User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 98

Thread: My Turn!!!

  1. #71
    Ruler of the Stars Asterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,334

    Default

    Well, I think this means that I get balance at the cost of inner conflict (and my Pness reigns supreme). What should I be trying to develop to reduce my P? Fi? Si? Te? Ti? ... well, If I try to be more organized and less indecisive maybe the functions will sort themselves out.
    5 3 9

  2. #72
    Junior Member iseekserendipity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w?
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    Well, I think this means that I get balance at the cost of inner conflict (and my Pness reigns supreme). What should I be trying to develop to reduce my P? Fi? Si? Te? Ti? ... well, If I try to be more organized and less indecisive maybe the functions will sort themselves out.
    This is a reason why I personally hesitate on the J. From what I've read, the INFJs can have lots of P but want to "work on losing it" (or at least want to work on it). Then again, I can see why you'd see yourself as I/E hesitant...

    Just thinking out loud.
    I'm a work in progress.
    Different approaches, tastes, opinions, outlooks, personalities do not invalidate each other: they make the world more interesting.
    I have foot-in-mouth disease.

  3. #73
    Ruler of the Stars Asterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iseekserendipity View Post
    This is a reason why I personally hesitate on the J. From what I've read, the INFJs can have lots of P but want to "work on losing it" (or at least want to work on it). Then again, I can see why you'd see yourself as I/E hesitant...

    Just thinking out loud.
    Lol, it's strange how some types can seem to vary naturally along the scale, no wonder sociology swaps the p and j for introverts.

    well, ENTPs are considered socially introverted and often test as INTPs, so I could be an ENTP with a low extroversion, or I could be conflicted by my enneagram and be an INFP with low introversion... I'm not seeing much consistency here. The other point is that I could be ENTP who has a strong tertiary function... or I could be an INFP who hides his dominant function due to enneagram 3, and developed Ti/Te. The INFP solution sounds fairly unlikely, but I don't think I would have any uncertainty in the I/E department if I had Ne & Fe going berserk on people.
    5 3 9

  4. #74
    garbage
    Guest

    Default

    Well, I feel your pain with trying to nail down a type, and being an Enneagram 3 doesn't help matters, either

    Do you have any results of other tests, such as Big 5, personality patterns, .. and so on? Those might help to shed more light on the picture, from which a MBTI type could be extracted.

  5. #75
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Posts
    472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    I relate to jack sparrow, what type is he? Johny depp is a bit weird though.
    These are absent in my list, there are many others. Using list you should catch what is _common_ in impressions giving by people of each one type (the more men in type, the better).

    I've been studying other people quite a lot
    If you studied MBT only, then you studied some wrong things. You should try original Jung's works and socionics, in order that all things found their correct places.

    And I wish you to have more scepticism about types wich other people say to you, and what these people say about their traits.

    I have said core things about your case, so I finished discussion in this thread.

  6. #76
    Junior Member iseekserendipity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w?
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    Lol, it's strange how some types can seem to vary naturally along the scale, no wonder sociology swaps the p and j for introverts.

    well, ENTPs are considered socially introverted and often test as INTPs, so I could be an ENTP with a low extroversion, or I could be conflicted by my enneagram and be an INFP with low introversion... I'm not seeing much consistency here. The other point is that I could be ENTP who has a strong tertiary function... or I could be an INFP who hides his dominant function due to enneagram 3, and developed Ti/Te. The INFP solution sounds fairly unlikely, but I don't think I would have any uncertainty in the I/E department if I had Ne & Fe going berserk on people.
    Actually, I meant to say that I hesitated on my own affinity with J. Ha. Of course that's my current theory or understanding...
    I'm going to stop throwing things out there because I'm still really learning myself And in that sense, it's probably not helping.
    I like outbursts personally because although they are frustrating in the moment and create awkward moments after, they're often the only way I can realize that something else is out of balance. Hehe.
    I'm a work in progress.
    Different approaches, tastes, opinions, outlooks, personalities do not invalidate each other: they make the world more interesting.
    I have foot-in-mouth disease.

  7. #77
    Ruler of the Stars Asterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    Well, I feel your pain with trying to nail down a type, and being an Enneagram 3 doesn't help matters, either

    Do you have any results of other tests, such as Big 5, personality patterns, .. and so on? Those might help to shed more light on the picture, from which a MBTI type could be extracted.
    Being an INFP and a 3 doesn't help matters even more... let's just cram conflict into the equation:
    ennea - 3 + INFP = conflict + ENTP

    ennea=9, therefore,
    6 + INFP = conflict + ENTP

    conflict can be rated on a 1 to 10 scale, in my case, I would put it at 7,
    INFP -1 = ENTP

    ...

    The sloan test I seem to score XCUXI
    Usually I'll score more towards A than E, but it tends to go either way...

