• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

9w8 or 8w9

wolfy

awsm
For absolutely no good reason I've started to wonder what my enneagram type is. It's either 8 or 9. A combination of those. I see my behaviour as being 9 but my motivations I see as 8.

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
From the few times I have had a change to correspond with you I would definitely say 9 the peacemaker..

wolfy

awsm
From the few times I have had a change to correspond with you I would definitely say 9 the peacemaker..

Yeah, I recognise my behaviour as being strongly 9. But then I also strongly see myself as having the motivations described in eights.

So, I guess my question is which trumps which?

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
Well I am not sure of your full personality type, but my husband is ESFP. The only time he becomes challenging, is when I hint at getting a job. LMAO But I can see these parts in his character (Want to be self-reliant, to prove their strength and resist weakness, to be important in their world, to dominate the environment, and to stay in control of their situation.)

Depends... hmmm If someone attacks your character will you try to fix the problem or insist that they are indeed wrong??

Maybe some other questions like this can help you figure it out also.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I get more of an 8 vibe from you Wolfy, for some reason.

wolfy

awsm
Depends... hmmm If someone attacks your character will you try to fix the problem or insist that they are indeed wrong??

Maybe some other questions like this can help you figure it out also.

I'm ISFP. Depends but I'd probably insist they were wrong as a reflex.

EDIT: I'd most likely think they were wrong but not care. I'm pretty secure in who I am.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I would say 9w8 from reading your posts.

wolfy

awsm
So can anyone tell me. What is more important. My motivations for what I do or how my behaviour comes across. I don't go looking for conflict but I don't back down from it either.

wolfy

awsm
Just in case anyone looks at this thread trying to decide themselves I'll post this.

From here

Rather than withdraw from conflict, 9w8's are more likely to try and defuse or prevent it, which an aggressive, gut-centered wing is fit to accomplish.

I only move forward if someone moves on me.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISFPs can be 8s. A perfect example of this is Donald Trump :yes:
PS: I am reviving an old ass thread lol

wolfy

awsm
Wow! This is an old thread. I think I am 9w8. I guess some isfp could be 8w9, I don't see why not.