Okay, I don't know what's up, but this guy that I know (we'll call him Beefy) has a personality that just seems to grate on me. I get annoyed and want to run away from him every time he's around. And if you're wondering why he's around, it's because (1) he's a friend of the family, and (2) he is the type of person who comes around uninvited all the time. So now I'm interested in hearing what you guys think about his type.
Here are some basic things about Beefy:
- He's a sensitive guy. He gets his feelings hurt easily and has a nurturing nature. We often refer to him as the "mother hen" behind his back.
- He writes poetry but is loathe to advertise this fact.
- It sometimes seems like he is primarily motivated by what others think about him. For this reason, he says and does things to impress those around him. And if he can see that you're not impressed by his story or his antics, he doesn't stop...he tries harder and harder (becoming more annoying by the second).
- He's flighty. He just drives around and finds people to be with (and get food with) all day long. He suddenly decides to go here or there at the drop of a hat.
- His car is messy.
- He wants to go to culinary school.
- He doesn't really work.
- He doesn't have a mean bone in his body.
- He is awkward with girls. He likes to flirt very overtly, and is not afraid of asking a girl out, but he just always gets rejected. They often refer to him as a "creep."
- In social settings, he is effusive and manages to talk to everyone (sometimes all at once).
- He can't be quiet for two seconds. Usually he is talking nonsense and being silly.
- Did I mention he is very very silly?
- He is gullible.
- In social settings, he is concerned that everyone be included. He doesn't let anyone feel left out.
- He's not particularly clever. It seems like him and I are on two different wavelengths. I often have to stop and explain my quips to him.
This is it for now. What do you think?