User Tag List

First 34567 Last

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Oh! You mean I have an inherent nature that determines how I'll interact with people, just the way elements have an inherent nature that determines how they'll interact with other elements.

That makes sense. That was the potential that attracted me to systems like this in the first place.
    That is a very decent analogy, and yes, that is exactly what I meant.

Just from this analogy given, you seem more likely to be Ne valuing.

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca View Post
    How come? I could easily see SEI for him. I say a general sense of Ne/Si rather then necessarily Ne creative.
    Oh, I fixed that post. I meant that Athenian could also be an ILI or SLI, seemingly more Te/Fi valuing. Ne valuing is coming on rather apparent though, even as a possible 5th function. "Attracted to the system in the first place, because of this hidden potential." It could very well mean Athenian is SiTe. But we have to examine before assuming.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Mercy View Post
    Honestly Athenian, you exude the Ne creative type in some ways. I don't see Ne as a dominant function for you anywhere in your demeanor.
    That could have been fatigue. I've been kind of... weird and tired lately. I'm nowhere near my peak. Usually I'm more enthusiastic about pursuing an idea.
    However I don't want to disclude that you could be an ILI or SLI, creative Te. That's why we should go on to analyze if you value Si or Ni, and which one you are strong at.
    Okay. I'm pretty sure I value Si in Socionics, but I suppose we should check. How do we go about that?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

O... kay.

You had me curious what you thought my problem was, but... ah, well.

Now I wish I hadn't started this thread. :blushing:
    Sry.

I just cant stand it no more to see people weighing which type suits them well and while I still can understand that someone is undecided in mbti the type descriptions on wicisonicon are far more detailed and leave less room for type indecision.

In my opinion a person will be firstly able to type his personality, when he reached an age of 80 years. This quest some people seem to participate in here, in finding out which type suits them well and then adhering to the general principles this type stands for to call themselves "personalities" afterwards, is just something that can bother you alot, if you hate it seeing people die dumb.

I overreacted yesterday I am sorry, I dont know your motives behind understanding and learning about the types. Maybe you try through self-reflection to gain a profounder understanding of the personalities. Just wanted to state my opinion: you dont choose type, type chooses you; and if someone doesnt understand the type system, he or she better gains some real experience in life first
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

That is a very decent analogy, and yes, that is exactly what I meant.

Just from this analogy given, you seem more likely to be Ne valuing.
    Ah, yes.

Oh, I fixed that post. I meant that Athenian could also be an ILI or SLI, seemingly more Te/Fi valuing. Ne valuing is coming on rather apparent though, even as a possible 5th function. "Attracted to the system in the first place, because of this hidden potential." It could very well mean Athenian is SiTe. But we have to examine before assuming.
    I have noticed that I act Si in some ways, especially lately. Mostly because I've been too afraid to do anything new or potentially uncomfortable, and just keep doing what I'm used to even though I know there's something else I should be doing. It's slowly stressing me out, though.

deleted

All in all you seem Delta. Try looking at definitions of the EII and SLI, which one seems more like you. There's obviously some difference.

Order these from greatest to least usual use. Need a source? Use the one snegledmaca gave.

Ne
    Fi
    Te
    Si

Socionics
    SLI

Okay. I'm pretty sure I value Si in Socionics, but I suppose we should check. How do we go about that?
    Well it should be obvious from your lifestyle, how you go about treating people, doing things, that is, it should be obvious from your interactions with other people. So perhaps descriptions of good and bad things you like, dislike in various people you've encountered.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Sry.

I just cant stand it no more to see people weighing which type suits them well and while I still can understand that someone is undecided in mbti the type descriptions on wicisonicon are far more detailed and leave less room for type indecision.

In my opinion a person will be firstly able to type his personality, when he reached an age of 80 years. This quest some people seem to participate in here, in finding out which type suits them well and then adhering to the general principles this type stands for to call themselves "personalities" afterwards, is just something that can bother you alot, if you hate it seeing people die dumb.

I overreacted yesterday I am sorry, I dont know your motives behind understanding and learning about the types. Maybe you try through self-reflection to gain a profounder understanding of the personalities. Just wanted to state my opinion: you dont choose type, type chooses you; and if someone doesnt understand the type system, he or she better gains some real experience in life first
    Well, gee. By the time I'm 80 or have the kind of life experience you're talking about, I probably won't need something like personality type to make sense of it.

Now you make me ashamed of myself for being curious and wish I had just never been arrogant enough to try and learn about type. :blushing:

Don't have much insight into socionics, but this just struck me. Really?
    You identify with the description of Socionics Si but disagree with the MBTI description of Se?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Well, gee. By the time I'm 80 or have the kind of life experience you're talking about, I probably won't need something like personality type to make sense of it.

Now you make me ashamed of myself for being curious and wish I had just never been arrogant enough to try and learn about type.
    Its ok you can, just keep the necessary psychological distance. I dont know if you do already, if you do then we are fine.

My INFJ for example is a very wise person and knows alot about people, doing her major in some psychological crap I will never understand atm. And she thinks typology in general, may it be mbti or socionics is unhealthy, when done by unprofessionals. Thats why aswell its not accpeted in psychology in Europe, cause the doctors think it can lead people to think of having problems they dont have or of talking people themselves into something.

That I am telling you this and that I jump at you from time to time in the forums is because I think you are indeed a very deep and profound thinker aswell and you will probably now alot more about people than I will ever do in the long run, when you learn and interact. I am just trying to warn you of the psychological distance needed to the whole topic and that typology isnt always congruent to reality. We got enough nutcases already on the forum, dont need another one .

I promise you tho in the hand, after I have gotten to know you better on the forums and I am convinced you have the necessary psychological distance to the topic, I am gonna give it a try aswell and try to type you in socionics.

(Or buy you a beer or something, whatever you want, I owe you something, jumped you alot of times already )
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]