• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My Turn!!!

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
that could be enneagram 3? :p

I think you're INFP-3, with high E and T.

I definitely see the enneagram 3 now, I read a proper profile in detail, and was completely surprised at how much it pinned me down on (especially the imitating other types/deceiving people, which I couldn't link to MBTI at all). But I don't think INFP fits yet. I noticed yesterday the amount of energy I gain from others is crazy. I was incredibly unhappy, I failed my course due to sleeping in and missing lab sessions, I just happened to run into a couple of my friends (one of which I barely knew), and suddenly I was loud, incredibly narcissistic/self obsessed, and jovial.

All I think I have is XNXP ennea-3. Unless my F and I is completely over-ridden by my enneagram, I'm definitely ENTP.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I feel like going INFP 3 enneagram for a while (I'm expecting a long while), I've had enough of changing types so frequently. What I'm really going to focus on is cutting off my Pness :)horor:). I think because of the enneagram 3, I have covered up all of my Fi tendencies, as well as developing Ti, which probably isn't as powerful as it could be. Well, that would explain why I don't feel right as an ENTP, and I don't feel right as an INFP... enneagram three INFP... sooo awesome!!! :wub:

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Somehow, I really don't think I fit INFP at all... academically I'm a bit of a fail, I'm really not into spirituality at all, I tend to talk about myself more than listen, I'm not particularly aggressive (I can be if I really try, but I usually find it funny). I'll keep reading profiles until I work it out I guess

iseekserendipity

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w?
Somehow, I really don't think I fit INFP at all... academically I'm a bit of a fail, I'm really not into spirituality at all, I tend to talk about myself more than listen, I'm not particularly aggressive (I can be if I really try, but I usually find it funny). I'll keep reading profiles until I work it out I guess

I can understand. I find it hard to pinpoint myself (and needless to say, I am not even attempting to pinpoint others - even though I tried here, because... you know, I got a "vibe" *sigh* And I reacted, knowing that I could be awfully wrong...) Personally, I tend to associate with a type's flaws more than its qualities (or assets, or whatever).

This, by the way, is my way of saying: I keep "listening" (i.e. reading - just so you know: lack of reaction does not equal lack of interest)... I just don't respond anymore because I doubt the value of my feedback (and I'm the queen of second guessing my reactions/instincts). But I seriously enjoy listening to/reading your reactions. :)

Chloe

I noticed yesterday the amount of energy I gain from others is crazy. I was incredibly unhappy, I failed my course due to sleeping in and missing lab sessions, I just happened to run into a couple of my friends (one of which I barely knew), and suddenly I was loud, incredibly narcissistic/self obsessed, and jovial.

but this is a trait of enneagram 3, why do they call Threes "The Performer" :)?

All I think I have is XNXP ennea-3. Unless my F and I is completely over-ridden by my enneagram, I'm definitely ENTP.

well, i'm just saying purely on gut, not really any reasoning behind my idea...
anyway, i think you must be an F because:
1. you were very emotional child!!!
2. i think you confuse having high T with being T. just as you said, you have high T, you're intelligent, but you maybe prefer F still. Which doesn't mean you are unable to think... because you developed it so high.

We are very similar in some things this is how i figured out you're Three, and this is why I think you're n F (maybe)....
I have extremely high T but it comes after F. F is more natural

anyway, Three more looks like ExTJ types, and it's pretty in conflict with NFP, and INFP even more..... so maybe you should look at that? it's to expect for nfp-3 to look like Ts, especially at young age.
look at this... browse through 81-89 page

do you often have conflicts like feelings vs. logic??

so you basically said you dont fit in INTP, ENTP, INFP, ENFP... which means you're missing big picture about your type...

