User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: FP/FJ?

MBTI
    INFP

Default FP/FJ?

Hey.

Well, I've done a few of the tests, and came out INFP except once I came out INFJ. INFP seems to fit me very well, except one thing I'm a bit confused about. I'm not too organised /orderly on the outside - I leave everything to the last minute, putting things in lists of order actually upsets me - I feel like I'll miss somethint out, so I'm not good with lists. I used to be terrible with homework, usually always handing it in late. I'm terrible at making decisions.

BUT, here's the thing. Inside my head I would say I'm kind of organised, even obsessive often. I have to plan things out in my head. I'll plan what I'm going to say to someone, what I'm going to do, etc. I need to know what's going to happen, what time, where. I thought that was more of an INFJ thing?

Any vibes from me? I am pushing more towards INFP, because most of it apllies very well. I'm just confused with this organised issue.

Thank you.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Well, if it helps you, my INFJ keeps on making a lot of lists on things so she doesnt forget about them. She never really understands her system so afterwards and therefore most of her lists die that way .

She is very organized and structured, quite obsessive in her mind aswell, but she hates it when people are too late or things that can be done immediantly, wont be done immediantly. She is allergic to laziness and needs to be stopped sometimes, when she is whirlwinding thru the household, so her reactor wont overheat

I would go with infp for you. (judging from only those small facts here of course)
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Well, if it helps you, my INFJ keeps on making a lot of lists on things so she doesnt forget about them. She never really understands her system so afterwards and therefore most of her lists die that way .

She is very organized and structured, quite obsessive in her mind aswell, but she hates it when people are too late or things that can be done immediantly, wont be done immediantly. She is allergic to laziness and needs to be stopped sometimes, when she is whirlwinding thru the household, so her reactor wont overheat

I would go with infp for you. (judging from only those small facts here of course)
    Thanks. That a good point with the lists actually. My mum is an INFJ, and she looovess lists, haha. She's definitely more organised than me on the outside. It's just I seem to need structure inside my head, hmmm....

MBTI
    INFP

Lucky you, there's a website just for this, INFPorINFJ? It provides dozens of ways to tell INFPs from INFJs. You may not agree with all of them, but odds are there is something in there that will click.

I'll edit this post in a bit with specific examples from that website that I agree with.

Ignore J or P listmaking vs. scheduling yadda yadda yadda. First, this is the shortcut. Do these six things and you will know if you are INFJ or INFP.

1. Confirm your Temperament. (make sure you're NF if you're unsure)
    2. Determine whether you prefer Informing or Directing. (INFJ is directing, INFP is informing)
    3. Choose which interaction style sounds most like you. (INFJ is chart-the-course, INFP is behind-the-scenes)
    4. Decide whether your F energy first goes inward or outward. (INFP introverts feeling, INFJ extraverts feeling)
    5. Consider your tertiary process -- are you drawn to clarifying or nostalgia? (INFP drawn to nostalgia through introverted sensing, INFJ drawn to clarifying through introverted thinking)
    6. Determine which process you use "heroically." (INFJ uses introverted intuition, INFP uses introverted feeling)

The internal organisation is a better indicator of the J/P. Also depends how do you feel about being unorganised etc?

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by ladyinspring View Post
    Lucky you, there's a website just for this, INFPorINFJ? It provides dozens of ways to tell INFPs from INFJs. You may not agree with all of them, but odds are there is something in there that will click.

I'll edit this post in a bit with specific examples from that website that I agree with.

Ignore J or P listmaking vs. scheduling yadda yadda yadda. First, this is the shortcut. Do these six things and you will know if you are INFJ or INFP.

1. Confirm your Temperament. (make sure you're NF if you're unsure)
    2. Determine whether you prefer Informing or Directing. (INFJ is directing, INFP is informing)
    3. Choose which interaction style sounds most like you. (INFJ is chart-the-course, INFP is behind-the-scenes)
    4. Decide whether your F energy first goes inward or outward. (INFP introverts feeling, INFJ extraverts feeling)
    5. Consider your tertiary process -- are you drawn to clarifying or nostalgia? (INFP drawn to nostalgia through introverted sensing, INFJ drawn to clarifying through introverted thinking)
    6. Determine which process you use "heroically." (INFJ uses introverted intuition, INFP uses introverted feeling)
    Thanks a lot for that, I appreciate it. I read most of that site, and have to stick with INFP. Atlough I can see myself in parts of INFJ, INFP is the one I'm still clicking with the most. I think I just got slightly the wrong idea on the whole meaning of J. This website cleared that up for me though. Thanks again.

your resident asshole

I would think that internal organization would point to a J.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    I would think that internal organization would point to a J.

I go through that same thing girlfrommars describes. I react badly to being "ordered" or "controlled" by something external (like a schedule, a list, a clock, whatever), but I am full of controls and rules on the inside. This is one reason why I thought I was ISFJ for the longest time. Learning about the fact that INFPs have a judging function as their dominant and have extraverted thinking as their aspirational function helped me to understand this seeming "j-ness". I think introverts in general can be less adaptable to change in the environment and seek to control it by controlling themselves if they have to.

MBTI
    INFP

I found a test I haven't done before.

Result:

Introverted (I) 62.86% Extroverted (E) 37.14%
    Intuitive (N) 57.14% Sensing (S) 42.86%
    Feeling (F) 65.52% Thinking (T) 34.48%
    Perceiving (P) 60% Judging (J) 40%

So yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlFromMars View Post
    I found a test I haven't done before.

Result: