• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

NF in denial?

VinceBaker

MBTI Type
INTJ
Well, I'm kinda in shock at the moment.

I just administered the Keresy test to my best friend and found out he's an SP.

WHAT!?

I've read all about the Artisan types and he's almost nothing like them. Sure he's a bit spontaneous, and he likes to have fun, but he can't live in the moment any better than I can and he cares too much. I'm not saying that SP are bad, just that he's gotta be NF.

Let me paint a picture for you:

At school, he was the guy everyone knew. Not "knew of" but knew personally. SP's do this sometimes, but he actually cared deeper than people knew. To me, that screams NF. So am I wrong? Or is he in denial about himself? Or am I just bad at giving the test out of a book? Someone tell me.

Snow Turtle

You'll have to provide more information on him. Otherwise it's possible that he's an SFP.

G

garbage

F is F, no matter what perceiving function accompanies it.

hommefatal

NF in denial, that sounds like my mother. She always says I should act more conventionally because it's more peaceful. She thinks like "People in Africa are poor so you shouldn't be allowed to have a better life because that's unfair". And because poor people usually act conventionally she thinks acting differently is selfish. But behaviour is never selfish because it's inborn. She really denies her intuition because she thinks nobody should offend each other and thus going with the flow is better.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
You need a lot more information on him for us to give solid feedback.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I think you found out you are N and want him to be too. One of my good friends I found out is ISTJ. Yikes! (I grew up with istj's) But he is the same person, what does it matter?

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
Well, I'm kinda in shock at the moment.

I just administered the Keresy test to my best friend and found out he's an SP.

WHAT!?

I've read all about the Artisan types and he's almost nothing like them. Sure he's a bit spontaneous, and he likes to have fun, but he can't live in the moment any better than I can and he cares too much. I'm not saying that SP are bad, just that he's gotta be NF.

Let me paint a picture for you:

At school, he was the guy everyone knew. Not "knew of" but knew personally. SP's do this sometimes, but he actually cared deeper than people knew. To me, that screams NF. So am I wrong? Or is he in denial about himself? Or am I just bad at giving the test out of a book? Someone tell me.

Well my best friend also turned out to be an esfp. although i never thought he was an NF I can see how you could get confused between SF and NF, cause the esfp is quite caring and warmhearted, and very people oriented. The biggest difference is probably the communication style, and more than likely the level of intelligence. IMO the NF is going to be alot more on your level of intelligence and understanding. Also, the NF will probably show more interest in MBTI itself, the SP will probably not see much significance in it and shrug it off.