Chloe

1. i'm a bit of fail academically but thats because of no motivation, you can be corrupted 3 :D
2. i'm not that into spirituality and i'm nf... but i'm in "search for the self", are you? :newwink:
3. huh, Three? :D
4. why would you be aggressive?:huh:

Chloe

I feel like going INFP 3 enneagram for a while (I'm expecting a long while), I've had enough of changing types so frequently. What I'm really going to focus on is cutting off my Pness :)horor:). I think because of the enneagram 3, I have covered up all of my Fi tendencies, as well as developing Ti, which probably isn't as powerful as it could be. Well, that would explain why I don't feel right as an ENTP, and I don't feel right as an INFP... enneagram three INFP... sooo awesome!!! :wub:

this sounds like typicial NFP vs. Three inner conflict, feelings vs. logic. I have it also.
okay, you might be E, I can't tell that... but I still am for real NFP, with T defense system - three :)

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can understand. I find it hard to pinpoint myself (and needless to say, I am not even attempting to pinpoint others - even though I tried here, because... you know, I got a "vibe" *sigh* And I reacted, knowing that I could be awfully wrong...) Personally, I tend to associate with a type's flaws more than its qualities (or assets, or whatever).

This, by the way, is my way of saying: I keep "listening" (i.e. reading - just so you know: lack of reaction does not equal lack of interest)... I just don't respond anymore because I doubt the value of my feedback (and I'm the queen of second guessing my reactions/instincts). But I seriously enjoy listening to/reading your reactions. :)
lol, I could add to this much much more if someone was responding more frequently.

And I'll add: I love fluffiness :D *chuckles*
Don't you mean you ":heart:" fluffyness?

but this is a trait of enneagram 3, why do they call Threes "The Performer" :)?

I thought they called threes the "achiever". The only information I have in determining the wing is that 3w2s are more social, 3w4s are less social, I score quite low on 4, and rather high on 2, would that make me 3w4 or 3w2?

hmmm... I think I want everything to fit perfectly, as soon as a contradiction comes about, I should probably just- :17026:

well, i'm just saying purely on gut, not really any reasoning behind my idea...
anyway, i think you must be an F because:
1. you were very emotional child!!!
2. i think you confuse having high T with being T. just as you said, you have high T, you're intelligent, but you maybe prefer F still. Which doesn't mean you are unable to think... because you developed it so high.

I think maybe the enneagram has increased the value I place on thinking, which lead to development of the trait. What makes you think I was an emotional child? Either way I have a fair dose of Ne. And you can see the T/F thing other way around, I could be a T with a high F, or an F with high T. But considering the enneagram, I would be more inclined to reduce the amount of F present. And I think this actually explains the high P levels, Fi is a judging function, so if I have shut it down and started relying on the Ti shadow function, then I loose out in the Judging section, but my Ne becomes relatively high, which resembles an ENTP's functional preference.

But isn't the basis for being an ENTP the functional order!?! but perhaps my Fi is strong, but has been suppressed, perhaps if I try to be an INFP for a while, I might realize that it is indeed more natural for me...

We are very similar in some things this is how i figured out you're Three, and this is why I think you're n F (maybe)....
I have extremely high T but it comes after F. F is more natural

anyway, Three more looks like ExTJ types, and it's pretty in conflict with NFP, and INFP even more..... so maybe you should look at that? it's to expect for nfp-3 to look like Ts, especially at young age.
look at this... browse through 81-89 page

do you often have conflicts like feelings vs. logic??

so you basically said you dont fit in INTP, ENTP, INFP, ENFP... which means you're missing big picture about your type...

I don't know if I have conflicts, but I do remember a situation in which I had to decide whether or not to give my brother 15 or 20 dollars from mums bank account, he insisted that I give him 20. I thought 15, but I could've been wrong. So logically, I decided to give him 15, as he'll live and less money will be spent. But in a more feeling based way, I could have given him the 20 just in case. I took the logical option, but felt bad after. So there was definitely a conflict there, it took me some time to actually make the decision.

1. i'm a bit of fail academically but thats because of no motivation, you can be corrupted 3 :D
2. i'm not that into spirituality and i'm nf... but i'm in "search for the self", are you? :newwink:
3. huh, Three? :D
4. why would you be aggressive?:huh:

I'm going by the profile here, and there is also the enjoyment of praise... which I actually find highly annoying (my dad does it all the time, I try to ignore it, but I feel used or something), but that could just be a 3 trait, i don't know anymore :)

this sounds like typicial NFP vs. Three inner conflict, feelings vs. logic. I have it also.
okay, you might be E, I can't tell that... but I still am for real NFP, with T defense system - three :)

Your defense system would be Te right? It would make no sense for an INFP 3 enneagram to use Te, so I guess I've developed Ti? Again, that increases the amount of P, Te is much easier to use for an ENFP which probably help you balance your P.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, I think this means that I get balance at the cost of inner conflict (and my Pness reigns supreme). What should I be trying to develop to reduce my P? Fi? Si? Te? Ti? ... well, If I try to be more organized and less indecisive maybe the functions will sort themselves out.

iseekserendipity

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w?
Well, I think this means that I get balance at the cost of inner conflict (and my Pness reigns supreme). What should I be trying to develop to reduce my P? Fi? Si? Te? Ti? ... well, If I try to be more organized and less indecisive maybe the functions will sort themselves out.

This is a reason why I personally hesitate on the J. From what I've read, the INFJs can have lots of P but want to "work on losing it" (or at least want to work on it). Then again, I can see why you'd see yourself as I/E hesitant...

Just thinking out loud.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is a reason why I personally hesitate on the J. From what I've read, the INFJs can have lots of P but want to "work on losing it" (or at least want to work on it). Then again, I can see why you'd see yourself as I/E hesitant...

Just thinking out loud.

Lol, it's strange how some types can seem to vary naturally along the scale, no wonder sociology swaps the p and j for introverts.

well, ENTPs are considered socially introverted and often test as INTPs, so I could be an ENTP with a low extroversion, or I could be conflicted by my enneagram and be an INFP with low introversion... :huh: I'm not seeing much consistency here. The other point is that I could be ENTP who has a strong tertiary function... or I could be an INFP who hides his dominant function due to enneagram 3, and developed Ti/Te. The INFP solution sounds fairly unlikely, but I don't think I would have any uncertainty in the I/E department if I had Ne & Fe going berserk on people.

G

garbage

Well, I feel your pain with trying to nail down a type, and being an Enneagram 3 doesn't help matters, either :D

Do you have any results of other tests, such as Big 5, personality patterns, .. and so on? Those might help to shed more light on the picture, from which a MBTI type could be extracted.

Sol_

MBTI Type
ESTJ
I relate to jack sparrow, what type is he? Johny depp is a bit weird though.

These are absent in my list, there are many others. :) Using list you should catch what is _common_ in impressions giving by people of each one type (the more men in type, the better).

I've been studying other people quite a lot

If you studied MBT only, then you studied some wrong things. You should try original Jung's works and socionics, in order that all things found their correct places.

And I wish you to have more scepticism about types wich other people say to you, and what these people say about their traits.

I have said core things about your case, so I finished discussion in this thread.

iseekserendipity

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w?
Lol, it's strange how some types can seem to vary naturally along the scale, no wonder sociology swaps the p and j for introverts.

well, ENTPs are considered socially introverted and often test as INTPs, so I could be an ENTP with a low extroversion, or I could be conflicted by my enneagram and be an INFP with low introversion... :huh: I'm not seeing much consistency here. The other point is that I could be ENTP who has a strong tertiary function... or I could be an INFP who hides his dominant function due to enneagram 3, and developed Ti/Te. The INFP solution sounds fairly unlikely, but I don't think I would have any uncertainty in the I/E department if I had Ne & Fe going berserk on people.

Actually, I meant to say that I hesitated on my own affinity with J. :doh: Ha. Of course that's my current theory or understanding...
I'm going to stop throwing things out there because I'm still really learning myself :D And in that sense, it's probably not helping. ;)
I like outbursts personally because although they are frustrating in the moment and create awkward moments after, they're often the only way I can realize that something else is out of balance. Hehe.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, I feel your pain with trying to nail down a type, and being an Enneagram 3 doesn't help matters, either :D

Do you have any results of other tests, such as Big 5, personality patterns, .. and so on? Those might help to shed more light on the picture, from which a MBTI type could be extracted.

Being an INFP and a 3 doesn't help matters even more... let's just cram conflict into the equation:
ennea - 3 + INFP = conflict + ENTP

ennea=9, therefore,
6 + INFP = conflict + ENTP

conflict can be rated on a 1 to 10 scale, in my case, I would put it at 7,
INFP -1 = ENTP

... :shock:

The sloan test I seem to score XCUXI
Usually I'll score more towards A than E, but it tends to go either way...

