Thread: Annoying Guy

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Default Annoying Guy

Okay, I don't know what's up, but this guy that I know (we'll call him Beefy) has a personality that just seems to grate on me. I get annoyed and want to run away from him every time he's around. And if you're wondering why he's around, it's because (1) he's a friend of the family, and (2) he is the type of person who comes around uninvited all the time. So now I'm interested in hearing what you guys think about his type.

Here are some basic things about Beefy:

• He's a sensitive guy. He gets his feelings hurt easily and has a nurturing nature. We often refer to him as the "mother hen" behind his back.
    • He writes poetry but is loathe to advertise this fact.
    • It sometimes seems like he is primarily motivated by what others think about him. For this reason, he says and does things to impress those around him. And if he can see that you're not impressed by his story or his antics, he doesn't stop...he tries harder and harder (becoming more annoying by the second).
    • He's flighty. He just drives around and finds people to be with (and get food with) all day long. He suddenly decides to go here or there at the drop of a hat.
    • His car is messy.
    • He wants to go to culinary school.
    • He doesn't really work.
    • He doesn't have a mean bone in his body.
    • He is awkward with girls. He likes to flirt very overtly, and is not afraid of asking a girl out, but he just always gets rejected. They often refer to him as a "creep."
    • In social settings, he is effusive and manages to talk to everyone (sometimes all at once).
    • He can't be quiet for two seconds. Usually he is talking nonsense and being silly.
    • Did I mention he is very very silly?
    • He is gullible.
    • In social settings, he is concerned that everyone be included. He doesn't let anyone feel left out.
    • He's not particularly clever. It seems like him and I are on two different wavelengths. I often have to stop and explain my quips to him.

This is it for now. What do you think?
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

INFP

Phantonym

I'm guessing more ENFP. He seems to actively seek people to interact with.

MBTI
    IN??
    Enneagram
    IDK

Bob Ross?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post

• He's a sensitive guy. He gets his feelings hurt easily and has a nurturing nature. We often refer to him as the "mother hen" behind his back.

Sounds like a definite F.

Poetry is definitely an N thing. S-types usually don't do too well with head-in-the-clouds stuff like poetry.
    • It sometimes seems like he is primarily motivated by what others think about him. For this reason, he says and does things to impress those around him. And if he can see that you're not impressed by his story or his antics, he doesn't stop...he tries harder and harder (becoming more annoying by the second).

I'm not sure about this one... E, maybe?
    • He's flighty. He just drives around and finds people to be with (and get food with) all day long. He suddenly decides to go here or there at the drop of a hat.

Constantly seeks social stimulation = E." Implusive... P?
    • His car is messy.

P. Js tend to be organized.
    • He wants to go to culinary school.

?
    • He doesn't really work.

P. Js aren't lazy.
    • He doesn't have a mean bone in his body.

I'm going to go with F, although I'm a T and don't have a mean bone in my body, either. That could have something to do with the fact that I'm borderline in the T/F domain.
    • He is awkward with girls. He likes to flirt very overtly, and is not afraid of asking a girl out, but he just always gets rejected. They often refer to him as a "creep."

?
    • In social settings, he is effusive and manages to talk to everyone (sometimes all at once).

Haha... E.
    • He can't be quiet for two seconds. Usually he is talking nonsense and being silly.

E.
    • Did I mention he is very very silly?

E.
    • He is gullible.

?
    • In social settings, he is concerned that everyone be included. He doesn't let anyone feel left out.

Sounds like an F.
    • He's not particularly clever. It seems like him and I are on two different wavelengths. I often have to stop and explain my quips to him.

Not NT.

This is it for now. What do you think?
    I'm thinking ENFP.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by laughingebony View Post
    Js aren't lazy.
    Say whaaaaaaaaat? I think the difference between P and J laziness is that Js organize their laziness and Ps don't really care.

MBTI
    INTP

Maybe it's the creep factor you're picking up on, rather than his type. No idea if that answers your question or not. *grin*
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

ESFP or ISFP that's trying too hard to be social.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post

• He is gullible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    INFP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    I'm guessing more ENFP. He seems to actively seek people to interact with.
    i dont think an NF type would be so clueless as to their effect on people (or have a total lack of cleverness, even if not 'intelligent' NFs seem to be good at picking up nuances and spotting humor) or particularly concerned with hiding their sensitive, poetry-writing side..

my guess is ESFP

MBTI
    entp

ExFP