    Most recently, I discovered that I'm a Phlegmatic/Sanguine mix, Phlegmatic being dominant. I read the profile, and it seemed to fit rather well. The most recent MBTI test I took keeps telling me that I'm an INXJ , with INFP somewhere in 3rd or 4th place. In a socionics test, I actually continually scored ESFP , I bet that if I took it again, I would still score ESFP
    5 3 9

  8. #78
    Ruler of the Stars Asterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol_ View Post
    These are absent in my list, there are many others. Using list you should catch what is _common_ in impressions giving by people of each one type (the more men in type, the better).



    If you studied MBT only, then you studied some wrong things. You should try original Jung's works and socionics, in order that all things found their correct places.

    And I wish you to have more scepticism about types wich other people say to you, and what these people say about their traits.

    I have said core things about your case, so I finished discussion in this thread.
    I can't say that I can follow what most of your posts are saying, but I think I get the general idea. The problem is that even INFPs disagree with most of their own profiles... but that could just be because they are modest or something. I'll probably just slowly expose myself to the theory as I go, I don't think I see the theory as such a big deal, whereas it really is...

    Quote Originally Posted by iseekserendipity View Post
    Actually, I meant to say that I hesitated on my own affinity with J. Ha. Of course that's my current theory or understanding...
    I'm going to stop throwing things out there because I'm still really learning myself And in that sense, it's probably not helping.
    I like outbursts personally because although they are frustrating in the moment and create awkward moments after, they're often the only way I can realize that something else is out of balance. Hehe.
    And I was thinking that I had worked out what you were trying to say... oh, and the more you throw out there the more I can work out about how others perceive me . You also don't need to be an expert on MBTI to share an experience or something that you do, it just means that nobody can assume that you really are what you say you are...
    5 3 9

  9. #79
    Senior Member Chloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,204

    Default

    did you read socionics descriptions? which fits you??

    I really don't understand how don't you fit in ANY type better than other... why don't you try be more objective?
    you are saying so many details about your actions, motives, and bigger picture?
    for god sake, you MUST know are you emotional or not, I mean, guided by emotions or not...

    btw. try this: Try to describe yourself in maximum 10 sentences? Now. Here. like it's third person,like you're describing your friend or somethings. So bigger picture, objectively

  10. #80
    Ruler of the Stars Asterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    did you read socionics descriptions? which fits you??

    I really don't understand how don't you fit in ANY type better than other... why don't you try be more objective?
    you are saying so many details about your actions, motives, and bigger picture?
    for god sake, you MUST know are you emotional or not, I mean, guided by emotions or not...

    btw. try this: Try to describe yourself in maximum 10 sentences? Now. Here. like it's third person,like you're describing your friend or somethings. So bigger picture, objectively
    I'd probably have trouble describing my friends as well, but anyways, I'll do it in points, I dislike sentences as I tend to make them waffly:
    1. A friendly guy, always smiling or laughing (or at least never down or upset), I'll talk to anyone as long as there is something to talk about, but I don't think it's always been that way, I used to have a lack of self appreciation or something, everyone was better than me until further notice.
    2. Always willing to do stupid, daring or pointless things, just to entertain people, stealing things, giving stale biscuits to the people on the next table and other mildly mischievous things.
    3. Naive and under experienced in knowledge and such, does everything like a child that's still learning, gets good at it quickly... but not persistant enough to get GREAT.
    4. Very laid back, everything is about entertainment, no dramas, I don't care if you spill ink all over me, but I'll retaliate if that's what people expect, or if I find it entertaining.
    5. Not eccentric or anything, just a little bit of a nerd... you know... the cool kind , Probably a little image conscious, if there's cool people around, be less nerd, if not, be more nerd (it depends on which side dominates)
    6. Often unaware that a joke has been made (even by himself), or just doesn't get it... which can be a joke in itself of course, but someone has to explain it.
    7. Always asking questions, wondering why/how things do what they do, sort of like... highly curious... this emote describes it well: . Perhaps you could call that philosophical, but I never go much further beyond the question.
    8. Doesn't whinge or fuss... *slips over* --- GET THE FUCK BACK UP! then laugh it off.
    9. Highly prone to addiction, can't stop himself from playing games and drinking just one more
    10. Likes to create things, but isn't particularly fanciful about it, neat, precise, efficient, but never about nature or any sort of passionate cause, doesn't care about the emotions envoked, just wants to amaze/be amazed by it all.
    5 3 9

Similar Threads

  1. My Turn! My Turn! My Turn! OR - What's my type?
    By CzeCze in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 05-20-2010, 11:37 AM
  2. [NF] can someone please turn off the tv in my head?
    By v-in-tx in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-24-2009, 01:09 PM
  3. My turn, I guess..
    By Amargith in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-14-2009, 12:17 PM
  4. My turn on the popularity thread game hehehe
    By ThatGirl in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 01-19-2009, 05:48 PM
  5. A lurker turned participant: my introduction...
    By John in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-07-2008, 11:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO