User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 160

Thread: The Untyped

  1. #51
    Senior Member Kristiana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    326

    Default

    You don't sound INTJ to me.

    ISTJ seems to fit. That's what my Ni says anyway
    j'adore les chats

  2. #52
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Ah yes, of course: ISTJ. With the conformity thing...

    That's about the best/most concise description of functional differences I've seen, DG.

    Ni - "what will be"
    Ne - "what might be"

    Si - "what was"
    Se - "what is"

    Ti - what it is
    Te - how to use it

    Fi - how it feels
    Fe - how it makes others feel


    No wonder the S/N gap is so difficult to bridge. It's not just the well-rehearsed concrete vs abstract focus: we are looking in different directions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  3. #53
    Senior Member Ruthie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ?
    Posts
    436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    Ah yes, of course: ISTJ. With the conformity thing...
    Actually, the conformity thing is another stumbling block, albeit a small one. I know my interests and opinions fit perfectly with the SJ temperament (eg. my theory about the need for conformity). I just want to make sure I'm not tricking myself into believing I am a certain personality type just because my views are in keeping with that type. It doesn't count if I've just done a good job turning myself into an SJ.

    Setting aside the actual stance I took on conformity, would you say the way I made my argument was SJish? I still think it probably was: I used a lot of facts (like the civil rights stuff) and something of a building block logic to make my point.

  4. #54
    brainheart
    Guest

    Default

    My ISTJ dad is not a conformist. He can seem incredibly non-conformist, but he sticks to his values/philosophy/ideals no matter what. If you are dominant Si I don't think it's about the group as much as your personal worldview, what with it being an introverted function and all.

  5. #55
    Pumpernickel
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,960

    Default

    You seem very enfj based on your initial breakdown for the dichotomies


    Oh, and if you WERE an Fe dom that might explain a lot of the "societal values" you may attribute to Si

  6. #56
    Senior Member Ruthie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ?
    Posts
    436

    Default

    Heh... I think I might have to have a little more warmth to be Fe-dom. Plus, I don't really share the idealist temperament.

  7. #57
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruthie View Post
    Setting aside the actual stance I took on conformity, would you say the way I made my argument was SJish? I still think it probably was: I used a lot of facts (like the civil rights stuff) and something of a building block logic to make my point.
    I think the fact that you would even pay attention to the way you made your argument probably is...

    I felt like you were so focused on specific incidents in that thread, that you missed the bigger picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  8. #58
    Pumpernickel
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,960

    Default

    Si, Te, Ne... definitely an STJ then.

  9. #59
    Senior Member Ruthie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ?
    Posts
    436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    I think the fact that you would even pay attention to the way you made your argument probably is...

    I felt like you were so focused on specific incidents in that thread, that you missed the bigger picture.
    Funny how different perspectives seem. I thought your argument was very much of the "Everyone knows conformity is bad, all brave people refuse to conform" mold. It seemed that you were very closed off to any alternative argument. Guess we just spent a lot of time talking past each other.

  10. #60
    Senior Member Ruthie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ?
    Posts
    436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justxher View Post
    Si, Te, Ne... definitely an STJ then.
    That's what I'm thinking.

Similar Threads

  1. The Banned and The Damned
    By Haight in forum Official Decrees
    Replies: 331
    Last Post: 11-30-2017, 07:12 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-18-2015, 02:16 PM
  3. The Madmin Blog
    By Haight in forum Official Decrees
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 01-19-2013, 05:40 AM
  4. Eileen (to the left)
    By Eileen in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-24-2007, 07:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO