User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

Results 91 to 100 of 160

Thread: The Untyped

  1. #91
    Senior Member Ruthie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ?
    Posts
    436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I agree that predictability and planning are two totally different things. Predictability is a comfort zone of this is my home, my job, my friends, and nothing out of the ordinary is going to happen unless I want it to (ha ha). I too have a predictability comfort zone, especially after the haphazard quality of my extreme youth.

    Planning is something more active and structured, and it takes more energy from me.
    This isn't surprising marmalade... we may be opposite types, but we seem to have a lot in common.

    Are you still thinking about starting your own thread, like the "type me as a kid" thread?

  2. #92
    Senior Member Ruthie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ?
    Posts
    436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    I think any type can make lists, as justxher mentions, it all depends on what you do with those lists, and how frequent it is. For example, I can get list psycho sometimes when I get pissed about how much I suck at wasting my time and forgetting things and I'm hoping to turn over a new leaf, but it never lasts. Never.

    Holy moly does all of this sound like my in-laws or what, Ruthie! They are both SJs and it can drive me bonkers. 'Olive Garden again for your birthday? Really? Exact same thanksgiving dinner for the fortieth time, and you still honestly love it?'

    No offense or anything. It's kind of cute, in a way. I just don't get it because it's like the polar opposite of me.
    No offense taken. I'm well aware of how boring I am, and it's kind of a running joke with my friends and family. Maybe we should swap families...

    But it also makes me think Si dom for you, like you were saying, because I think those with Si as a secondary function like a bit more variety.

    All of the lists, timing yourself, etc, seems pretty seriously Te to me. My ISFJ mother-in-law, on the other hand, is exceptional at making quilts, doing puzzles, which I see as more Ti-oriented activity.

    You know, ISTJs also see tradition and family and the social group as being important, so that could be why I was thinking Fe. My ISTJ dad, when he was angry with me, used to talk about how selfish I was, how I always put myself first. But he definitely has that tertiary Fi- getting angry when my mom makes something he doesn't like to eat for dinner, hiding out by himself in his office, getting defensive when people disagree with him, etc.
    I don't really know - on the T side, I see evidence of both Te and Ti; and on the F side, I see a bit of both Fe and Fi. The main reason I'm leaning T is because I think both the Te and the Ti are a bit stronger than either the Fe or the Fi.

  3. #93
    Senior Member Tyrant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5
    Socionics
    INFp
    Posts
    181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruthie View Post
    I don't really know socionics... can you elaborate on the beta ISTj?
    Beta is quadrant four types belong to in the socionics system. Quadrant imply all the types in it share the same valued quadrants.

    Beta - ISTj (Ti, Se, Fe, Ni), ENFj (Fe, Ni, Ti, Se), INFp (Ni, Fe, Se, Ti), ESTp (Se, Ti, Ni, Fe)

    I, myself, would rather type you with socionics in mind because I consider MBTI a poorly defined system fitted with over-generalizations, and is overall lackluster in comparison to socionics. Do you mind?

    After reading your answers only once, I'm inclined to agree with BlackCat on you being LSI (ISTj - Ti base with Se, which significantly differs from Se in MBTI, creative). You might be another type, but at the moment, I'd say ISTj. When I have the time, I assure you I'll edit my post, and explain in detail why I hold this position.
    INTP | IEI - INFp

  4. #94
    Senior Member Ruthie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ?
    Posts
    436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrant View Post
    Beta is quadrant four types belong to in the socionics system. Quadrant imply all the types in it share the same valued quadrants.

    Beta - ISTj (Ti, Se, Fe, Ni), ENFj (Fe, Ni, Ti, Se), INFp (Ni, Fe, Se, Ti), ESTp (Se, Ti, Ni, Fe)

    I, myself, would rather type you with socionics in mind because I consider MBTI a poorly defined system fitted with over-generalizations, and is overall lackluster in comparison to socionics. Do you mind?

    After reading your answers only once, I'm inclined to agree with BlackCat on you being LSI (ISTj - Ti base with Se, which significantly differs from Se in MBTI, creative). You might be another type, but at the moment, I'd say ISTj. When I have the time, I assure you I'll edit my post, and explain in detail why I hold this position.
    I just took the socionics test (the 4 question version) and it gave me INTj. Question 2 combines "loving systems and theories" with "not liking routine," so it was tough to answer. I do love systems and theories, but I also love routines and predictability. On the other side, I'm terrible with "living in the here and now," which was why I rejected the alternative choice.

  5. #95
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruthie View Post
    Community values and a social support net are extremely important to me in theory, but I'm not a great personal catalyst for them. I work in politics, and I'm a populist, communitarian Democrat, so I spend a lot of time thinking about (and arguing about) why those values are important. But when you bring it down to the level of interpersonal relationships rather than ideals, I'm just not as good at showing warmth or empathy. I don't come across as cold or anything, but as I said before, I usually meet a person's problem with a plan of action or objective advice and not with the sometimes necessary shoulder to cry on.
    Ok, I'm gonna go with ISTJ then. "I respond with a plan of action and objective advice" is pretty Te.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  6. #96
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruthie View Post
    This isn't surprising marmalade... we may be opposite types, but we seem to have a lot in common.

    Are you still thinking about starting your own thread, like the "type me as a kid" thread?
    It may be because we share the same functions in a different order. If I'm INFP and you're ISTJ, for example, I have Fi Ne Si Te, and you have Si Te Fi Ne. Same if I'm an ENFP, just with the identical functions slightly switched.

    I honestly don't know if I'm going to start a thead - I'm fairly certain I'm an xNFP though I waffle back and forth on E/I.

  7. #97
    Senior Member NewEra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    I
    Posts
    3,104

    Default

    Hmm... I read through a big chunk of this thread and I would say that the type I'm leaning towards for you, Ruthie, is... ESTJ.

    The reason is that you seem to show quite a few SJ qualities, but not in as much depth as the IxSJs, who tend to breathe Si. One thing I can notice is that you seem to have a very good grasp of Ne. In general, ESTJs have a better grasp of N (and a worse grasp of F) than ISTJs. Many of the things you say are also indicative of Te, which is the dominant function of ESTJs. I do see some Si in there that I relate to as well, but I think the Te overrides that (plus I don't relate to as much of the Te as you seem to). Also the points about E/I that you gave on the first page indicate extroversion.

    So yeah I'd say overall, if you asked me to give me ONE type that I think you're most like, I would definitely say ESTJ.

  8. #98
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    ^ I'm thinking eSTJ now also. ISFJs would show more Fe and tend to be more sentimental. Her Ne seems decent also.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

  9. #99
    Senior Member Ruthie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ?
    Posts
    436

    Default

    @TheChosenOne, VagrantFarce & OrangeApplied:

    I'll keep an open mind about ESTJ since so many people seem to think it fits best, but I can't stress how "in my head" I am most of the time. Also, I personally relate more to Si as a function than Te.

    Also - OrangeApplied: I do have a pretty big nostalgia streak, if that counts for sentimentality.

  10. #100
    Senior Member VagrantFarce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,557

    Default

    What is your understanding of Ne?
    Hello

Similar Threads

  1. The Banned and The Damned
    By Haight in forum Official Decrees
    Replies: 331
    Last Post: 11-30-2017, 07:12 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-18-2015, 02:16 PM
  3. The Madmin Blog
    By Haight in forum Official Decrees
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 01-19-2013, 05:40 AM
  4. Eileen (to the left)
    By Eileen in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-24-2007, 07:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO