User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

Thread: The Untyped

MBTI
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I agree that predictability and planning are two totally different things. Predictability is a comfort zone of this is my home, my job, my friends, and nothing out of the ordinary is going to happen unless I want it to (ha ha). I too have a predictability comfort zone, especially after the haphazard quality of my extreme youth.

Planning is something more active and structured, and it takes more energy from me.
    This isn't surprising marmalade... we may be opposite types, but we seem to have a lot in common.

Are you still thinking about starting your own thread, like the "type me as a kid" thread?

MBTI
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    I think any type can make lists, as justxher mentions, it all depends on what you do with those lists, and how frequent it is. For example, I can get list psycho sometimes when I get pissed about how much I suck at wasting my time and forgetting things and I'm hoping to turn over a new leaf, but it never lasts. Never.

Holy moly does all of this sound like my in-laws or what, Ruthie! They are both SJs and it can drive me bonkers. 'Olive Garden again for your birthday? Really? Exact same thanksgiving dinner for the fortieth time, and you still honestly love it?'

No offense or anything. It's kind of cute, in a way. I just don't get it because it's like the polar opposite of me.
    No offense taken. I'm well aware of how boring I am, and it's kind of a running joke with my friends and family. Maybe we should swap families...

But it also makes me think Si dom for you, like you were saying, because I think those with Si as a secondary function like a bit more variety.

All of the lists, timing yourself, etc, seems pretty seriously Te to me. My ISFJ mother-in-law, on the other hand, is exceptional at making quilts, doing puzzles, which I see as more Ti-oriented activity.

You know, ISTJs also see tradition and family and the social group as being important, so that could be why I was thinking Fe. My ISTJ dad, when he was angry with me, used to talk about how selfish I was, how I always put myself first. But he definitely has that tertiary Fi- getting angry when my mom makes something he doesn't like to eat for dinner, hiding out by himself in his office, getting defensive when people disagree with him, etc.
    I don't really know - on the T side, I see evidence of both Te and Ti; and on the F side, I see a bit of both Fe and Fi. The main reason I'm leaning T is because I think both the Te and the Ti are a bit stronger than either the Fe or the Fi.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthie View Post
    I don't really know socionics... can you elaborate on the beta ISTj?
    Beta is quadrant four types belong to in the socionics system. Quadrant imply all the types in it share the same valued quadrants.

Beta - ISTj (Ti, Se, Fe, Ni), ENFj (Fe, Ni, Ti, Se), INFp (Ni, Fe, Se, Ti), ESTp (Se, Ti, Ni, Fe)

I, myself, would rather type you with socionics in mind because I consider MBTI a poorly defined system fitted with over-generalizations, and is overall lackluster in comparison to socionics. Do you mind?

After reading your answers only once, I'm inclined to agree with BlackCat on you being LSI (ISTj - Ti base with Se, which significantly differs from Se in MBTI, creative). You might be another type, but at the moment, I'd say ISTj. When I have the time, I assure you I'll edit my post, and explain in detail why I hold this position.
    INTP | IEI - INFp

MBTI
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrant View Post
    Beta is quadrant four types belong to in the socionics system. Quadrant imply all the types in it share the same valued quadrants.

Beta - ISTj (Ti, Se, Fe, Ni), ENFj (Fe, Ni, Ti, Se), INFp (Ni, Fe, Se, Ti), ESTp (Se, Ti, Ni, Fe)

I, myself, would rather type you with socionics in mind because I consider MBTI a poorly defined system fitted with over-generalizations, and is overall lackluster in comparison to socionics. Do you mind?

After reading your answers only once, I'm inclined to agree with BlackCat on you being LSI (ISTj - Ti base with Se, which significantly differs from Se in MBTI, creative). You might be another type, but at the moment, I'd say ISTj. When I have the time, I assure you I'll edit my post, and explain in detail why I hold this position.
    I just took the socionics test (the 4 question version) and it gave me INTj. Question 2 combines "loving systems and theories" with "not liking routine," so it was tough to answer. I do love systems and theories, but I also love routines and predictability. On the other side, I'm terrible with "living in the here and now," which was why I rejected the alternative choice.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Community values and a social support net are extremely important to me in theory, but I'm not a great personal catalyst for them. I work in politics, and I'm a populist, communitarian Democrat, so I spend a lot of time thinking about (and arguing about) why those values are important. But when you bring it down to the level of interpersonal relationships rather than ideals, I'm just not as good at showing warmth or empathy. I don't come across as cold or anything, but as I said before, I usually meet a person's problem with a plan of action or objective advice and not with the sometimes necessary shoulder to cry on.
    Ok, I'm gonna go with ISTJ then. "I respond with a plan of action and objective advice" is pretty Te.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

This isn't surprising marmalade... we may be opposite types, but we seem to have a lot in common.

Are you still thinking about starting your own thread, like the "type me as a kid" thread?
    It may be because we share the same functions in a different order. If I'm INFP and you're ISTJ, for example, I have Fi Ne Si Te, and you have Si Te Fi Ne. Same if I'm an ENFP, just with the identical functions slightly switched.

I honestly don't know if I'm going to start a thead - I'm fairly certain I'm an xNFP though I waffle back and forth on E/I.

MBTI
    I

Hmm... I read through a big chunk of this thread and I would say that the type I'm leaning towards for you, Ruthie, is... ESTJ.

The reason is that you seem to show quite a few SJ qualities, but not in as much depth as the IxSJs, who tend to breathe Si. One thing I can notice is that you seem to have a very good grasp of Ne. In general, ESTJs have a better grasp of N (and a worse grasp of F) than ISTJs. Many of the things you say are also indicative of Te, which is the dominant function of ESTJs. I do see some Si in there that I relate to as well, but I think the Te overrides that (plus I don't relate to as much of the Te as you seem to). Also the points about E/I that you gave on the first page indicate extroversion.

So yeah I'd say overall, if you asked me to give me ONE type that I think you're most like, I would definitely say ESTJ.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

^ I'm thinking eSTJ now also. ISFJs would show more Fe and tend to be more sentimental. Her Ne seems decent also.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ?

@TheChosenOne, VagrantFarce & OrangeApplied:

I'll keep an open mind about ESTJ since so many people seem to think it fits best, but I can't stress how "in my head" I am most of the time. Also, I personally relate more to Si as a function than Te.

Also - OrangeApplied: I do have a pretty big nostalgia streak, if that counts for sentimentality.

What is your understanding of Ne?
    Hello