User Tag List

First 6789 Last

Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca View Post
    The woman sounds possibly LSE. They both sound EJ temperament. I'd interpret the situation as you having a IP temperament and being annoyed by their EJ temperament.
    Would an IP be bothered by this though?
    Then again this is a shallow understand of socionics, as always.

"I remember I got really bothered when I was working at a company with someone, and he brought in his family members (who were not on the payroll) to do work. I felt like it was unprofessional and unfair that he was using them as workers. It bothered me so much that I quit."

Socionics
    SLI

Quote Originally Posted by Mercy View Post
    What do you mean by confidence in logical reasoning abilities? SEIs have confidence in logical reasoning abilities via Te, however that is also their PoLR, something I don't see of Athenian, nor do I see him belonging to the Alpha quadra. I much more clearly see the IP temperament, Delta quadra, SLI dichotomies and PoLR Fe, more than I see any implication of SEI.
    I see no Fe PoLR. I'd actually easily see Fe creative for him. The general niceness and warmth he extrudes. SLI do no such thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Apologies but do you mind linking me to a source that explains the difference between creative and dominant etc just for clarification?
    Here's Se in each block of the psyche, according to the model A. There are links to other elements described by blocks.

Here are the blocks individually.

I'd agree completely. Curious does it take on the approach similar to Lenore Thompson etc on the idea that depressive behaviour (Se like) would manifest differently depending on the function role of Se?
    Well I'm not familiar with Lenore Thompson work or ideas, but according to socionics behavior is influenced, heavily, by the informational metabolism. Socionics says imbalances in the informational metabolism cause psychological problems. So depression, according to socionics, would be a result of some issue with ones informational balance. So I guess that's a yes.

The last paragraph is essentially what I'm concerned about and curious about, whether depressive behaviour which is inherently Se like (Desire for excessive comfort/escapism) could obscure the real temperament etc. Socionics works on healthy individuals, but I suppose that could be said of MBTI and most other theories asides from the enneagram.
    Well I would say I see no reason why not. That is, atypical behavior would result in atypical assessments. But that would not be a change of essence, but merely a different manifestation. That is, a dolphin looks like a fish, but it's not. In that same manner a depressed Se dominant would not be a, for example, Si dominant. Or something like that.

Edit: It seems I'm still taking on the belief that behaviour can be used to figure out socionics, my bad.
    Well in some cases it can. But if you want to figure out your socionics type one does not really need much more then to look at their relations with other people. You can't fake that nor is it subject to wishful thinking, self fulfilling prophecies.

deleted

I can see it in the works now. Fe creative, Ti activation.

Socionics
    SLI

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    That's possible... The man was actually okay most of the time, though, just coming up with new ways to handle a problem better. Certain solutions seemed a little unethical to me, though.
    The man sounds possibly LIE. They generally have that entrepreneurial spirit of constant improvement, innovation, and restlessness in accomplishing it. Their methods are not always ethical as they focus on efficiency, productivity and generally treat people as machinery, objects.

I meant that I thought my responses would be confusing and make it difficult to type me because I related to an equal number of parts of both descriptions. But since you were able to come up with something anyway, it seems that it wasn't.
    Oh no, not at all with me. It's because I don't really care about that at all. I don't type though theoretical analysis. I ask question to get to know you. The information serves to reveal aspects of yourself, how you respond to certain things. And through seeing these responses I get a feel for you, what you could be and so on. That is, I type through my experience, not abstract theoretical analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Would an IP be bothered by this though?

"I remember I got really bothered when I was working at a company with someone, and he brought in his family members (who were not on the payroll) to do work. I felt like it was unprofessional and unfair that he was using them as workers. It bothered me so much that I quit."
    Then again this is a shallow understand of socionics, as always.
    I don't see why not. And I would say it's not related to temperament at all. I can see anybody being bothered by such a thing.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Mercy View Post
    I can see it in the works now. Fe creative, Ti activation.
    What does that work out to? I really don't see myself as IEI...

The man sounds possibly LIE. They generally have that entrepreneurial spirit of constant improvement, innovation, and restlessness in accomplishing it. Their methods are not always ethical as they focus on efficiency, productivity and generally treat people as machinery, objects.
    Ah, yes. I admired the way he treated machinery, actually. Just the way he dealt with people bothered me.
    Oh no, not at all with me. It's because I don't really care about that at all. I don't type though theoretical analysis. I ask question to get to know you. The information serves to reveal aspects of yourself, how you respond to certain things. And through seeing these responses I get a feel for you, what you could be and so on. That is, I type through my experience, not abstract theoretical analysis.
    That's an interesting way to type. I'm not used to people using experience in a way that isn't based on stereotypes.

Socionics
    SLI

Ah, yes. I admired the way he treated machinery, actually. Just the way he dealt with people bothered me.
    That's what the otehr half of the quadra is there for.

And what is it that bothered you with the way he dealt with people?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

That's what the otehr half of the quadra is there for.
    Ah, that explains it...
    And what is it that bothered you with the way he dealt with people?
    Well, in once case he took them for granted. In another, he just blew off some paperwork he'd been asked to do on a regular basis to focus on his own concerns, letting it pile up, unconsciously dismissing it as unimportant. We only found it because my supervisor sent me to look for something else in his office while he was away, and I happened to see it while I was getting that. It was unsorted, and a year behind where it should have been (I knew because I had been entering the more recent ones myself).

Socionics
    SLI

Well, in once case he took them for granted.
    Elaborate.

In another, he just blew off some paperwork he'd been asked to do on a regular basis to focus on his own concerns, letting it pile up, unconsciously dismissing it as unimportant.
    This sounds possibly like vulnerable Si. To qoute wikisocion:

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Elaborate.
    Well, there's the one I already told you about with using his family as workers, and then there's the way he "just expected" things from the people around him while not heeding reciprocal expectations on himself.
    This sounds possibly like vulnerable Si. To qoute wikisocion:
    Yes, that's exactly what it sounds like.

Socionics
    SLI

Well, there's the one I already told you about with using his family as workers, and then there's the way he "just expected" things from the people around him while not heeding reciprocal expectations on himself.
    Is that people equal to him, as in, his coworkers? Because if he was somebodies boss what you say doesn't make much sense. And expected what from people around him?