• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My Turn!!!

Chloe

Did you fit better when you were kid in profile of ENP child, or IFP, ITP, ESP?

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Did you fit better when you were kid in profile of ENP child, or IFP, ITP, ESP?

I've got no idea, my childhood was full of meaningless videogames and pointless schoolwork. I think there was a fair bit of imagination involved, pretending to be power rangers and etc. :D. I remember one moment when one of my friends told me that he would ditch me unless I gave him my chocolate bar, that really got to me :cry:, lol. I can remember enjoying making other people feel good, when my mother yelled at me, I wanted to make her feel better, rather than me. I could never grasp reading quickly, But I didn't want anyone to know that, So I lied about finishing books quickly and pretended to read quite fast and stuff. I was removed from people most of the time, I didn't want any trouble from anything or anyone. I remember a friend I had that everyone hated, he once asked me if we were actually friends, and I told him no. I don't know why. The same sort of thing happened again with another friend, someone asked me why I hung out with him, and I said that I wanted him to teach me. When it came to girls, I missed all of the opportunities available. Some of the girls I liked and hung out with we're definitely into me (which I realized after reflecting upon it a year or so later), but I messed it up each and every time. On one occasion I was hassled by a guy, who was asking me if I liked some red haired girl that was in my particular friends group. He hassled me so much, that suddenly I just gave in, everything became awkward then. I had a habit of not doing homework assignments, loosing everything, leaving things everywhere (etc.) the P definitely showed up :p. My mum started go into a depression at one point, and began directing all of her wild emotions right at me. Every time she yelled at me, I wonder why the fuck she was doing it, she criticized everything I did, said things like I was a bad child, I was like: :huh:, I knew what most other kids were like, much more terrifying than me, burning things, trashing houses, all I ever did was play games really.

I can't recall much more than that, I don't think all that much stood out from my childhood, except that it was a pretty big waste of time :)

Chloe

i don't understand - were you social kid or not? (kid i mean under 10)

ah, hell, i don't know :D but i like became completely interested now more and more lol

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i don't understand - were you social kid or not? (kid i mean under 10)

ah, hell, i don't know :D but i like became completely interested now more and more lol

I don't remember being very social, I didn't fit in for one, most kids were deeply into sports and cars and trucks, I was into lego, games and stuff knows what else. I was never the center of attention or anything though, I don't know if I wanted or needed other people. I did want a different life though, I often wanted to just start again. I either hated what I had, or just wanted something else, I'm not too sure. I'm just throwing out as much info as possible now :laugh:

iseekserendipity

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w?
General: ENFPs are both "idea"-people and "people"-people, who see everyone and everything as part of an often bizarre cosmic whole. They want to both help (at least, their own definition of "help") and be liked and admired by other people, on both an individual and a humanitarian level. They are interested in new ideas on principle, but ultimately discard most of them for one reason or another.

I think you probably are an ENFP. Allow me if I may:

ENFP are known for struggling with inconsistencies - but as FPs are idealists (in the sense that they aim for an ideal - something that may not be real and tangible now but is what seems 'best' or (ha) 'ideal' to them);

Following that logic, if ENFP note some of their weaknesses are keeping them from being satisfied (self satisfied being a form of satisfaction, and their aiming/working for their ideals being a way to satisfy themselves) I think an ENFP may develop traits that are potentially "less natural" for him/her in order to progress (keeping in mind that ENFPs are, as I recently discovered, Catalyst Get-Things-Going types).

This may or may not apply to you. I'm just throwing it out there. I'm using my example but keeping in mind that I may very much be using your font color and your pleasure in keeping people on their toes as an excuse to practice shameless projection. I apologize if it's the case! :) And tell me if it is. :)

(I'm going to continue now, and let myself be influenced by more of your exchange with others)

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think you probably are an ENFP. Allow me if I may:

ENFP are known for struggling with inconsistencies - but as FPs are idealists (in the sense that they aim for an ideal - something that may not be real and tangible now but is what seems 'best' or (ha) 'ideal' to them);

Following that logic, if ENFP note some of their weaknesses are keeping them from being satisfied (self satisfied being a form of satisfaction, and their aiming/working for their ideals being a way to satisfy themselves) I think an ENFP may develop traits that are potentially "less natural" for him/her in order to progress (keeping in mind that ENFPs are, as I recently discovered, Catalyst Get-Things-Going types).

