• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Annoying Guy

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah...but we can also enjoy time alone...supposedly being the most introverted extravert...right? so this guy drives around like some lurch looking for company all day...that's weird.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sounds just like 2 confirmed ENFP males that I know...

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Seems like a very insecure ESFP to me, as well.

The culinary school thing was the giveaway.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Well, for me, at least, the description reminded me of a couple socially awkward ENFPs I know IRL. They spend so much time/energy in the moment trying to get attention & acting ridiculous that they may not always come off as overtly intuitive. You'll catch a glimmer of it in one on one conversations when they're less worked up. [eh, i'm generalizing here]

I mean, he could be an ESFP.. but I haven't known any socially awkward ESFPs. I'm sure they exist. That'd be my only other guess.

I suppose a difficulty in typing some odd people is that it is sometimes hard to separate a quirk or defect from how they process information. Is his somewhat histrionic behavior the result of an information process or is it an expression of a disorder? Nearly impossible to tell without knowing him personally.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
yeah...but we can also enjoy time alone...supposedly being the most introverted extravert...right? so this guy drives around like some lurch looking for company all day...that's weird.

I think it sounds just like he's very extroverted. Very extroverted ENFP's are going to be like that, I imagine. Even if ENFPs are the most introverted of all E types.
I'm getting myself confused. Need a chart or something to demonstrate.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dunno about the type, but it sounds like he's faking Fe constantly, and failing miserably. Sad really, all he needs is someone to explain to him that he doesn't have to try that hard, and that just being himself is going to win over more people than what he's doing now. He must feel real lonely and rejected. +1 for tenacity though.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay, I don't know what's up, but this guy that I know (we'll call him Beefy) has a personality that just seems to grate on me. I get annoyed and want to run away from him every time he's around. And if you're wondering why he's around, it's because (1) he's a friend of the family, and (2) he is the type of person who comes around uninvited all the time. So now I'm interested in hearing what you guys think about his type.

Here are some basic things about Beefy:

• He's a sensitive guy. He gets his feelings hurt easily and has a nurturing nature. We often refer to him as the "mother hen" behind his back.
    [*]He writes poetry but is loathe to advertise this fact.
  • It sometimes seems like he is primarily motivated by what others think about him. For this reason, he says and does things to impress those around him. And if he can see that you're not impressed by his story or his antics, he doesn't stop...he tries harder and harder (becoming more annoying by the second).
    [*]He's flighty. He just drives around and finds people to be with (and get food with) all day long. He suddenly decides to go here or there at the drop of a hat.
  • His car is messy.
  • He wants to go to culinary school.
  • He doesn't really work.
  • He doesn't have a mean bone in his body.
  • He is awkward with girls. He likes to flirt very overtly, and is not afraid of asking a girl out, but he just always gets rejected. They often refer to him as a "creep."
  • In social settings, he is effusive and manages to talk to everyone (sometimes all at once).
  • He can't be quiet for two seconds. Usually he is talking nonsense and being silly.
    [*]Did I mention he is very very silly?
  • He is gullible.
  • In social settings, he is concerned that everyone be included. He doesn't let anyone feel left out.
  • He's not particularly clever. It seems like him and I are on two different wavelengths. I often have to stop and explain my quips to him.

This is it for now. What do you think?

These statements are making me think that he's not grounded in reality at all- making him more N. (Just an N with lots of flaws.) Also the creativity with the poetry and culinary arts. Sounds like a possibilities and opportunities kind of guy rather than a real-life kinda guy.

The last statement doesn't necessarily point to N- BUT I picked it because it relates to the 2 that I know that I'm comparing him to.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dunno about the type, but it sounds like he's faking Fe constantly, and failing miserably. Sad really, all he needs is someone to explain to him that he doesn't have to try that hard, and that just being himself is going to win over more people than what he's doing now. He must feel real lonely and rejected. +1 for tenacity though.

The problem with not trying hard is that some people are actually boring and so need to attempt to be more interesting.

But that's a good point about the Fe thing. I'm thinking ENFJ, now.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Here's a question. When he's rambling on, what's he rambling about?

That could give a clue.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Sounds like an ISFP that's trying too hard to be an ESTP. I pretty much agree with Jeffster on this one.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Wow, this is a lot of responses. Thanks everyone. I originally thought ESFP for him, but then I compared him to my ESFP sister (who is basically the stereotype of ESFPs), and they are pretty different. My sister does not have that overt neediness. Nor does she have that seriousness that he has. She also doesn't write poetry (she thinks it's stupid), and she can be a lot more mean than he can.

Here's a question. When he's rambling on, what's he rambling about?

That could give a clue.

He is usually making absurd jokes that hardly make sense. Or literally saying nonsense. Or relating what we're doing to some of his other friends. He likes to tell stories about "what happened at so and so's," or "what he did on X night." And they're usually calculated to impress.

One-on-one he tends to lose the act. When he's alone with me or with my brother (who's in his age group, and is legitimately his friend, not a "friend" by proximity) he likes to start to act "serious." For instance, he recently came to me for advice on which program he should go to. He knew perfectly well where he was going to go, but this was his way of relating and getting attention from me.

He'll also often get angry or hurt about jokes we make about him or his friends, even though they're made in good fun. In other words, when he's not trying to impress or get people on his good side, he gets serious. This is when he's most annoying to me, because he's needy and an emotional drain.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Sounds like a male ENFP with some histrionic tendencies.

Or a regular ESFP.

alicia91

I know this guy's twin, only he doesn't write poetry but it into musical theater. Same social awkwardness, silliness, flirting (but girls think he's creepy). I can't figure out his type either. I do suspect ADHD though.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
He sounds a lot like some ESFPs I know. Two I know are very insecure & needy. One writes poetry, although it's more lyrical and straightforward than any intuitive crap I spew out :D. Neither are creepy, but they are women, and I think a woman like that would come off differently.
He could be ENFP with his absurdity, but his story telling and lack of ability to grasp your N quips says he's likely a sensor.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
ENFJ with weak J. Why do I say ENFJ? Because his Fe seems very high, and ExFPs don't have particularly high Fe.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENFJ with weak J. Why do I say ENFJ? Because his Fe seems very high, and ExFPs don't have particularly high Fe.

I find ENFJs to be very clever & quick witted though....and his Fe seems shaky, like he doesn't know when he has crossed into creepy territory. Again, I don't see much evidence of an intuitive, beyond writing poetry, which doesn't really say that much.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Okay, I think I'm convinced that he's an ESFP. He's just one that happens to be insecure and needy (and not particularly bright). My brother (ENTP) refuses to watch films with him because he "can't stand his literal-mindedness." And my brother doesn't know anything about MBTI.

I think part of why I find him so annoying (to the point that I feel like I need to leave or go into seclusion whenever he comes over) is that he seems to mold himself to whoever it is he intends to impress. You never get his true thoughts, his true feelings, his true opinions. All you get is a reflection. So being around him is just a useless drain.

Wait, isn't that Fe? Ah, I'm confused.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think part of why I find him so annoying (to the point that I feel like I need to leave or go into seclusion whenever he comes over) is that he seems to mold himself to whoever it is he intends to impress. You never get his true thoughts, his true feelings, his true opinions. All you get is a reflection. So being around him is just a useless drain.

Aha! So it's Bill Clinton!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Okay, I think I'm convinced that he's an ESFP. He's just one that happens to be insecure and needy (and not particularly bright). My brother (ENTP) refuses to watch films with him because he "can't stand his literal-mindedness." And my brother doesn't know anything about MBTI.

Wait, isn't that Fe? Ah, I'm confused.

totally not fi. :cheese: