User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Default I make it brief this time

So after I found out that I am not a jerk but rather estj and after I then crawled back to the "least of all evils" namely entp, I am gonna settle for entj.

I am a socionics believer and what bugged me the most for the whole year now, is that Socionics does describe my relationship to my infj in a way, which is not true. Therefore either my type or hers is wrong. Due to me being better at typing others than myself and being convinced she is a socionics infj, I now go for socionics entj for myself.

I am convinced that I am convinced about nothing. And I am convinced that all of my efforts on getting things settled or straight with my feeling about a type decision, concerning an insane type system, will eventually result in a mental illness.

Therefore I am setteling things here and now and for all times. So I may find peace someday, cause there is nothing which would suck more than an idea you cant identify with. Is there ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

You are settling things 'here and now' so you may find peace 'someday'?

Just an observation, no offence
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Thats an expression needed to convince yourself of something. As in putting a gun to your back of your head to finally get something settled, you were never in conflict with, but seemed to got in conflict with over the course of never being in conflict with it.

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Perhaps it is best to recognize that we all have all of the tendencies and that you could very well be a nearly 'balanced' type. What would be wrong with that? Embrace the fact that you are ALL of those things!

My running belief is that balance of all the 8 letters / X functions should be the end-goal of learning this system anyway. In the end, I hope not to be able to label myself as any of the types.
    Embrace the possibilities.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Have you taken a function test? Some have a function in their order that doesn't fit as far as a perfect type. For example, mine is Ni setting between Ne and Ti/Fi. Nothin i can do about it.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Misty_Mountain_Rose View Post
    Perhaps it is best to recognize that we all have all of the tendencies and that you could very well be a nearly 'balanced' type. What would be wrong with that? Embrace the fact that you are ALL of those things!

My running belief is that balance of all the 8 letters / X functions should be the end-goal of learning this system anyway. In the end, I hope not to be able to label myself as any of the types.
    The end goal was never to find out who I am. Cause that I know for 25 years. I am trying to blend in and there are no half-truths in the system and furthermore I hate half-truths, therefore I am saying its entj now. With that I confirm the system, am happy and things are settled. I dont know how to deal with this type shit any other way and I dont wonder why its banned in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    Have you taken a function test? Some have a function in their order that doesn't fit as far as a perfect type. For example, mine is Ni setting between Ne and Ti/Fi. Nothin i can do about it.
    I took functions tests, long before you were born

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I dont know how to deal with this type shit any other way and I dont wonder why its banned in Europe.
    What's banned in Europe? MBTI? Really?

I took functions tests, long before you were born
    Well, maybe you should take it again .. functions may change a bit over the years.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

lol ya thanks, but I know my functions without tests.

To be precise, its not banned but its rejected. In Europe they think it could lead to many people who are not cut out for the topic of psychology to try themselves on it otherwise. Furthermore they think its based on self-asumptions, which could lead one to create an alienated image of onself.

I would comment on that one with: case proven

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    To be precise, its not banned but its rejected. In Europe they think it could lead to many people who are not cut out for the topic of psychology to try themselves on it otherwise. Furthermore they think its based on self-asumptions, which could lead one to create an alienated image of onself.

It's stupid, kinda... because you can say the same for diagnosing personality disorders, like BPD, schizoid etc. people can "create an alienated image of oneself"... and it's even worse because types are mostly positive, they accept people's as different and not disordered...
    it should be accepted but restricted only for professionals;psychiatrists and psychologists

I would comment on that one with: case proven
    yeah, i noticed also some negative effects, but for now positive are way better than negative.
    except that in the last 1 month since i found out about MBTI ; I procrastinated every single thing without limits, but with style at least ... and so

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Ya you can have it like you want and I wont ruin your enthusiasm, cause in the end I believe in the wisdom that everyone has to find out for himself about the things he holds dearest.

And as long as you know yourself, you will have nothing to fear of mbti . I am most of the times thinking far in the future and painting things bad and picking on what possibly can go wrong.

To see a real believer tho, can be sometimes an elightnment.