This may or may not apply to you. I'm just throwing it out there. I'm using my example but keeping in mind that I may very much be using your font color and your pleasure in keeping people on their toes as an excuse to practice shameless projection. I apologize if it's the case! :) And tell me if it is. :)

(I'm going to continue now, and let myself be influenced by more of your exchange with others)

Was there anything back there that I should be ashamed of? That ENFP profile did seem to fit rather well, and I use font colours when bold doesn't cut it, not because I like the colours or something, just so you know. hmmm, I might read up on whole heap of profiles and see which types like to "keep people on their toes". Surely I've spouted enough information about to be typed, maybe I'll be able to connect some of that childhood stuff up to an actual type :thinking:

[add]: Now that I think about it a bit more, the main reason I used colours when commenting on what I said was because Bold wouldn't stand out enough for other people to read it. Surely that's connected to Fi versus Fe? The problem is, I can't work out if I care because I'm sympathizing, or empathizing? (my understanding is that Fi= empathy, Fe=sympathy.) I would consider my motive to be more sympathetic in any case, but what if I'm subconsciously empathizing so fast that I don't notice it?

G

garbage

Along with the other stuff that's been said, you're pretty adamant about finding the right type, which probably also relates to a sense of longing for identity--giving personal meaning to the MBTI. So, ENFP.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Along with the other stuff that's been said, you're pretty adamant about finding the right type, which probably also relates to a sense of longing for identity--giving personal meaning to the MBTI. So, ENFP.

You could look at that in two ways I think, for one, I'm enjoying it because it's eluding me and I think I'm getting close to figuring it out, it's just a puzzle that I can't crack. It's also rather self centered, which I think I enjoy quite a lot, I'm not sure what that says about me, I like typing other people too, it's just mine is much more interesting :yes:. Sorry if I'm opposing every conclusion that everyone makes, it's kind of a natural reaction I guess :blush:, your help is actually valuable to me :newwink:.

Rejecting everything is a rather ENFP thing to do though isn't it? "They are interested in new ideas on principle, but ultimately discard most of them for one reason or another." But ENTPs are debaters, is this how most of them debate?

[add]: The person fits the type, the type does not make the person. I see it as: me ---> category, rather than having ENTP/ENFP define me. But maybe you're right, maybe it's more of a subconscious thing, perhaps deep down I feel that if I can work this out, I can understand myself better? I would've thought that would be more of a conscious thing, understanding your feelings is an F type trait isn't it? Or is that just a misconception? The F type is probably more about morals than feelings, ability is much more of a individually based thing, is there such thing as an F that doesn't understand how they feel about something?

I'm really in a thinking mood at the moment, hey? :D

Chloe

All NFs long for knowing identity???

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
You sound like you're just going through an identity crisis. Whenever I get introspective like that, I can come off quite F like because I lose the ability to be objective about my feelings/desires. I end up confusing myself. But I always know the truth deep down and snap out of it a few days later.

G

garbage

I think it's safe to assume that you're a guy, right? Yeah, male ENFPs can definitely pass for ENTP, and often ENTJ, too.

You could look at that in two ways I think,

Definitely a Ne trait :)

Sorry if I'm opposing every conclusion that everyone makes, it's kind of a natural reaction I guess :blush:, your help is actually valuable to me :newwink:.

yeah we tend to apologize a lot for stuff that we don't really need to apologize for ;)

Rejecting everything is a rather ENFP thing to do though isn't it? "They are interested in new ideas on principle, but ultimately discard most of them for one reason or another." But ENTPs are debaters, is this how most of them debate?

On another forum, I'm having a discussion about my Enneagram type and questioning most of the conclusions that others make, just like you are here. One person was pretty supportive of 3w2, where I thought 6w5.. and after some "rigorous testing" of his conclusions with portions of the 6 that fit me, I extensively read up on the 3 and saw where it could very well fit me.

(But then, just like MBTI, I can see where a lot of types fit me.)

If your mode of operation is anything like mine, we might be the same type. :)

Ultimately, this typing business is up to you.. just use us as a sounding board for what you might be thinking.

