weit wie ich das bisher gesehen hab. Ich glaube du hast andere Probleme als eine mbti Kappeshausen Persönlichkeit herauszufinden. Ich würd dich als entp oder enfp einschätzen aber wie gesagt, du solltest dich nicht in sone psychokacke flüchten, wenn es dir nicht gut geht. Man muss hier teilweise, speziell mit den Amerikanern sehr stark sein, denn wenn du gerade dein beispielweise enfp Kartenhaus aufgebaut hast, kommt ein Anderer und pustet es weg, indem er sagt du seist xyz.

    Vielleicht siehst du das Anders aber ich bin davon überzeugt, diese Seite braucht eine starke Persönlichkeit von Anfang an um mit ihr klarzukommen.
    haha. Mir geht es gut. Ich bin bloß sehr emotional und beeinflussbar. Und normalerweise gefällt mir das auch so.

Similar Threads

  1. How would you type me as a child?
    By Kiddo in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-13-2014, 05:14 PM
  2. Blah, type me...
    By runvardh in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-30-2008, 06:05 PM
  3. Enneagram-type me!
    By Haphazard in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 08-18-2008, 10:41 PM
  4. Type Me (New and Improved With Marmite Flavour!)
    By Tigerlily in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 240
    Last Post: 07-25-2008, 12:46 AM
  5. First post- please help type me!
    By Annuit Coeptis in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-21-2008, 03:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO