User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca View Post
    Well it should be obvious from your lifestyle, how you go about treating people, doing things, that is, it should be obvious from your interactions with other people. So perhaps descriptions of good and bad things you like, dislike in various people you've encountered.
    I'll try. Let's see... I remember I got really bothered when I was working at a company with someone, and he brought in his family members (who were not on the payroll) to do work. I felt like it was unprofessional and unfair that he was using them as workers. It bothered me so much that I quit.

Also, his wife really annoyed me, because she was very "in your face" and "right now." She would always pick at me for every little thing, like not immediately discarding a tissue after I'd used it the first time, or getting crumbs on my shirt. I wanted to hit her, but I'm above that sort of thing.

I also get annoyed at people who argue as if their will and emotions are universally applicable, or as if there's just one path through life.

Does any of that help?

Socionics
    SLI

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I'll try. Let's see... I remember I got really bothered when I was working at a company with someone, and he brought in his family members (who wasn't on the payroll) to do work. I felt like it was unprofessional and unfair that he was using them as workers. It bothered me so much that I quit.

Also, his wife really annoyed me, because she was very "in your face" and "right now." She would always pick at me for every little thing, like not immediately discarding a tissue after I'd used it the first time, or getting crumbs on my shirt. I wanted to hit her, but I'm above that sort of thing.
    Could you expand upon these people, your take on them and so on.

Seems as if the post was removed but that does make sense Mercy. However it then begs the question. Can a person still identify with something they actually reject and detest?

I don't know Athenian that well, but I got the impression he was not rather fond of the MBTI description of Se which sounds alot like Si. Therefore I'm just surprised that he identifies with such. But then again I suppose in terms of one over the other it's possible.

Apologies for hijacking the thread somewhat again Athenian. I'm just learning from you. Hehe. But can people have different positive/negative reactions to different functions even if they aren't considered the strenght?

deleted

Athenian, I'm wondering. I've found the process/result dichotomy to be very informative. With that being said, which do you relate to more? Process or result?

Process
    Prefer to finish the entire process till the end before doing something else.
    Do things sequentially, from the beginning to the end.
    Immersed to a process and tends to single-tasking.
    Focus between the beginning and the end of processes.
    More inclined to read texts on books or computer from beginning to the end.
    Socially more inclined to large groups.

Result
    Use words such as "start", "end", "result" very quite often, and can have many things running in parallel and managing them quite ok.
    Do things randomly, seemingly doing them from the end to the beginning.
    Detached from processes and tends to multitasking.
    Focus on the beginning and the end of processes.
    More inclined to read texts on books or computer randomly, maybe reading random paragraphs or chapters.
    Socially more inclined to small groups or intimate conversations.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Seems as if the post was removed but that does make sense Mercy. However it then begs the question. Can a person still identify with something they actually reject and detest?

I don't know Athenian that well, but I got the impression he was not rather fond of the MBTI description of Se which sounds alot like Si. Therefore I'm just surprised that he identifies with such. But then again I suppose in terms of one over the other it's possible.

Apologies for hijacking the thread somewhat again Athenian. I'm just learning from you. Hehe. But can people have different positive/negative reactions to different functions even if they aren't considered the strenght?
    Actually, I do relate to MBTI Se better than MBTI Si, but I see it as something negative in myself. The part of me that sleeps through the alarm, eats too many snacks, or watches TV all day instead of putting my time to better use.

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Actually, I do relate to MBTI Se better than MBTI Si, but I see it as something negative in myself. The part of me that sleeps through the alarm, eats too many snacks, or watches TV all day instead of putting my time to better use.
    This sounds a lot more like an Si valuing type. Even Si ego, need for comfort and physical compromising. That last description of your work also sounded like Te ego with an Fe PoLR (but I'm not too sure, it was vague).

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca View Post
    Could you expand upon these people, your take on them and so on.
    I don't remember them that well, honestly. I'm not good at expanding on things, because it seems to me that I made my point. I can't tell what you didn't see, but you seem to expect me to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercy View Post
    Athenian, I'm wondering. I've found the process/result dichotomy to be very informative. With that being said, which do you relate to more? Process or result?

Process
    Prefer to finish the entire process till the end before doing something else.
    Do things sequentially, from the beginning to the end.
    Immersed to a process and tends to single-tasking.
    Focus between the beginning and the end of processes.
    More inclined to read texts on books or computer from beginning to the end.
    Socially more inclined to large groups.

Result
    Use words such as "start", "end", "result" very quite often, and can have many things running in parallel and managing them quite ok.
    Do things randomly, seemingly doing them from the end to the beginning.
    Detached from processes and tends to multitasking.
    Focus on the beginning and the end of processes.
    More inclined to read texts on books or computer randomly, maybe reading random paragraphs or chapters.
    Socially more inclined to small groups or intimate conversations.
    :blushing: Umm... I think I'm going to be difficult to type. I'm way too confusing.

deleted

I honestly don't think SLI is a bad typing at all. You have seemed to portray this stereotype rather well in your descriptions and your temperament. I can also see this from how you type in the forums.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Mercy View Post
    This sounds a lot more like an Si valuing type. Even Si ego, need for comfort and physical compromising. That last description of your work also sounded like Te ego with an Fe PoLR (but I'm not too sure, it was vague).
    Eh... that was probably too vague to go on. I wish I had better memory, I only seem to remember bits and pieces of interactions with people, not whole scenarios.

deleted

It's quite alright. I'm think I'm pretty certain about my impressions right now. The only problem is that there just wasn't a large impression, because your explanation was vague. A better explanation would be fine with me sooner or later. I'd assume SLI as of now.