User Tag List

First 8910

Thread: My Turn!!!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Well, I think I've worked it out. ENTP based on what I've been reading, and what I've observed in my own behavior. I'm quite convinced of my type now, I think many people are prone to stereotyping, and taking wild stabs in the dark when it comes to these typing things, I've given in to the research--> self analyze method.
    5 3 9

switch your P back to J, we have too many entps in this forum.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    switch your P back to J, we have too many entps in this forum.
    I'd prefer to hunt and kill off the ones that we already have
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Okay, as usual, I'm just posting brief thoughts and things that I've noted in my own behavioral patterns into this thread. I am generally horrible with building knowledge, which is pretty typical Ne, I need others to fill in this weakness. In socionics, they actually map out this weakness, Se types are quite good at knowledge gathering (my dad is an ESTP, he has thousands of facts tucked away neatly that just make me look really dumb :P), this makes me dead certain that I'm an Ne user, whether it's dominant or auxiliary. Also, those on the T/F divide are very unlikely to be dominant Fi or Ti, it wouldn't make any sense. INTPs are highly introverted and thinking, INFPs are highly introverted and feeling, I am neither of these, I am primarily intuitive, and that is also backed up by the perceiving. Intuition is thought of as an irrational function (whether Ne or Ni). So I'm either an INTJ, or an ENXP. I've looked into the INTJ description, and I can tell you now, that's my complete opposite. That leaves only ENXP to consider. I can relate to ENFP, but knowing what they're like IRL and on these forums, I can honestly say that I am not an ENFP. ENTP is the remaining option, it doesn't fit me perfectly, I'm much more modest, and whatnot, but it fits loosely.

I know I'm mixing socionics into MBTI, but it fills in the gaps quite well. ENTP for the win!
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I'm still changing types, I'm fair sure that I used to be introverted, I was the shyest thing you'd ever see in my childhood, I didn't like talking to strangers, my parents friends, or anything like that, I would occasionally ride my bike to my other friends house, but it's only one good friend. That means, that I was probably introverted, and slowly built up extroverted qualities, I test as an ambivert, I would definitely consider myself an ambivert, the tests line up with that consideration, some things I prefer to do in an extroverted fashion, others an introverted fashion.

One thing I really wonder about is the Ts capacity to be nice. I find that I am actually quite a fair bit more generous than I though, and there's no logical basis for most of it, it's just self sacrifice (although that's quite an exaggeration). I've also noticed that introverts can act rather extroverted when they are in the company of one or two close friends, even in a large crowd of people, they can often be the loudest, most talkative ones there, and in my case, I can talk to complete strangers as much as any extrovert provided I have something to comment on. I don't feel drained from talking to people, it's quite the opposite, they give me quite a lot to think about, and I often get sort of... drunk? after talking to people. One thing that I have noticed as a sign of introversion, is that I actually get headaches after being extroverty for an extended period of time, I'm pretty sure that's a physical sign of a secondary function in play.

Lastly, I need to work out if I'm more INTP or INFP, and from the looks of things, I'd have to say, INTP is pretty well ruled out. The way Ti builds a sort of library or data is somewhat alien to me. But then again, I don't think I can actually see the effects of my Fi, I suspect that it's just hard to tell without knowing full well what you're looking for.
    Last edited by Asterion; 06-24-2009 at 09:29 AM.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I've just encountered a very large doses of Ti... very very large, I just realized that I've been using it to do maths the entire time. I only just noticed it, I just found out that I have a significant lack of taste, it's incredible, I can't tell if something is bitter, I couldn't understand it, I couldn't define it. So in good old Ne fashion, I tried to apply vectors and define taste as a specific system, with sweet having a direction and a magnitude. I sampled some things that I was told are bitter, and tried to relate them to what I already know (eg. that flour is dry, so cocoa being dry is irrelevant to its bitter property). It is possible for an INFP to use Ti... but I feel quite comfortable doing it, I'm very drawn to it, It enables me to understand things (although, I don't understand taste just yet, It might help me develop a bit more Judging power... either way, I think this means that I'm an XNTP. Going by the serious lack of Si, I could say ENTP... but I used to be very introverted... I'm going with ambivert... that's what I test as now, 53% (leaning towards extrovert), I can relate to extroverts and introverts quite much. I also note that I don't care for such a meaningless thing as a birthday, all day I've had people saying happy birthday... I've found it rather annoying.
    5 3 9

is it your birthday? Happy Birthday! 20? awww. sweet.

anyway, yeah, could be ENTP, but still you had to use some kind of T to do the maths, I use Te (i guess) while doing math, and I find it very comfortable and easy, I enjoy it. But it's not my usual approach to life, with T. Some things you can't approach with F.

But yeah I would maybe go for ENTP for you after all of this.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    is it your birthday? Happy Birthday! 20? awww. sweet.

anyway, yeah, could be ENTP, but still you had to use some kind of T to do the maths, I use Te (i guess) while doing math, and I find it very comfortable and easy, I enjoy it. But it's not my usual approach to life, with T. Some things you can't approach with F.

But yeah I would maybe go for ENTP for you after all of this.
    I'm not J enough to seal the deal, I'll probably keep changing type as I gather more information. The thing that I don't like about functional order, is that you're comparing things that are entirely different, and trying to apply a size to them. How can Fi be 'bigger' than Ti if they don't share a common factor? If you could say that you have 13 units of Ne, and 2 units of Ni, you can easily tell that you have more Ne than Ni, but without any system, it's all hazy. A question that asks you if you think that you're good at empathizing with others has not relation to whatever other question is there. All you can really do is keep trying to understand everything until you get the big picture and realize where you fit into it. I need more MBTI resources...
    5 3 9