I fail to see where I said "all." It's a typical trait of Kiersey's description of the NF's underlying motivations.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You sound like you're just going through an identity crisis. Whenever I get introspective like that, I can come off quite F like because I lose the ability to be objective about my feelings/desires. I end up confusing myself. But I always know the truth deep down and snap out of it a few days later.

I'll probably figure that out after doing it a few times, for now, I don't quite believe you, lol. I'm having an identity crisis and I'm in denial? Talk about two birds with one stone :D. I'm enjoying the thinking/reflecting thing though, so I'll probably keep doing it... nope, changed my mind... or did I :laugh:, okay, I'm going bonkers now, I'll just stop typing.

ok, I'm changing my mind again, you could definitely be right here, as soon as I start to consider that maybe I'm tricking myself everything becomes kind of circular.

I think it's safe to assume that you're a guy, right? Yeah, male ENFPs can definitely pass for ENTP, and often ENTJ, too.

Definitely a Ne trait :)

yeah we tend to apologize a lot for stuff that we don't really need to apologize for ;)

On another forum, I'm having a discussion about my Enneagram type and questioning most of the conclusions that others make, just like you are here. One person was pretty supportive of 3w2, where I thought 6w5.. and after some "rigorous testing" of his conclusions with portions of the 6 that fit me, I extensively read up on the 3 and saw where it could very well fit me.

(But then, just like MBTI, I can see where a lot of types fit me.)

If your mode of operation is anything like mine, we might be the same type. :)

Ultimately, this typing business is up to you.. just use us as a sounding board for what you might be thinking.

I fail to see where I said "all." It's a typical trait of Kiersey's description of the NF's underlying motivations.

It's good to know that I'm not pissing everyone off in doing this :blush:, I've come up with a few good ways to type myself, I almost posted them before, but accidentally deleted it in a flurry of cutting and pasting things :doh:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I like to review my type frequently, I feel like discussing myself atm too, so I'll fire away :D... I'm going to scribble all over this with crayonz... be very very afraid...

Are you my twin??? You sound exactly like me!!!!!!

Yes, but if you subscribe to the theory of function order, you are no longer speaking of just Ti vs Fi, but also Fe vs Te...

When someone meets you in a business setting, would they describe you as a hard ass? A lot of ENFPs I meet in work seem like hard, organized people but when you get to know them they are just a bunch of softies.

When people meet me, they think I am so sweet and nice and observant. When they get to know me, they realize that I am a pit bull in a skirt. With killer heels.

Yes, this would describe me - I'm a hard, organized, professional person at work, and quiet and reserved in real life except when my silly switch is on, in which case I'm a total crazy NUT!

When I am in NeFe mode with strangers, I am very aware and observant of people. I rush to hold doors for people with packages, I always ask if people need water/coffee before I start my presentation. I am charmingly disarming. But I can't maintain that level of observation and/or caring for a long time, it exhausts me. After spells of NeFe, I must withdraw and recharge and can behave quite introverted.

When I am in NeTi mode with friends (debating, learning, studying, theorizing, arguing) I can go for days and never feel tired because there is no pulling of emotion. Pulling up emotion exhausts me.

HELLZ YEAH: At work, I have to be NeFe all the time - it's almost required as a teacher. The Ne energizes me, and the Fe drains me. Overall, it's very rewarding work, but I'm knocked out when I come home and I couldn't be bothered being Fe in my free time because I have to do that SO MUCH at work....

Yes, yes. People always say that I am such a sweet girl. And I am, but only as an afterthought - if there is not an important matter in front of me. I totally ignore the human factor when I am in NeTi mode - I couldn't care less about how anyone feels about anything, just get the fucking job done. If you don't like me, you can cry later - at home, please.

In NeFe, like at parties with a bunch of strangers, I can get as exhausted as an INTP at the end of the night because I have to be "on". I love it, but it's tiring. In NeTi, I am also "on" with my friends/colleagues, but it is much more of a natural state and therefore energizing.

HAHAHAHA, I love it, same as me, except it is NeFi!!!!!!!

And when I am in a really bad mood and have had no rest, I can become a nasty TiFe monster, which no one likes, not even me. While ENFPs have their own brand of nasty: the FiTe. *shudder*

Hellz yeah!!!!!

Hmm, can't say all, but I sure do. And I long to be true to myself and develop and grow. But that's just me.

