ISFJ

I can see FP (Fi) but not much else.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Wow, this is a lot of responses. Thanks everyone. I originally thought ESFP for him, but then I compared him to my ESFP sister (who is basically the stereotype of ESFPs), and they are pretty different. My sister does not have that overt neediness. Nor does she have that seriousness that he has. She also doesn't write poetry (she thinks it's stupid), and she can be a lot more mean than he can.

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Here's a question. When he's rambling on, what's he rambling about?

That could give a clue.
    He is usually making absurd jokes that hardly make sense. Or literally saying nonsense. Or relating what we're doing to some of his other friends. He likes to tell stories about "what happened at so and so's," or "what he did on X night." And they're usually calculated to impress.

One-on-one he tends to lose the act. When he's alone with me or with my brother (who's in his age group, and is legitimately his friend, not a "friend" by proximity) he likes to start to act "serious." For instance, he recently came to me for advice on which program he should go to. He knew perfectly well where he was going to go, but this was his way of relating and getting attention from me.

He'll also often get angry or hurt about jokes we make about him or his friends, even though they're made in good fun. In other words, when he's not trying to impress or get people on his good side, he gets serious. This is when he's most annoying to me, because he's needy and an emotional drain.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Sounds like a male ENFP with some histrionic tendencies.

Or a regular ESFP.

I know this guy's twin, only he doesn't write poetry but it into musical theater. Same social awkwardness, silliness, flirting (but girls think he's creepy). I can't figure out his type either. I do suspect ADHD though.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

He sounds a lot like some ESFPs I know. Two I know are very insecure & needy. One writes poetry, although it's more lyrical and straightforward than any intuitive crap I spew out . Neither are creepy, but they are women, and I think a woman like that would come off differently.
    He could be ENFP with his absurdity, but his story telling and lack of ability to grasp your N quips says he's likely a sensor.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    I

ENFJ with weak J. Why do I say ENFJ? Because his Fe seems very high, and ExFPs don't have particularly high Fe.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    ENFJ with weak J. Why do I say ENFJ? Because his Fe seems very high, and ExFPs don't have particularly high Fe.
    I find ENFJs to be very clever & quick witted though....and his Fe seems shaky, like he doesn't know when he has crossed into creepy territory. Again, I don't see much evidence of an intuitive, beyond writing poetry, which doesn't really say that much.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Okay, I think I'm convinced that he's an ESFP. He's just one that happens to be insecure and needy (and not particularly bright). My brother (ENTP) refuses to watch films with him because he "can't stand his literal-mindedness." And my brother doesn't know anything about MBTI.

I think part of why I find him so annoying (to the point that I feel like I need to leave or go into seclusion whenever he comes over) is that he seems to mold himself to whoever it is he intends to impress. You never get his true thoughts, his true feelings, his true opinions. All you get is a reflection. So being around him is just a useless drain.

Wait, isn't that Fe? Ah, I'm confused.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I think part of why I find him so annoying (to the point that I feel like I need to leave or go into seclusion whenever he comes over) is that he seems to mold himself to whoever it is he intends to impress. You never get his true thoughts, his true feelings, his true opinions. All you get is a reflection. So being around him is just a useless drain.
    Aha! So it's Bill Clinton!
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Okay, I think I'm convinced that he's an ESFP. He's just one that happens to be insecure and needy (and not particularly bright). My brother (ENTP) refuses to watch films with him because he "can't stand his literal-mindedness." And my brother doesn't know anything about MBTI.

Wait, isn't that Fe? Ah, I'm confused.
    totally not fi.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison