User Tag List

First 12

Thread: FP/FJ?

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    You should do a functions test.
    Where do I find that? I'm kinda new to it all.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlFromMars View Post
    Where do I find that? I'm kinda new to it all.
    Sorry it's kinda long...
    http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/as...velop_old.html

Hopefully it will be useful to you.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Sorry it's kinda long...
    http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/as...velop_old.html

Hopefully it will be useful to you.
    Thanks a lot. I will give it a go and post results later. As I'm sure you're all very interested.

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by ladyinspring View Post
    I go through that same thing girlfrommars describes. I react badly to being "ordered" or "controlled" by something external (like a schedule, a list, a clock, whatever), but I am full of controls and rules on the inside. This is one reason why I thought I was ISFJ for the longest time. Learning about the fact that INFPs have a judging function as their dominant and have extraverted thinking as their aspirational function helped me to understand this seeming "j-ness". I think introverts in general can be less adaptable to change in the environment and seek to control it by controlling themselves if they have to.
    Ahh. Okay, I sort of get it.

your resident asshole

Thanks a lot. I will give it a go and post results later. As I'm sure you're all very interested.
    Oh yes.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Hey.

Well, I've done a few of the tests, and came out INFP except once I came out INFJ. INFP seems to fit me very well, except one thing I'm a bit confused about. I'm not too organised /orderly on the outside - I leave everything to the last minute, putting things in lists of order actually upsets me - I feel like I'll miss somethint out, so I'm not good with lists. I used to be terrible with homework, usually always handing it in late. I'm terrible at making decisions.
    Well, this post is very highly indicative of INFP, in my estimation. Your putting things off and poor planning/decision-making is about as characteristically P as it gets, and INFPs are typically not as physically organized as INFJs, in my experience.

BUT, here's the thing. Inside my head I would say I'm kind of organised, even obsessive often. I have to plan things out in my head. I'll plan what I'm going to say to someone, what I'm going to do, etc. I need to know what's going to happen, what time, where. I thought that was more of an INFJ thing?
    According to the archetypal functional model, that's because INFPs tend to be strong in Fi (internal, unchanging sense of subjective ethics by which everything is judged), which is a judging function--hence the greater internal organization and weaker command of the external world. (INFP's strongest extraverted function, the one used to interact with the external world, is typically Ne, which is a perceiving function, and worse yet, it's also one that doesn't have the external physical environment especially in focus. Having a perceiving function as the one which you rely on primarily for interaction with the outside world would likely explain your lack of external organization.

Now, it may seem a bit odd that you're a P yet dominant in a judging function (Fi.) (Judging functions are Fi/Fe/Ti/Te and Perceiving functions are Ni/Ne/Si/Se.) This is because in MBTI, the P/J refers to whatever your strongest extraverted function is, not your dominant.

It just so happens that for Extraverts, the strongest extraverted function IS the dominant; that is why they're extraverted. But for Introverts, the strongest extraverted function is the auxiliary--in your case Ne--and that is the one that determines the P or J attitude observed by the outside world in your interactions with it, and thereby your fourth letter.

Any vibes from me? I am pushing more towards INFP, because most of it apllies very well. I'm just confused with this organised issue.

Thank you.
    90% sure INFP.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INFP

Thanks so much, simulated. I appreciate that. It's all very interesting. I will get the hang of these types eventually.

It will be interesting to see my functions results. But I'm...er....procrastinating right now.

your resident asshole

It will be interesting to see my functions results. But I'm...er....procrastinating right now.
    P, definitely.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    P, definitely.

Yes, I think so. Haha.

I'll get around to it...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Thanks so much, simulated. I appreciate that. It's all very interesting. I will get the hang of these types eventually.

Functions are a somewhat useful perspective from which to examine your own mental processes. They also further explain the 16 imaginary archetypes, which allows you to better approximate real people's types.

It's just important to remember that nobody really fits the molds perfectly, and many people are very near the borderlines between types. It's conceptually useful to understand what the functional terminology means, but remember that real human interaction is much more complex than this, and so attempting to read precise functions into the actions of others will always retain two key properties:

1) Speculative at best, and
    2) Totally subservient to the firsthand knowledge provided by that person's subjective experience.

Basically, take the function stuff with a grain of salt. When you go past categorizing externalized behaviors in others, it gets very murky.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?