If you can relate to a lot of what jenocyde said, you can probably narrow it down to EN?P. But I do not know if I can help you any more than that...I'm not an expert.

iseekserendipity

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w?
Was there anything back there that I should be ashamed of?

I meant it less in a context of shame and more in one of... mh... a trait or a behavior one sees as an obstacle to what one wants. To give you an example, many years ago I was an ENFP. I absolutely identified with the profile, and also with the flaws. I saw some flaws (like inconsistency and unreliability) as an obstacle to my success and ultimate happiness (although they generally provided an immediate satisfaction). Some would use their natural skills and talents to work on their (perceived) flaws. I thought (or felt) that traits I considered underdeveloped (keeping in mind I see most opposites - P/J, N/S, etc. - as all present, just some are more at home and others visit as guests). Well, I decided to use my "guests" to help my local residents manage. Of course, this may not be something that would seem logical to you or apply to you! :D

That ENFP profile did seem to fit rather well, and I use font colours when bold doesn't cut it, not because I like the colours or something, just so you know. hmmm, I might read up on whole heap of profiles and see which types like to "keep people on their toes". Surely I've spouted enough information about to be typed, maybe I'll be able to connect some of that childhood stuff up to an actual type :thinking:

[add]: Now that I think about it a bit more, the main reason I used colours when commenting on what I said was because Bold wouldn't stand out enough for other people to read it. Surely that's connected to Fi versus Fe? The problem is, I can't work out if I care because I'm sympathizing, or empathizing? (my understanding is that Fi= empathy, Fe=sympathy.) I would consider my motive to be more sympathetic in any case, but what if I'm subconsciously empathizing so fast that I don't notice it?

I can understand... One's true motivations are sometimes hard to find/identify...

I actually think the "keeping people on their toes" thing is pretty cool. And I like the color changes.

Personally, I've adopted a pretty casual approach to my own type because that way, it explains why I've learnt to integrate seemingly opposite functions, yet feel as much comfortable with one as the other. But I did that because that was the way to find peace of mind about it and felt authentic. And being ok if in ten years I think "oh no, I was wrong back then" because right now it feels and seems right...

I'm just sharing that because I know what it's like to want to know. :newwink:

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've been seriously trying to imitate ENTJs lately, and I've been wondering just how INFP I really am. The actual type is a bit of a mystery to me tbh, I associate it with the ultimate in feeling types, but for a male INFP, they are somewhat forced into developing other functions (i think). The strangest thing is, when I psyched myself up enough into being an ENTJ, I could FEEL the type, I felt self loathing (for being so slack), I have almost litterally transited to the type, the only thing I haven't done yet is lead anyone, although I have a sudden thirst for power. Would any other type be so capable of molding themselves? Fi is meant to be a function that understands others, and even in the descriptions, it is made out to be hard to understand. One other thing I noticed while being ENTJ-like, is that I resort to emotional manipulation when I seek power, there's a chance that all of that stuff is thought out logically with Ti or something, but would Ti even consider emotional manipulation? I could just be a 9w8 INFP, the 8 gives me some kind of thirst for power etc. I have also noticed that I am somewhat Idealistic... which I mistook for nothing but optimism :thinking:. Also, the ENTJ like behavior I am exerting may just be the ESTJ like behavior, as I am under what you could easily call 'a lot of stress'. Okay, and also, my lack of Fi/Ti could simply be because of the INFPness. They are considered reserved when it comes to feelings, they don't dispose of them towards just anyone, so all you can see in this forum is pure Ne. Most people think I am an ENFP, but there really isn't all that much there to say that I'm an E. Beat even said XNFP, my behavior isn't ENFP, that is for sure, Amar has proved this, I fake other types in a mischievous/entertaining/educating fashion. An ENFP wouldn't do this, that leaves either INFP or ENTP (unless INFP wouldn't do it either). Can an ENTP be more idealist in preference to realistic?

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ok, my confusion (if it could be called that) is finally done with, I'm definitely not an F, and I was rejected by the INTPs :D, I don't think I have their ability to concentrate so well, so I can only really be ENTP, my latest test was XNXP (although it was a SLOAN test), I can actually give some logical, but shaky arguments for my ENTPness, but it's not worth it, not at all, the entire MBTI theory seems too ghastly to actually work with. I think I get obsessed when I don't win, I'm not even going to try to put that into a category :laugh: