• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type my college professor!

Chloe

so, .. he is kinda nerdy. around 45. fat (pretty fat). he finished medicine but he teaches statistics and is very much into numbers. He's fascinated with silly equasions. He's kinda goofy, very nice and appears innocent, like peacefull, but (i think) he's def a T.
He tries really hard to connect to students, it's important to him, looks like he's somehow energized when he has contact with them, or if he feels he is working with students as pair. but still appears he could be I. (?!)
he has simple sense of humor, mostly about numbers and "how this forumla is just FASCINATING" :D

EDIT: i guess this is not enough info, right??? well.... that's all i have. :/

Well that's it.. ???

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Fat = ENFP
hahaha :D

I have no idea...it's kind of vague. I think we need more details. Something about your entire description says there is Fe in there someone.

Chloe

i don't know details, i only had him 5-6 times... .... :D

i said fat because he is so cute, like Santa Claus (he has brown hair but still), and goofy, but not deliberately - he is so nerdy and that makes him goofy, like he smiles in nerdy "short" way after saying something... giggles.

he sounds more T to me, but def has Fe...

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ That seems pretty good. He would have Fe then.
I thought maybe INFJ as well, since there's a possibility of him being an introvert, but she said he's a T. If he is a T, I don't see him being an introvert and coming off as silly & goofy.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
^ That seems pretty good. He would have Fe then.
I thought maybe INFJ as well, since there's a possibility of him being an introvert, but she said he's a T. If he is a T, I don't see him being an introvert and coming off as silly & goofy.

Yeah, that's part of the reason why I said ENTP, because of the apparent extroverted feeling.

Chloe

i dont think he's an N. He is very simple person, simple speach pattern and so.. i thought ISTP. Ti-Se-Fe seems right.
he is very perceptive about surrounding, remembers faces. pretty much "here and now". mechanical a bit, like fascinated with simple math equasions (.. okay, he had few good abstract ideas, but more S)

Okay thanks for opinions, obviously i dont know him enough to tell for sure ...

Chloe

hmm, i just remembered, he could be an N, probably.. he is prone to abstract thinking. but acts simple, friendly (?!?)
ENTP? Hm, but I aren't they like....... hm..... not-friendly?? (i don't know any in person). this one is too SOFT, never angry if we don't know something. don't expect much. and yes, he's always late on classes for about 20-25 minutes.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Any signs he's in touch with the physical world? Does he relate numbers to practical things, or is it all abstract theory?

ENTPs have tertiary Fe as well. However, I find them quite irritable, even if generally friendly & outgoing. ISTPs vary a lot with that too. I've met some with Fe like a ray of sunshine, and others are more cold & sarcastic.

Chloe

Hm.... he is in touch with physical world like he is pretty spatial oriented, notice when someone moves .... coordianted i guess....
and numbers... he mentioned few times fascination with some abstract ideas ... but he just talked about what he red... and yep, i think he mostly relates numbers to practical things...

well he is in his 50ies, so he could have tertiary function well developed right?
i mean, if he is ISTP that's the only way to connect to students during class.. hm..

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
hmm, i just remembered, he could be an N, probably.. he is prone to abstract thinking. but acts simple, friendly (?!?)
ENTP? Hm, but I aren't they like....... hm..... not-friendly?? (i don't know any in person). this one is too SOFT, never angry if we don't know something. don't expect much. and yes, he's always late on classes for about 20-25 minutes.

All the ENTP's I know are friendly. And as was mentioned before, they do have tertiary Fe. I still say ENTP.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
He sounds either INTP or ENTP to me. Math prof just doesn't sound like a typically ISTP thing, and the ISTPs I've know have tended to be far less nice (or 'soft,' as you put it) than what you described.

Chloe

really? that's so cool if he's intp... but he's fairly emotional?? he really made pretty personal relationship to students in only 10 days...
p.s. he's not math professor, he is a doctor, finished medicine, and is scientist and (don't know why) teaches "medical statistics"

Chloe

i started to think INTP as well, he's not extrovert, it's clearly he charges from inside.

ah,... i love my professor :smile: fell in love instantly :D

wastrd

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
fascination with numbers and silly equations is def an intp thing.

Chloe

fascination with numbers and silly equations is def an intp thing.

really? even with pretty simple equasions? (.. ok, moderately hard). i'd expect that intp gets fascinated with REALLY smart stuff.

I was once fascinated with math.. but not simple math.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
really? even with pretty simple equasions? (.. ok, moderately hard). i'd expect that intp gets fascinated with REALLY smart stuff.

I was once fascinated with math.. but not simple math.

Yeah, why not? Many INTPs like math. If you're sure he's introverted, then he definitely sounds INTP.