• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Annoying Guy

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Okay, I don't know what's up, but this guy that I know (we'll call him Beefy) has a personality that just seems to grate on me. I get annoyed and want to run away from him every time he's around. And if you're wondering why he's around, it's because (1) he's a friend of the family, and (2) he is the type of person who comes around uninvited all the time. So now I'm interested in hearing what you guys think about his type.

Here are some basic things about Beefy:

• He's a sensitive guy. He gets his feelings hurt easily and has a nurturing nature. We often refer to him as the "mother hen" behind his back.
  • He writes poetry but is loathe to advertise this fact.
  • It sometimes seems like he is primarily motivated by what others think about him. For this reason, he says and does things to impress those around him. And if he can see that you're not impressed by his story or his antics, he doesn't stop...he tries harder and harder (becoming more annoying by the second).
  • He's flighty. He just drives around and finds people to be with (and get food with) all day long. He suddenly decides to go here or there at the drop of a hat.
  • His car is messy.
  • He wants to go to culinary school.
  • He doesn't really work.
  • He doesn't have a mean bone in his body.
  • He is awkward with girls. He likes to flirt very overtly, and is not afraid of asking a girl out, but he just always gets rejected. They often refer to him as a "creep."
  • In social settings, he is effusive and manages to talk to everyone (sometimes all at once).
  • He can't be quiet for two seconds. Usually he is talking nonsense and being silly.
  • Did I mention he is very very silly?
  • He is gullible.
  • In social settings, he is concerned that everyone be included. He doesn't let anyone feel left out.
  • He's not particularly clever. It seems like him and I are on two different wavelengths. I often have to stop and explain my quips to him.

This is it for now. What do you think?

P

Phantonym

I'm guessing more ENFP. He seems to actively seek people to interact with.

laughingebony

MBTI Type
INTP
  • He's a sensitive guy. He gets his feelings hurt easily and has a nurturing nature. We often refer to him as the "mother hen" behind his back.

Sounds like a definite F.

Poetry is definitely an N thing. S-types usually don't do too well with head-in-the-clouds stuff like poetry.
  • It sometimes seems like he is primarily motivated by what others think about him. For this reason, he says and does things to impress those around him. And if he can see that you're not impressed by his story or his antics, he doesn't stop...he tries harder and harder (becoming more annoying by the second).

I'm not sure about this one... E, maybe?
  • He's flighty. He just drives around and finds people to be with (and get food with) all day long. He suddenly decides to go here or there at the drop of a hat.

Constantly seeks social stimulation = E." Implusive... P?
  • His car is messy.

P. Js tend to be organized.
  • He wants to go to culinary school.

?
  • He doesn't really work.

P. Js aren't lazy.
  • He doesn't have a mean bone in his body.

I'm going to go with F, although I'm a T and don't have a mean bone in my body, either. That could have something to do with the fact that I'm borderline in the T/F domain.
  • He is awkward with girls. He likes to flirt very overtly, and is not afraid of asking a girl out, but he just always gets rejected. They often refer to him as a "creep."

?
  • In social settings, he is effusive and manages to talk to everyone (sometimes all at once).

Haha... E.
  • He can't be quiet for two seconds. Usually he is talking nonsense and being silly.

E.
  • Did I mention he is very very silly?

E.
  • He is gullible.

?
  • In social settings, he is concerned that everyone be included. He doesn't let anyone feel left out.

Sounds like an F.
  • He's not particularly clever. It seems like him and I are on two different wavelengths. I often have to stop and explain my quips to him.

Not NT.

This is it for now. What do you think?

I'm thinking ENFP.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
Maybe it's the creep factor you're picking up on, rather than his type. No idea if that answers your question or not. *grin*

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
ESFP or ISFP that's trying too hard to be social.

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
  • He is gullible.

I'm guessing more ENFP. He seems to actively seek people to interact with.

i dont think an NF type would be so clueless as to their effect on people (or have a total lack of cleverness, even if not 'intelligent' NFs seem to be good at picking up nuances and spotting humor) or particularly concerned with hiding their sensitive, poetry-writing side..

my guess is ESFP

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Definitely ENFP. I just read a few profiles on the type, and observed their silliness first hand, everything in those notes you have fits.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENFP.

(like this guy!)

steve_urkel.jpg

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I'm curious as to why people think N over S. His tendency to thrust himself forcefully into situations and people, and apparent habit of being very "for the moment" seem the result of Se.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm curious as to why people think N over S. His tendency to thrust himself forcefully into situations and people, and apparent habit of being very "for the moment" seem the result of Se.

Well, for me, at least, the description reminded me of a couple socially awkward ENFPs I know IRL. They spend so much time/energy in the moment trying to get attention & acting ridiculous that they may not always come off as overtly intuitive. You'll catch a glimmer of it in one on one conversations when they're less worked up. [eh, i'm generalizing here]

I mean, he could be an ESFP.. but I haven't known any socially awkward ESFPs. I'm sure they exist. That'd be my only other guess.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i think more esfp too because enfps are just cooler than that right? haha

but i guess he could be if he just used all of those traits in the most annoying way possible.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Another vote for ENFP.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
ESFPs dont seem to have as many issues with insecurity as ENFPs

Ss just want to entertain and have fun. Ns have the need to receive reassurance as a barter to their jokes and stuff...or thats what i have observed