User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: My Turn!!!

Did you fit better when you were kid in profile of ENP child, or IFP, ITP, ESP?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    Did you fit better when you were kid in profile of ENP child, or IFP, ITP, ESP?
    I've got no idea, my childhood was full of meaningless videogames and pointless schoolwork. I think there was a fair bit of imagination involved, pretending to be power rangers and etc. . I remember one moment when one of my friends told me that he would ditch me unless I gave him my chocolate bar, that really got to me , lol. I can remember enjoying making other people feel good, when my mother yelled at me, I wanted to make her feel better, rather than me. I could never grasp reading quickly, But I didn't want anyone to know that, So I lied about finishing books quickly and pretended to read quite fast and stuff. I was removed from people most of the time, I didn't want any trouble from anything or anyone. I remember a friend I had that everyone hated, he once asked me if we were actually friends, and I told him no. I don't know why. The same sort of thing happened again with another friend, someone asked me why I hung out with him, and I said that I wanted him to teach me. When it came to girls, I missed all of the opportunities available. Some of the girls I liked and hung out with we're definitely into me (which I realized after reflecting upon it a year or so later), but I messed it up each and every time. On one occasion I was hassled by a guy, who was asking me if I liked some red haired girl that was in my particular friends group. He hassled me so much, that suddenly I just gave in, everything became awkward then. I had a habit of not doing homework assignments, loosing everything, leaving things everywhere (etc.) the P definitely showed up :P. My mum started go into a depression at one point, and began directing all of her wild emotions right at me. Every time she yelled at me, I wonder why the fuck she was doing it, she criticized everything I did, said things like I was a bad child, I was like: , I knew what most other kids were like, much more terrifying than me, burning things, trashing houses, all I ever did was play games really.

I can't recall much more than that, I don't think all that much stood out from my childhood, except that it was a pretty big waste of time
    5 3 9

i don't understand - were you social kid or not? (kid i mean under 10)

ah, hell, i don't know but i like became completely interested now more and more lol

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    i don't understand - were you social kid or not? (kid i mean under 10)

ah, hell, i don't know but i like became completely interested now more and more lol
    I don't remember being very social, I didn't fit in for one, most kids were deeply into sports and cars and trucks, I was into lego, games and stuff knows what else. I was never the center of attention or anything though, I don't know if I wanted or needed other people. I did want a different life though, I often wanted to just start again. I either hated what I had, or just wanted something else, I'm not too sure. I'm just throwing out as much info as possible now
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w?

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    General: ENFPs are both "idea"-people and "people"-people, who see everyone and everything as part of an often bizarre cosmic whole. They want to both help (at least, their own definition of "help") and be liked and admired by other people, on both an individual and a humanitarian level. They are interested in new ideas on principle, but ultimately discard most of them for one reason or another.
    I think you probably are an ENFP. Allow me if I may:

ENFP are known for struggling with inconsistencies - but as FPs are idealists (in the sense that they aim for an ideal - something that may not be real and tangible now but is what seems 'best' or (ha) 'ideal' to them);

Following that logic, if ENFP note some of their weaknesses are keeping them from being satisfied (self satisfied being a form of satisfaction, and their aiming/working for their ideals being a way to satisfy themselves) I think an ENFP may develop traits that are potentially "less natural" for him/her in order to progress (keeping in mind that ENFPs are, as I recently discovered, Catalyst Get-Things-Going types).

This may or may not apply to you. I'm just throwing it out there. I'm using my example but keeping in mind that I may very much be using your font color and your pleasure in keeping people on their toes as an excuse to practice shameless projection. I apologize if it's the case! And tell me if it is.

(I'm going to continue now, and let myself be influenced by more of your exchange with others)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by iseekserendipity View Post
    I think you probably are an ENFP. Allow me if I may:

ENFP are known for struggling with inconsistencies - but as FPs are idealists (in the sense that they aim for an ideal - something that may not be real and tangible now but is what seems 'best' or (ha) 'ideal' to them);

Following that logic, if ENFP note some of their weaknesses are keeping them from being satisfied (self satisfied being a form of satisfaction, and their aiming/working for their ideals being a way to satisfy themselves) I think an ENFP may develop traits that are potentially "less natural" for him/her in order to progress (keeping in mind that ENFPs are, as I recently discovered, Catalyst Get-Things-Going types).

This may or may not apply to you. I'm just throwing it out there. I'm using my example but keeping in mind that I may very much be using your font color and your pleasure in keeping people on their toes as an excuse to practice shameless projection. I apologize if it's the case! And tell me if it is.

(I'm going to continue now, and let myself be influenced by more of your exchange with others)
    Was there anything back there that I should be ashamed of? That ENFP profile did seem to fit rather well, and I use font colours when bold doesn't cut it, not because I like the colours or something, just so you know. hmmm, I might read up on whole heap of profiles and see which types like to "keep people on their toes". Surely I've spouted enough information about to be typed, maybe I'll be able to connect some of that childhood stuff up to an actual type

[add]: Now that I think about it a bit more, the main reason I used colours when commenting on what I said was because Bold wouldn't stand out enough for other people to read it. Surely that's connected to Fi versus Fe? The problem is, I can't work out if I care because I'm sympathizing, or empathizing? (my understanding is that Fi= empathy, Fe=sympathy.) I would consider my motive to be more sympathetic in any case, but what if I'm subconsciously empathizing so fast that I don't notice it?
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Dislike being at home, I'd rather be anywhere else. I long for things that I don't have, despite me not always knowing what it is that I want.
    I think this longing that I get is evidence of the NF temperament
    http://www.keirsey.com/handler.aspx?...=5&c=architect
    5 3 9

garbage

Along with the other stuff that's been said, you're pretty adamant about finding the right type, which probably also relates to a sense of longing for identity--giving personal meaning to the MBTI. So, ENFP.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    Along with the other stuff that's been said, you're pretty adamant about finding the right type, which probably also relates to a sense of longing for identity--giving personal meaning to the MBTI. So, ENFP.
    You could look at that in two ways I think, for one, I'm enjoying it because it's eluding me and I think I'm getting close to figuring it out, it's just a puzzle that I can't crack. It's also rather self centered, which I think I enjoy quite a lot, I'm not sure what that says about me, I like typing other people too, it's just mine is much more interesting . Sorry if I'm opposing every conclusion that everyone makes, it's kind of a natural reaction I guess , your help is actually valuable to me .

Rejecting everything is a rather ENFP thing to do though isn't it? "They are interested in new ideas on principle, but ultimately discard most of them for one reason or another." But ENTPs are debaters, is this how most of them debate?

[add]: The person fits the type, the type does not make the person. I see it as: me ---> category, rather than having ENTP/ENFP define me. But maybe you're right, maybe it's more of a subconscious thing, perhaps deep down I feel that if I can work this out, I can understand myself better? I would've thought that would be more of a conscious thing, understanding your feelings is an F type trait isn't it? Or is that just a misconception? The F type is probably more about morals than feelings, ability is much more of a individually based thing, is there such thing as an F that doesn't understand how they feel about something?

I'm really in a thinking mood at the moment, hey?
    5 3 9

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    All NFs long for knowing identity???