User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Socionics
    SLI

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I don't remember them that well, honestly. I'm not good at expanding on things, because it seems to me that I made my point. I can't tell what you didn't see, but you seem to expect me to know.
    To know what?

I wanted you to expand so that I could get an idea of what their types are and what it is that made the relation with them undesirable to you.

:blushing: Umm... I think I'm going to be difficult to type. I'm way too confusing.
    Not really. Right now, from my point of view, I'd only say EII or SEI for you. Where I'd say SEI > EII.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercy View Post
    I honestly don't think SLI is a bad typing at all. You have seemed to portray this stereotype rather well in your descriptions and your temperament. I can also see this from how you type in the forums.
    I would say SLI is a bad typing. I sense no confidence in logical reasoning abilities. I don't think he's a logical type. What makes you consider Te ego a possibility?

Actually, I do relate to MBTI Se better than MBTI Si, but I see it as something negative in myself. The part of me that sleeps through the alarm, eats too many snacks, or watches TV all day instead of putting my time to better use.
    Hm. That's rather interesting. I've never thought of those actions as negative Se manifestations, although I could easily see them being so now. Si in socionics correlates with Se in MBTI. But I'm not really sure whether Se in socionics actually correlates with Si in MBTI. It'd make sense that they wouldn't neccessarily correlate considering they are different systems. Mercy?

This sounds a lot more like an Si valuing type. Even Si ego, need for comfort and physical compromising. That last description of your work also sounded like Te ego with an Fe PoLR (but I'm not too sure, it was vague).
    Hm.

Just curious though. Hypothetically wouldn't a depressive person exhibit many of the characteristics that are slothful, procrastination and low pleasure/comfort seeking activities such as oversleeping etc. This sort of thing could be inherent within everybody.

What does socionics have to say about this?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I honestly don't think SLI is a bad typing at all. You have seemed to portray this stereotype rather well in your descriptions and your temperament. I can also see this from how you type in the forums.
    Well... that's an interesting opinion. Thanks.

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Just curious though. Hypothetically wouldn't a depressive person exhibit many of the characteristics that are slothful, procrastination and low pleasure/comfort seeking activities such as oversleeping etc. This sort of thing could be inherent within everybody.

Well there have been side-theories about temperament and disorders of the liking within socionics. That is why personality profiles were invented in the first place. So I would think its inherent within everybody, but correlated to personality type, for the initial reasons of personality.

Hm. That's rather interesting. I've never thought of those actions as negative Se manifestations, although I could easily see them being so now. Si in socionics correlates with Se in MBTI. But I'm not really sure whether Se in socionics actually correlates with Si in MBTI. It'd make sense that they wouldn't neccessarily correlate considering they are different systems. Mercy?
    The correlation is rather vague because they are two different systems. I do see similarities between socionics Si and MBTI Se though, but there are given means to a thought process such as Si that isn't explained in MBTI terms. Socionics is simply different, and it addresses the difference between introverted and extroverted sensing much more effectively than MBTI does in my honest opinion. It does seem like many implications of Se have moved to Si, I agree.

Socionics
    SLI

But I'm not really sure whether Se in socionics actually correlates with Si in MBTI.
    Si in MBTI correlates with creative Se in socionics. But not dominant Se.

Socionics, in general, does not notice or accommodate for it. The premise is that these things do not influence the informational metabolism. That is, if you're, say, Se dominant, you'll be Se dominant depressed or not. It might manifest differently, but information that is Se still remains Se. Though the depression might obscure noticing this, making it seem like somethign else, as if the person is of a different temperament, quadra and so on. According to my own understanding that is.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca View Post
    I wanted you to expand so that I could get an idea of what their types are and what it is that made the relation with them undesirable to you.
    Well, I can't remember them as individuals, but I do remember the quality they possessed that made me uncomfortable. They both had a focus on action, and doing things well in the moment. It was less directly grating with the guy who brought his family in, and he only showed it indirectly in a few situations (like when he brought his family in, or when insisting on taking power over a particular situation), but his wife was 10x worse. She was always running around, looking for stuff to do, pushing you around, criticizing every little bit of wasted energy or minor mistake. She just made me feel like I was being "picked on" all the time. Like those bullies most people talk about meeting in high school. I never met one there, but this more than made up for it. If I were to guess, I'd say that they were Socionics Se valuing types, though the man didn't have it as an Ego function.
    Not really. Right now, from my point of view, I'd only say EII or SEI for you. Where I'd say SEI > EII.
    Oh, thanks. I was mostly concerned about how I didn't really fit either one perfectly, and had three qualities from each.

deleted

I would say SLI is a bad typing. I sense no confidence in logical reasoning abilities. I don't think he's a logical type. What makes you consider Te ego a possibility?
    What do you mean by confidence in logical reasoning abilities? SEIs have confidence in logical reasoning abilities via Te, however that is also their PoLR, something I don't see of Athenian, nor do I see him belonging to the Alpha quadra. I much more clearly see the IP temperament, Delta quadra, SLI dichotomies and PoLR Fe, more than I see any implication of SEI.

Si in MBTI correlates with creative Se in socionics. But not dominant Se.
    Apologies but do you mind linking me to a source that explains the difference between creative and dominant etc just for clarification?

Socionics, in general, does not notice or accommodate for it. The premise is that these things do not influence the informational metabolism. That is, if you're, say, Se dominant, you'll be Se dominant depressed or not. It might manifest differently, but information that is Se still remains Se. Though the depression might obscure noticing this, making it seem like somethign else, as if the person is of a different temperament, quadra and so on. According to my own understanding that is.
    I'd agree completely. Curious does it take on the approach similar to Lenore Thompson etc on the idea that depressive behaviour (Se like) would manifest differently depending on the function role of Se?

The last paragraph is essentially what I'm concerned about and curious about, whether depressive behaviour which is inherently Se like (Desire for excessive comfort/escapism) could obscure the real temperament etc. Socionics works on healthy individuals, but I suppose that could be said of MBTI and most other theories asides from the enneagram.

Edit: It seems I'm still taking on the belief that behaviour can be used to figure out socionics, my bad.

Socionics
    SLI

Well, I can't remember them as individuals, but I do remember the quality they possessed that made me uncomfortable. They both had a focus on action, and doing things well in the moment. It was less directly grating with the guy who brought his family in, and he only showed it indirectly in a few situations (like when he brought his family in, or when insisting on taking power over a particular situation), but his wife was 10x worse. She was always running around, looking for stuff to do, pushing you around, criticizing every little bit of wasted energy or minor mistake. She just made me feel like I was being "picked on" all the time. Like those bullies most people talk about meeting in high school. I never met one there, but this more than made up for it. If I were to guess, I'd say that they were Socionics Se valuing types, though the man didn't have it as an Ego function.
    The woman sounds possibly LSE. They both sound EJ temperament. I'd interpret the situation as you having a IP temperament and being annoyed by their EJ temperament.

Oh, thanks. I was mostly concerned about how I didn't really fit either one perfectly, and had three qualities from each.
    I do not understand what you are saying here.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

The woman sounds possibly LSE. They both sound EJ temperament. I'd interpret the situation as you having a IP temperament and being annoyed by their EJ temperament.
    That's possible... The man was actually okay most of the time, though, just coming up with new ways to handle a problem better. Certain solutions seemed a little unethical to me, though.
    I do not understand what you are saying here.
    I meant that I thought my responses would be confusing and make it difficult to type me because I related to an equal number of parts of both descriptions. But since you were able to come up with something anyway, it seems that it wasn't.