Most recently, I discovered that I'm a Phlegmatic/Sanguine mix, Phlegmatic being dominant. I read the profile, and it seemed to fit rather well. The most recent MBTI test I took keeps telling me that I'm an INXJ :laugh:, with INFP somewhere in 3rd or 4th place. In a socionics test, I actually continually scored ESFP :blink:, I bet that if I took it again, I would still score ESFP :unsure:

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
These are absent in my list, there are many others. :) Using list you should catch what is _common_ in impressions giving by people of each one type (the more men in type, the better).

If you studied MBT only, then you studied some wrong things. You should try original Jung's works and socionics, in order that all things found their correct places.

And I wish you to have more scepticism about types wich other people say to you, and what these people say about their traits.

I have said core things about your case, so I finished discussion in this thread.
I can't say that I can follow what most of your posts are saying, but I think I get the general idea. The problem is that even INFPs disagree with most of their own profiles... but that could just be because they are modest or something. I'll probably just slowly expose myself to the theory as I go, I don't think I see the theory as such a big deal, whereas it really is...

Actually, I meant to say that I hesitated on my own affinity with J. :doh: Ha. Of course that's my current theory or understanding...
I'm going to stop throwing things out there because I'm still really learning myself :D And in that sense, it's probably not helping. ;)
I like outbursts personally because although they are frustrating in the moment and create awkward moments after, they're often the only way I can realize that something else is out of balance. Hehe.

And I was thinking that I had worked out what you were trying to say... oh, and the more you throw out there the more I can work out about how others perceive me :). You also don't need to be an expert on MBTI to share an experience or something that you do, it just means that nobody can assume that you really are what you say you are...

Chloe

did you read socionics descriptions? which fits you??

I really don't understand how don't you fit in ANY type better than other... why don't you try be more objective?
you are saying so many details about your actions, motives, and bigger picture?
for god sake, you MUST know are you emotional or not, I mean, guided by emotions or not...

btw. try this: Try to describe yourself in maximum 10 sentences? Now. Here. like it's third person,like you're describing your friend or somethings. So bigger picture, objectively

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
did you read socionics descriptions? which fits you??

I really don't understand how don't you fit in ANY type better than other... why don't you try be more objective?
you are saying so many details about your actions, motives, and bigger picture?
for god sake, you MUST know are you emotional or not, I mean, guided by emotions or not...

btw. try this: Try to describe yourself in maximum 10 sentences? Now. Here. like it's third person,like you're describing your friend or somethings. So bigger picture, objectively

I'd probably have trouble describing my friends as well, but anyways, I'll do it in points, I dislike sentences as I tend to make them waffly:
1. A friendly guy, always smiling or laughing (or at least never down or upset), I'll talk to anyone as long as there is something to talk about, but I don't think it's always been that way, I used to have a lack of self appreciation or something, everyone was better than me until further notice.
2. Always willing to do stupid, daring or pointless things, just to entertain people, stealing things, giving stale biscuits to the people on the next table and other mildly mischievous things.
3. Naive and under experienced in knowledge and such, does everything like a child that's still learning, gets good at it quickly... but not persistant enough to get GREAT.
4. Very laid back, everything is about entertainment, no dramas, I don't care if you spill ink all over me, but I'll retaliate if that's what people expect, or if I find it entertaining.
5. Not eccentric or anything, just a little bit of a nerd... you know... the cool kind ;), Probably a little image conscious, if there's cool people around, be less nerd, if not, be more nerd (it depends on which side dominates)
6. Often unaware that a joke has been made (even by himself), or just doesn't get it... which can be a joke in itself of course, but someone has to explain it.
7. Always asking questions, wondering why/how things do what they do, sort of like... highly curious... this emote describes it well: :thinking:. Perhaps you could call that philosophical, but I never go much further beyond the question.
8. Doesn't whinge or fuss... *slips over* --- GET THE FUCK BACK UP! then laugh it off.
9. Highly prone to addiction, can't stop himself from playing games and drinking just one more
10. Likes to create things, but isn't particularly fanciful about it, neat, precise, efficient, but never about nature or any sort of passionate cause, doesn't care about the emotions envoked, just wants to amaze/be amazed by it all.